01

Second Mystery

(SONG REQUEST: ROMANTIC BY SHINee!! Must listen!) 

 

 

Mountains of paperwork created a castle, surrounded by a moat, around and on my desk. I haven't been active in them due to urgent detective cases that required my direct attention. I acknowledged that there would have to be a day where I would be forced against my will to complete each sheet. It was going to be hell but I deserved it for postponing my duties. 

The low sounding voice emitted from behind that I learned to frame from strangling it's owner, startled me from what I was preoccupied with; the thought of completing each stack. I turned around to confront one of the most aggravating person to be coinciding with. He caused much vexation than needed for me, besides the paperwork, he made my life a living hell. First off, he decided to barge into my agency that I practically have in the palm of my hand, then he claims my title. He stole my promotion simply because I was absent for a couple of days due to a minor cold and he finished what I started. That man would be the death of me, then he would solve the case of my sudden disappearance. 
"What do you want Kyungsoo?" 
"Is there something wrong?" 
"Oh, you haven't noticed?" I said, obvious anger drowning my speech. "You basically stole my job! The only reason I'm in my office is because you done all the scenes I was assigned to do and the only thing I can do are these stacks." 
What really pissed me off was that his huge eyes remained clouded with confusion. As if he was utterly oblivious of his crimes. He, being a conserved person with a perplexing mind, kept his thoughts and opinions to himself, never speaking against anyone; even if they were dead wrong. Kyungsoo always wore a blank expression, his eyebrows resting, his eyes set, lips drawn into a straight line. Maybe it was me, but it seemed he despised his job as a detective, therefore why would he receive a higher ranking than myself? It wasn't fair to me, I have been thriving on these grounds, at this career, longer than he has; one full year of cases longer than him.
He remained there speechless, not sharing his thoughts or displaying any form of emotion, his regular blank face. It ignited, something in me. Combustion occurred in multiple places in my body, my heart, my mind. 
"Do you like me?" 
The question struck me, extinguishing some of my roaring flames; I was probably exerting heat. Did I enjoy him? No, definitely not so. Did I like him as a person? 
There were no words. My flashbacks were my memories. 
 
"You have to use this," Kyungsoo handed me a microscope. "You need to see the structure of the cell, then use this microscope to scan the DNA patterns. By then, you can see if the victim's killer had any connections." 
"That makes sense," I said as I was focusing the lenses. I placed myself before the microscope, peering to see the sample of blood. There was definitely something off about this portion, it was too loss in color. It could have been simply that the sample was taken after the victim was found dead. We evacuated the motionless body to the hospital and allowed the doctors to work on the blood samples. We were double checking to make sure our results were head and head with theirs. 
"Is there something off?" He inquired. "About the blood I mean." 
I rose from the device to confront him, but backed away. His face was extremely close to mine. My heart was beating at 100 miles per hour, how could he do that? 
Kyungsoo shifted his eyes to me, noticing the state I was in; the state he caused. 
"Is there something wrong?" There was little movement in his face, concern being covered again with his typical expression. He stepped forward, reaching his hand out to measure the warmth on my forehead but I swiftly dodged his hand, gently pushing it away with mine. Even though our hands were gloved, I could feel his warmth, his breath of life wracking me. 
"B-Besides the blood being a few days old, it looks average," I found the answer to his previous question before I was attacked with emotions. These grounds of the institute frowned upon interaction with another worker, I could never find myself taking interest in Kyungsoo, anyone working under this company basically.  
"Hey, maybe you should head out. Make sure to drink water," he suggested. "I think you're done for the day." 
Kyungsoo held his hand out, a gesture for my lab coat because this was our routine when leaving the facility. He took care of the gear while I tidied up the work area, placing the samples of evidence in safe compartments and storing the equipment where they belonged. 
I shed my lab coat, along with my goggles, handing them to him. He spoke words that were incoherent to me simply because I couldn't hear them, so they had to be jumbled. 
I exited the building, bidding my good nights, hoping him to rest well then traveled to my car. It was only ours parked next to each other on the empty lot, our reserved parking had to be next to each other. 
 
"I-I...don't know." 
"You know," his eyes locked with mine. "I gave you hints." 
He explained about the time he personally visited me out of work, gifting me with food that was supposed to make someone feel better from a cold, it didn't cure my love sickness. My one-sided love, but if he just confessed, were we a couple now? We can't be, the company-
"You know, we can be together out of work but now, here, we're best friends. It's the same thing." 
"I.. I just don't want to get either of us fired," I muttered. 
He inched closer, closer until he pinned me against my desk. The feeling of the mahogany wood brushing against my fingertips gave me a sense of protection. Him entrapping me cause two emotions to surface, safety and danger. I felt in need assistance, someone to sweep in and rescue me, but the other side of me wanted to bundle in his arms. 
"Why do you deny it?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "You know what you're feeling, you just have to listen to it." 
Listen, what am I thinking? Nothing, nothing at all. My mind was blank, the moment was occurring now, I couldn't seep any thoughts to words. Words in my mind diminished into thin air, how was I suppose to express myself now when he ached for a reply? What else was there to do?
"I don't want to pressure you-"
I gently placed my lips against his, frightened that I would shatter him. His milky, smooth, porcelain skin replaced the polished wood I was previously holding onto. He felt so precious, so delicate, squishy even. I ran my hands on both sides of his arms, searching for the protection he could use to defend the both of us from danger; there were muscles hidden under his shirt. 
I pulled away before we could progress to something greater, I didn't want anything to occur that could ruin our relationship. I wanted to take it slow. 
"I like you too," he butted his forehead to mine. His eyes fluttered open to gaze into mine. "Let's be friends." 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
Okay first off, this song though!! *EARGASM* Their harmonization is igniting mah feels!!!!!!!! OMO I NEED TO CALM... WHAT IS THAT?? Sorry..hehe.. Yeah author-nim is crazy. Well I hoped you enjoyed this little oneshot, it was something I wanted to write in thanks of KyungtaeDO for constructing my poster.. Anyways enough of mah blabbing, annyeong~ ^u^
I'll just leave these here..
Aigooooo what have I told you about being cute? Continuing it! That's right!
 
 
That's me in class when the teacher is calling for an answer.. 
Let me just hide.. 
Don't call me, don't call me. 
 
 
He caused camera malfunctions! 
DAMN!Ohh sorry hehe 
 
PWAHAHAA WTF??? Even Chanyeol is like wth D.O?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHASOPSIO)HF{W)*H{WE*)HGE{*)Y#@_@@GVVIG40f213fv awlsvd;asodgare!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????EEEEEEEEEEEEEEW)JFpiniotgfwreyt0[34867+439474+
6hb4540178n099+
 70
s65tf
 ++W2`590+ 
 
BYE BYE :D 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One more!!!!!!
 
 
I MISS HIS HAIR LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
"Oh no!" My ovaries.. lol just kidding 
 
 
 
Okay I shall leave on this request, please anyone who listens to me haha please check out the song Sadness by M4M!! They are from CUBE Ent. even if you don't like CUBE please check it out!! Really good song! They are originally a Chinese group but they did a Korean version for the song, both are great! Hope you'll like them as much as I do. Now annyeong~
(I love how my A/N is most likely longer than the actual story.. I have no life