Waiting for you I

Promise Keepers[HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Agashi!” a young girl dressed in shaman clothes yelled. With small yet hurried steps, her feet came closer and closer to the door she wanted to open. The cold wood underneath her toes became warmer as she approached. The entire atmosphere got warmer actually. “Agashi!” the girl shouted one more time as her hands pushed open the brown wooden door that separated them.

The girl inside put down a small piece of paper and then looked at the young shaman. Leaning her head back a little, her lips curved up in a genuine smile.

“Agashi” Mirae called one more time, her hands already encircling the latter’s. “That man who just came out, he is a cop, isn’t he?”

“Yes. Why?”

Mirae put her elbow on the small table in front of her, placing her chin in her palm as her eyes sparkled with playfulness. “He was so handsome. His body was screaming of authority, of…manliness.”

“Have you, by any chance, checked his pockets?”

“Aish.” Mirae pouted. “Old habits die hard.” She shrugged. “But if I remember well, the last cop who visited you, Woobin, said that cops won’t come to you for consultations because they don’t believe in your powers. They need solid proofs not mere words…”

“He didn’t come for consultation. He was asking questions about Woobin.”

“Why?”

“I think they were friends. He wanted to know why Woobin came to me in the past.”

“Did you tell him?”

“No. I promised Woobin to never tell anyone. I keep my promises.”

The young girl stood up from their seats and went to the window to watch the police officer leave. Mirae followed her.

“What’s his name?” Mirae asked.

“Woo Jiho. Why?”

“I might need his name if I want to give him back his badge.” Mirae answered while taking out the leather piece that had a shiny emblem on it.

“Don’t worry. He will come back in a few minutes.” The girl said. She took the badge and put it on the table.

Mirae tilted her head to the side. She always had a hard time understanding that girl’s thoughts. The “why” she wanted to ask got an answer before Mirae could voice it. Zico was walking to his car when a boy bumped into him. Zico glared at the impolite brat.

“Didn’t he just…” Mirae started asking but was unsure as to continue or not.

“He did. I told him to move his wallet to the other pocket.” The young girl shook her head.

Zico took a few more steps when he finally realized something was off. The warning he got earlier from the girl in the temple echoed in his ears.

“Oh no, he didn’t.” he whined as he checked his pockets. Groaning, he ran after the thief. “Yah!” he yelled after him but he was too far away. After turning the corner, he was completely out of Zico’s reach. “I really can’t believe this!” Zico hit some random empty can. His ID, cards and money were in that wallet, not to mention that he had just received his salary.

Furious, he stormed back to the temple and, without knocking, he entered the room where the girl was.

“Please move your wallet to the other pocket.” He said in a voice that was supposed to be an imitation of hers. “How did you know I was going to have my wallet stolen?”

“When you visited earlier, you brushed your hand against mine for a second. I saw a few flashes of what was going to happen next.” The girl answered with a blank face.

Zico could only stare at her. That was not the type of answer he was expecting.

“This happens often around here. People have a habit of putting their wallets in the same pocket as you.” She answered again, this time while smiling. Of course the man in front of her was not going to believe her first statement.

“Alright…” Zico mumbled, still a bit shaken up. “And you never reported this until now?” he asked when he regained his senses.

“Well, he has his reasons for stealing.”

“Oh, so you even know him.”

“Not really.” The girl lied. “And I think this is yours.” She changed the subject, giving him back the badge.

“Agashi, don’t think badly of me. It’s just that I am a police officer. It’s my job…sometimes I have to be rude. The person at the entrance told me not to do this but, agashi-“

“Kim Yerim.” The girl cut him.

“Eh?” Zico frowned.

“My name. It’s Kim Yerim. Weren’t you going to ask that?”

“Right.” Zico uneasily nodded. He took out his notepad and scribbled the name down. Before he could open his mouth again, Yerim told him her phone number and the fact that he could find her at the temple almost all the time. The fact that the girl was doing everything that Zico had on his mind – things that weren’t yet voiced out – made the skin on his back crawl. She was weird.

“I’ll come back.” Zico said.

“I know.” Yerim nodded.

“I still have questions for you. Think! If you remember anything about Woobin, you can come to my office.”

Yerim followed him, watching as he angrily stormed away.

“You’d better be careful wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter