Home Alone Zelo

Omma.. Forgive Me For Being A Bad Child..

 

 

        That morning, Zelo was alone in the house. He did nothing much besides sprawling on the floor, wordlessly staring at the white ceiling above him. He bobbed his head up and down onto the floor that it hit the hard surface, causing a thumping noise. After a while, he stopped his silly doing as he finally felt the pain.

        “Ahh it hurts,” he talked to nobody while rubbing his sore head. He propped himself into a sitting position and glanced to the clock on the wall

        “It is ten minutes past eleven..”

        Unintentionally, he raised his fingers and counted them. In about ten hours more, his mum would return home from her workplace. During those ten hours, what’d I do to while away my time? Being a ten years old, an hour away from his mum is already an utter torment. Imagine how bad those ten hours would torture him.

        He dropped his shoulders and puffed his fluffy cheeks. Thinking and thinking about what to do... hmm eating..?

        “Yes!! Eating!! I’d do that! I even hadn’t had my breakfast yet!!”

        The boy stormed downstairs to the kitchen. But when he reached the kitchen, he halted as he realized something. I can’t cook!  It was his mum who had always prepares food for him but she didn’t leave any food on the dining table as usual. So, what should he eat then?

        He tapped his chin while walking idly in the kitchen. Should I cook? Of course not! He immediately shook his head at the thought. He might burn the kitchen again! His mum would starve him for destroying her kitchen for the second time!

        In the end, the poor boy left the kitchen with his grumbling stomach and headed to the living room. His giant TOTOmato on the couch was pulled into his embrace. He hugged it dearly although his short arms couldn’t seem to reach one another.

        Unconsciously, his thoughts trailed to his mum.

        “I bet she must’ve been so mad that she didn’t even make me a breakfast,” he spoke rather sullenly.

        Like hell she was not mad! Yesterday that kid burnt the kitchen! Well, not the whole kitchen but the stove. However, the stove alone had caused quite a damage that his mum had to buy a new one.

        He remembered how his mum had locked herself inside her room for days after the incident. She was crying all day long. Aside from that, she also refused to talk to anybody including her only child. I guess the damage I caused upset her that much. I wouldn’t enter the kitchen from the first place if I know that she’d be that unhappy.

        Despite his countless misdemeanours all this while, he had never seen his mum crying. That caused him, who’d never thought of her feelings when he broke her dear china, ruined her backyard garden, painted on the wall and dirtied the living room started to feel guilty. He actually regretted all of it as he realized he was the one who made her cried.

        It was because of this a little too mischievous and stubborn son of hers, she cried.

        He stood up weakly from the couch and went straight to the front door. He brought along his TOTOmato in his arms. It felt like the matoki was his only friend that’d comfort his troubled heart at the moment. They sat on the cold floor in front of the entrance door.

        As he recollected the amount of time till his mum to come back from her work, he let out a sigh. He decided to just wait for her till she come back.

        “Omma, when will you be at home? I don’t want to be alone here.”

        His voice came out as a soft whisper. Out of the blue, he had the urge to cry. Uh wha-? Right away he fought himself not to do so. He quickly denied the fact that he actually wanted to cry really bad at that very moment despite him being a ten.

        “.. I miss you already..”

        In the midst of waiting, he fell asleep in front of the entrance door before he knew it.

        After it felt like an eternity, he woke up to the sound of footsteps from inside the house. He jolted up, aware that his mum had returned home. He rushed into the house straight away.

        “Omma!”

        He called out in glee while ascending the stairs before he went directly to her mum’s bedroom.

        “Omma, I didn’t have my fill yet. I’m hungry!” He was already in front of her door. The door was slightly ajar so he slipped his way in.

        “Omma..”

        He froze at his spot. There he saw his mum crying for the umpteenth time. He could hear his heart being crushed in great pain. With slow steps, he went closer to her who was sitting on her bed. She had her head buried in her right palm. It pained him so much to see his beloved omma being that vulnerable.

        It’s my fault that she became like this.

        “Omma, I’m sorry,” he reached for her hand but he couldn’t seem to feel a thing. As if he was touching the wind. What's happening..? Confused, he stretched out his fingers to her hand again. But they only passed through it.

       Tears fell down his from his eyes when the reality cruelly struck him.

        He couldn’t touch his mum.

       

        “O-Omma, can you hear me??”

        Panicking, he knelt in front of her, trying to gain her attention but to avail because she was still crying as if she was alone in the room.

        “Omma..!” he called for his mum repeatedly. He attempted to touch her again yet still he couldn’t feel anything except the thin air. The tears in his eyes fell rapidly as he was beyond devastated seeing that she didn’t pay a heed to him at all. As if he was invisible.

        “Omma.. is this what I get for being a bad child..?”, his heart felt so hurt that talking was the thing that he hardly do at that moment. Still, he heard not a response from his mum.

        “Forgive me!! Please forgive me, omma..! I promise I’ll be good! An-and I’ll listen to you well! But please don’t ignore me like this! ... Omma!!” He went frantic as he begged his mum in great desperation. The pain was too much for the little boy to take in. He was so desperate to have his mum replying his words.

        He tried to hug her feet although his arms kept passing through them.

        “Omma, why can’t you hear me..? Wh-why are you being like this..?”

        He choked in his tears. He hopelessly tightened his hug but it was still as loose.

        “... I’m right in front of you. But why can’t you notice me...? Omma..! Don’t do this to me, please! I’m begging you!! I’ll be a good son! I promise!!”

        His body became worn out from all of the crying and pleading. In the end, he sat there on the floor, frustratingly gazing his mum who was still crying as ever.

        His tears relentlessly fell as he realized the terrible fact that his mum couldn’t see, hear nor touch him.

        “I guess this is what I get for being a bad son to you, omma..”

        The poor boy reached for his mum’s wind-like feet again. He held close them nevertheless and cried his already wrecked heart out.

        “Omma.. forgive me..”

       

        Zelo didn’t realize the newspaper in his mum’s left hand. The highlight was : "A Home Alone 10 Years Old Boy Burnt Himself".

 

- the end -

 

 

thanks for spending time reading my humble fic here C=

i keep posting my school essays here lol x3 and ah this story also succeed in making my teachers cried! hee my bad! xP

 HOPE U GUYS ENJOY AND TELL ME WHAT DO U GUYS THINK-->COMMENT JUSEYO~ O w O

- iBABYz -