First Day of school

Kerri's Days

" Hello, my name is Kerri Blake. I have transferred here from L.A. In America. My mother is President of Kiss Me fashion brand. In my free time I like to go ice-skating and fishing. Personally I don't want to be here. I'm still running on L.A. Time, have a massive headache and consider this whole damn school a joke. I mean why do I have to wear a blazer in ninety degree weather? Oh wait since this is Korea you guys run on the metric system right? I'm not even gonna bother trying to convert that into celsius." This is the introduction that I wanted to say for myself but couldn't. My teacher introduced me in Korean to the rest of the bored looking students. It peeved me out that I couldn't just say it myself but god forbid if I ever get the honorifics wrong. I'm half Korean and half African American. I know Korean but people only see the "stupid American" side to me.

I sat down in my seat and pulled out my teal notebook and a pencil. As the teacher was setting up the SmartBoard I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and it was a friendly looking girl.

" Hello, my name is Cha Eun-Sang." She stuttered out in her broken english she held out her hand to be shook. I turned around in my seat and shook her hand.

" Hello, Cha Eun-Sang." I replied back in Korean. She looked a little shocked with the lack of an accent that I have.

" Thank God that you can speak Korean. I thought I was going to have to start paying attention in English class again." She whispered back in Korean. She smiled wickedly and I returned her smile with a genuine one.

When the bell rang for lunch, Eun-Sang grabbed my hand while I was putting away my notebook.

"C'mon, we need to get to the sushi before it is all gone. Quickly!" I let her pull me down the hallway. When we turned around a corner we hit a massive brick wall. We both went down.

" Why would the have a brick wall right around the corner?" I muttered rubbing my nose. I froze when I heard the absolute silence in the hallway. The usual sounds of people laughing and joking were hushed down. I looked at Cha Eun-Sang and saw her looking up, terrified. I followed my gaze up long legs, a hard torso, broad chest, and into the giants cruel looking face.

"Cha Eun-Sang, what are you going to do for me now that you hurt me so much?" He teased.

Eun-Sang stuttered out an apology.

"What about your friend here? Shouldn't she also be apologizing?" He asked. There was a thin layer of innocence over the anger in his voice.

I stood and realized that this giant was actually an inch shorter than me because of my heeled boots. I looked down my nose at him. " I would apologize to you if you weren't such an about it. It was an accident and yet you decide to drag it on because you think we are weaker than you. Your a good four centimeters shorter than me right now," I glanced down at his name tag, " Young Doo, right? Do not bring the anger and resentment you have towards your dad out on me or else you will understand the reason why I was able to survive 16 years in L.A." I warned. "Let's go" I helped up Eun-Sang and slung my arms around her shoulders.

" Hey! This isn't over. You will regret this day." Young Doo shouted. You and me both.