Kim Minyoung

Penpals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lim Kim - You Don`t Even Know

Minyoung was a lonely girl living at the poorer side of town. Her family was relatively poor and couldn`t afford buying her toys and neither did she have nice clothes; which caused all the bullying at her school and the reason for her being an outcast. The closest friend Minyoung had, and the only person she could talk to was the man in the wheelchair who lived across the street. But he had developed agoraphobia due to past events, and never left his house, which was why Minyoung got in charge of delivering the mail from the mailbox to his house. She was paid for it, but only a small amount which she decided she could save on the side.

Minyoung was a smart girl, maybe too smart for other`s liking. She knew how to draw well, her writing was good; she was a good student following every order. But she was broken all the other places. She had no connection with her family whatsoever and she lacked socially. Even if Minyoung was really smart, she was still a child deep down. She wanted to explore the world and her bluntness made her ask all the questions she needed the answer to. Her grandma was the only one who cared to answer the questions, since her mother was busier drowning herself in liquor.

Today for some reason Minyoung went out with her mother. After long her mother was conscious again. She had been drinking herself to sleep everyday not being able to take her 10 years old daughter out to have some mother and daughter quality time. Her mother was mostly drunk and when she wasn`t she would be asleep, sleeping away her days.

While her mother was busier drinking herself to sleep, Minyoung would lock herself up in her room playing away her day with her self-made action figures, X-men was what she tried making. They were sewed with buttons fallen from her well used shirts, and last Friday`s chicken bones. She looked up to strong X-men they saved the world and were the greatest. She wished she could afford getting the whole collect one day. Her mother used the money on her drinks, which her father worked day and night for, which was why Minyoung never got her toys.

Minyoung didn`t even have a close relationship with her father. During the time she was at school, he was at work. When she made it home he would still be at work and the moment she went underneath her blanket her heavy eyes shutting because of the tiring day. That was the time she heard her father arriving home from his work. She was never close with either of them. They were her parents but it stopped there, she didn`t know them personally, they hadn`t taken their time to get to know her either.

While walking around the grocery shop, her mother was pushing a wagon grabbing the necessary supplies for the dinner she was making, and dessert after. Minyoung was never allowed to try the dessert. It was probably because it alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter