final

08.43 AM

 

Myungsoo stares.

It’s his usual habit and while it’s normal for him, it’s not quite normal for other people.

He was late for his class, that’s for sure. But he learnt (the hard way) to not care since his lecturer always late for more than two hours. He sighs because the train hasn’t move yet (there’s another train on another platform that will depart first, but seeing how much people running after it he decided to play it safe).

‘Maybe it’s better if I board the usual train…’ he thinks absent-mindedly.

The subject of his gaze fidgets uncomfortably, and Myungsoo decides maybe it’s time for him to change his target (he only stares at people who he deems interesting and doesn’t give second glances towards people that don’t catch his attention).

His gaze falls towards a person standing at the far corner of the train. He tilts his head curiously and stares.

The person is freakishly tall (even taller than him, and he always thought that he’s quite tall himself) and lanky, but in a proportional way (he can sees the lean and strong muscle the stranger has and it makes him feel inferior because while his arm is quite muscular he feels soft and squishy). He has short brownish hair that swept to the side and hidden under a baseball cap. His face can’t be seen clearly, but he’s sure as hell the stranger is gorgeous as .

There’s an announcement and the train finally departs, making Myungsoo sighs in relief. He checks his watch.

It’s 08.43 am.


“You’ve changed a lot at the second term, hyung.”

Myungsoo looks up from his assignment and arches an eyebrow. “Yeah?” he says, unsure what to respond.

Sungjong stares at him indifferently while munching on his banana flavored cupcake. “You never late in the first term, but now you’re one of the latest students in our class.” He says.

“There are other who later than me. And also, it’s better to be late than absent, right?”

“It’s better to not late at all. You used to say that all the time,” Sungjong snorts. “Please, hyung. I know you’re not the bad student type and I know you must have your own reason to be late. But please… keep it down a bit, will you? Not all our lecturers can be late for more than two hours.”

Myungsoo fixes his gaze at his assignment.

He has to board the 08.43 train.


Myungsoo stares.

The beautiful stranger sits across from him, dozing off with his cap covering his face.

From his research (he didn’t stalk him for God’s sake, that’d be really weird and he’s not a freak), he finds out that the stranger is only two semester away from him, which means he’s only older for about a year.

He also finds out that the stranger always board the 08.43 train from the same station as him, no change in time at all (whether he always has the same schedule or he just like to come earlier or later—like him—he doesn’t know).

He also somehow finds out about his major; engineering (he overheard him when he talked in phone with his friend—Woohyun) and that successfully made his coolness level went up in Myungsoo’s eyes (because he could never majoring in engineering based on his experience in high school where he almost electrocute himself to death, making Sungjong almost died from heart attack in the process and Sunggyu hyung never let him near anything electrical anymore).

There’s an announcement about the next station that makes Myungsoo jumps from his seat.

He regrets it, but he has to get off from the train soon.

He fishes out his phone to check whether there’s an incoming message or anything. He ends up smiling when he sees the small note on his phone screen.

‘Take the 08-43 train.’


It’s not the first time he’s being molest in a crowded train when he goes home.

Myungsoo sighs for the nth time while swatting the hand that feel around his . He just wants to get home, takes a bath and eats dinner before he faces his endless assignment dammit. He starts to get annoyed by the culprit behavior. Usually, when he swatted the culprit’s hand, they’d get startled and stop with whatever they doing before (it happened quite often before, believe him).

This time tough… the hand insists on groping him around.

“Aish,” Myungsoo tsk’ed, and he pinches the culprit’s hand hard. There’s a startled yelp from someone behind him and he smiles in satisfaction. The hand doesn’t come back to feel him again. He mentally claps his back proudly—

This time he’s the one who let out a startle yelp when someone squeezes his roughly.

He turns around angrily—

Only to find the stranger stands behind him, glaring daggers and grabbing a wrist of a middle age man who has his hand on Myungsoo’s .

‘Oh.’

The stranger grins (a big, wide, gummy grins that makes Myungsoo’s legs feel like jelly but he refuses to collapses now) towards the man. “Now, sir, I won’t do that if I were you,” he says, and Myungsoo still can’t see his face but he can see the threatening tone on his words. “You know it’d be easy to report you to the guards here, saying that you molest a high school student that was too scared to do anything.” Myungsoo frowns. He’s not a high school student and he’s not scared. “So you better off now before I do anything towards your hand.”

And the man staggers away (lucky for him the train stops at a station and he get off, but Myungsoo doesn’t really care whether it really is his station or not).

Myungsoo stares at the stranger with baseball cap.

The stranger looks down. “You okay?” he asks, and damn… he really is tall… and that smooth voice of his makes Myungsoo wants to punch the speaker that keeps repeating about the next station because he just want to hear this stranger voice.

“Hello? Anybody there?”

Myungsoo is well-aware of the fact his mouth hangs open—but what can he do when the stranger lowers his head to match his level?? And , his face is much better than whatever faces he imagined before about this stranger.

“Ya!”

Myungsoo gasps in surprise when the stranger sways his hand in front of his face. “I-I’m sorry!” he stutters. “Thank you for your help earlier.”

The stranger straightens his body (Myungsoo doesn’t immediately missing the face he longed to see for about two weeks) and grins again. “You’re welcome. I can’t stand it when someone molests another person. It just… horrible.”

“Yeah…” Myungsoo nods. “It’s horrible.” He knows that he looks really stupid right now. Especially since he can feels the heat on his cheeks and he’s sure as hell he’s blushing right now.

“Anyway…” the stranger scratches his cheek—and Myungsoo can’t help but thinks the bead of sweats on his cheeks is gorgeous too—and bites his lips. “I never thought we’d board the same train on our way home.”

That was… unexpected.

“I beg your pardon?” Myungsoo asks nervously. The stranger smirks (oh yeah, it’s a freaking smirk, not a freaking grin) and Myungsoo gulps nervously.

“Well… if you’re really interested in me…” the stranger lowers his head again to whisper in Myungsoo’s ear. “You should just come to me and ask my name, not following me around like a stalker. Oh, and eavesdropping was bad… you could maybe hear… something inappropriate, y’know… but it’s kinda cute, how you did all of that while being oblivious that I was actually stalking you too.”

Myungsoo blushes. Real hard. He swears he can feel smoke emitting from his ears. “I… I…” he stutters. “I’m sorry…”

The stranger pulls away. “No worries~ I quite enjoy your show when you stalked me~” he chimes. “And anyway, I’m happy I have a cutie as my stalker.” Myungsoo swears if this stranger calls him cute once again, he’ll faint. “Anyway, what’s your name?”

“Kim Myungsoo,” he answers. He braces himself to look at the stranger face once again. “And you are…?”

The stranger takes off his cap. “Lee Sungyeol. Please to meet you, Myungsoo ssi.”

 

~~~

 

I got molest once... and I guess having a boy friend with you when you got molest wasn't bad and also being a straightforward person is good~