An Evening Rest

Siesta

     One calm evening, I was lying around our bed with him. He was focused on his phone while I was doing nothing. After a few minutes of silence, I began to feel bored and crawled to his side. I tried to peek to see what he was doing with his phone that made him so immersed in it. However, it failed and I ended up snuggling to his side.

"Tao," I called softly.

He didn't respond to me.

Maybe he didn't hear me.

"Tao-yah~,"

He made an audible sound as a response. I smiled happily although it was a lazy response.

"What'cha doing?" I asked childishly.

It takes a few moments for him to reply.

"Nothing. Waeyo?" he asked back, eyes still fixed to the phone screen.

"Just asking," I answered shortly, drawing circles on the blanket.

     After that, the room became silent once again. The only sound that could be heard at this moment was the beeping and clicking of his phone.

"Tao," I called again, snuggled into his right arm.

Again, he only hummed as a response.

"Tao. Tao. Tao. Tao," I repeatly called him. Almost like singing.

"Waeyo?" he replied, a bit annoyed.

"Nothing," 

    Noticing his annoyance to me, I burried my face into his fabric, enjoying his scent, his presence. Eventhough, he didn't pay any attention to me. This is enough already. The fact that he was there beside me. There's nothing else I could wish for.

"Saranghae," the last word I murmured before I realized my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. Just a moment after that, I felt a quick warm sensation laid on my forehead.

"Nado saranghae," a deep voice whispered between his lips and skin on my forehead sending a chill down through my body made me feel good.