Father's Love

Father's Love - Suho

Soft delicate breathing gently spilled from his parted lips, black perfect lashes fanned form the edges of his eyes while his fingers were gently laced with yours. Rounded shoulders, even slow breaths and his hair cascading over his eyes, his muscles happily relaxed under his skin while his fingers twitched occasionally. Looking over at your husband, Suho, you wondered what he was dreaming about, your eyes moved over his figure that was exposed from the solid print duvet that loosely covered both of your bodies.

Rolling your head over, you looked up at the dark ceiling, with your mind working and keeping you up, you let out a deep breath as you just wished that you could go to sleep. Moving your eyes to your large belly that almost tented the duvet over you, your free hand gently rubbed over it while your mind started to wonder.

With the baby due any day now, Suho and you were both on the ready at any sign that the baby was going to give you. Yet you almost didn’t want the baby to come with all of the doubts that were swirling in your mind. Sitting up slowly you glanced over, once more, at your husband sleeping peacefully.

Carefully, sliding out your hand from his, he gently stirred and you waited until he sighed and fell back to sleep. Swinging your legs over the side of the bed, you carefully pulled the sheets from you, placing them beside you while you pushed yourself up out of the bed and onto your swollen ankles. Shuffling across the carpet, you placed one hand on your stomach while the other one opened the door.

Hesitant to leave, you looked over at Suho once more, fast asleep and peaceful not wanting to bother him, you walked out into the hall and quietly closed the door behind you.

Heading into the open concept living room and kitchen, you waddled your way to the kitchen, thinking that you were hungry and that food would take your mind off of the negative thoughts swirling your head you looked through the pantry and opened the fridge. But with nothing sounding good enough to eat, you settled with watching the city lights.

Patting your stomach, you walked over to the rocking chair and sat down, turning it towards the large windows, you watched the flickering street lights and the buildings off in the distance. The back and forth motion on the chair lulled some of your worries but as your hand traveled over your stomach, more worries began to fill your mind.

His hand gently tried to squeeze yours, but with nothing in his hand.

"Jagiya" He called out sleepily, rubbing his eyes with his hand, he sat up, propping up his body with his elbow, he looked at your side of the bed.

The sheets were gently wrinkled and the duvet was pushed aside, the indentation of your head was still on your pillow. His hand gently slid over your side of the bed as he felt a slight warmth still in the mattress. With a sigh he knew that you weren’t gone for to long.

Bringing his eyes upwards, he scanned the room seeing if you were anywhere in sight. A thought came into your mind that you might have gotten hungry, swinging his legs out of the bed, he walked over to the door as a yawn escaped his lips once more. Raking his fingers through his hair, he pulled the door open as he walked out into the open concept kitchen and living room.

A soft light caught his eyes, turning his head in your direction, he saw you rocking slowly in the new chair that he had put together a few months ago.

"Jagi?" He called out, his voice deep and raspy from just waking up.

Looking over to the voice, you quickly wiped away your tears.

"Is something wrong Suho?" You tried to keep your voice quiet to prevent it from breaking from your tears.

"Why aren’t you in bed?" Suho asked moving closer to you. Turning your head away from him, you tried to hide your tears from him as he knelt by the chair and gently placed his hand over yours.

"T-The baby was keeping me up" You made an excuse as you felt his eyes moving over you. Nodding his head, he placed his hand on your stomach and gently rubbed it.

"Do you need to go to the Emergency room?" He probed, just wanting the best for you and the baby. Shaking your head slowly, he just watched you, trying to get hints from your body language as to what was wrong.

Silence fell between the two of you, feeling pressure as to tell him what was going on, you tried to hold it in knowing that he might over react but after a few more minutes you couldn’t hold it in any longer.

"Suho…" You started, turning to look at him, your cheeks coated in tears, gently glistening in the moonlight. His hand gently reached up and brushed the trails of tears from your cheeks.

"I’m worried" You whispered quietly, those two words filling up the empty room.

"What are you worried about?" Suho asked trying to understand you a little more.

"The baby" You whispered letting your eyes drop to your large, round stomach. Suho’s eyes widened but he bit his tongue not wanting to do anything that might upset you more.

"I don’t think that I will be a good mom" You let a few more tears fall from your eyes as he pulled you into his arms. Tears ran down your face once more as your arms wrapped around his shoulders. Suho’s hands gently wrapped around your back, rubbing it softly as you let out all of your tears.

A while later, you started to calm down with his gentle shushes and his hands rubbing your back.

”________, you have done a great job so far. Taking care of yourself and of our baby, making sure that you and the baby have everything that you need. You are already a mom because you are already taking care of our baby that is growing inside of you.” He whispers in your ear. “I’m the one that should be worried. You and the baby already know each other and I am pretty sure the baby loves you as much as I do.”

"Y-You really think so?" You pulled away looking at him in his eyes.

"I know so" He brushed his fingers against your cheek, slowly he leaned in and locked his lips with yours. The soft and reassuring kiss was exactly what you needed to vanish all of the horrible thoughts that you were thinking earlier.