Prologue

Fish without Gills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

“Agh, aww. Darn,” Luhan grunted as he stumbled upon the window. He tried his best to fit in the small space. Guess why he’s passing through the small window. He went outside and gone around, wandering in the world. He wore his mask and a hoodie to cover his face but failed. Fans recognized him and started chasing him all around.

He did “try” to hide his identity but he didn’t felt that fans will recognize him by his movement and his aura. He always believes what is seen by his eye. Earlier, before leaving the dorm, he looked at himself in the mirror and thought, “Oh, nobody would recognize me.” But then fans are fans. They could feel you, they could sense you.

While running from the fans, he passed through streets and blocks away from Gangnam. EXO were supposed to rehearse for their upcoming concerts in China and Japan for their Lost Planet Tour but the boys were dismissed. Luhan who was confused of what was happening just believed that it was time to think.

Kris filed a lawsuit for SM Entertainment a few weeks ago and Luhan thinks fans are supporting them. Fans are saying, “Stay strong EXO!” Luhan thinks their fans understood what is happening. But no, fans don’t understand a thing about Kris’ issue.

Luhan can clearly see fans are saying and supporting EXO on their various SNS accounts but he can’t feel what people are feeling. He may read a fan posting, “Stay stong Yifan-oppa.” But have he ever thought about what he isn’t seeing?

All Luhan believes is that Kris is okay, fans are okay and everything is okay because that’s what he sees, that’s what he knows. SM staffs told EXO that Kris is doing great and there is no need to worry but even EXO don’t know what happened.

Kris’ issue is still unknown to them, especially to Luhan who was clueless about everything. But fans know more than the boys themselves. Kris was even spotted at an hospital at Beijing which Luhan have no clue about.

He didn’t know fans are mourning for clarification. Fans are even pleading Yg Entertainment to adopt EXO. But again, Luhan has no idea about this because it isn’t what he sees.

A soon as the fans lost track of him; he slowly closed the window and the curtains and hid inside the room. The room looked like it has no danger; not a teenage girl’s room not a fans’ room. No posters of EXO, no merchandise, just soft bed covered in green bed sheets and a wooden study table with a small lamp. The lamp was still on. “Odd…” Luhan thought while staring at the light from the lamp. The sun outside is burning and the lamp was switched on.

He slowly reached for the door and tried to avoid creating sounds. He locked the door knob to avoid having someone barging in inside the room. If some would knock at the closed door, he will have time to just hop off of the window.

Clever plan of Luhan.

His expensive phone from one of his fans started vibrating inside his pocket. “Yobosaeyo?” he asked the caller through the phone. On the other line was calm and silent until the caller spoke.

“Hyung, where are you?” the caller interrogated with fierce and worry in his voice.

Luhan heaved out a sigh before answering back, “I was chased by fans. I’ll be back soon.” And with that, he ended

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter