end.

Memories

There  he  is,  walking  down  the  hall  with  his  friends  like  Prince  Charming  with  the  other  polo  players.  His  almond-coloured  eyes,  his  fair  skin,  those  cherry-pink  lips,  his  soft  brown  hair  shines  with  some  help  from  the  light  and  his  extremely  unexplainable  beautiful  smile.  How  flawless  does  this  creature  can  be?  I  mean  like  seriously,  I  never  met  a  creature  who’s  more  beautiful  than  him.  He’s  a  lot  more  different  than  before.  I  might  sound  cheesy  but  -  HE’S  PERFECT! 

My  heart  skips  a  beat  every time  I  see  him.  No  wonder  those  girls  fall  head  over  heels  for  him  easily.  If  I  were  him,  flirting  would  be  a  piece  of  cake.  What  I  need  to  do  is  walk  pass  by  some  random  ladies  and  say  ‘hey’  at  them  or  maybe  wink  at  them.  I  guess  a  smile  is  already  enough  to  make  them  melt  like  ice-cream  under  the  Sun.  Well,  that  will  only  happen  if  I  were  born  as  a  good-looking  boy  because  I  came  to the  Earth  as  a  girl.  What  a  sad  life.  Being  a  girl  is  too  hard  for  me.  Reality  is  cruel  but  I  have  learned  to  endure  it.

I  snapped  out  of  my  thoughts  when  I  heard  a  girly  and  not  too  husky  voice  calling  out  my  name.  The  voice  is  quite  familiar  to  me.

“Priscilla?  Hey  Priscilla?”  the  one  and  only  girl  who  was  known  as  the  School  Princess, Tiffany,  said.  She  got  the  School  Princess  title  because  of  her  pretty  face  and  she  is  the  ‘Prom  Queen’  and  ‘School  Top  Model’  all-time  champion.  “Priscilla!”  she  calls  me  but  with  a  louder  voice.

“What?”  I  asked  her  with  an  annoyed  tone.  This  immature  princess  never  stop  giving  me  loads  and  tons  of  trouble.  She  needs  to  grow  up.  I  wonder  how  will  she  survive  in  the  future  after  graduating.  Obviously,  teenagers  these  days  are  so  lazy  and  immature.  Their  parents  should  teach  them  not  to  rely  on  anyone  and  be  independent. 

“My  English  assignment.  Have  you  done  it?  Have  you?”  Without  any  words  and  hesitation,  I  pulled  out  her  assignment  and  hand  it  to  her.  I  noticed  that  she  smirked  evilly  meanwhile  both  of  her  best  friends  or  should  I  say  loyal  followers  Victoria  and  Jessica  who’s  standing  behind  her  snickered  at  me.  Even  if  I’m  tired  with  this  kind  of  situation,  it  always  happen.  That  is  why  I’m  quite  used  to  it. 

Being  bullied  by  the  bullies  during  high  school  years  is  one  of  life  cycle  not  only  for  nerds  but  also  for  geniuses  with  glasses  including  me.  The  main  thing  is  they  should  not  underestimate  people  like  us  because  one  day  some  of  us  might  make  them  amazed.  They  haven’t  seen  my  natural  beauty  behind  these  glasses  but  at  least  I’m  humble.  Not  like  them,  beauty  on  the  outside  but  ugly  inside.  The  beauty  on  the  outside  is  basically  because  of  makeups. 

“That’s  it?”  I  asked  them,  giving  them  a  chance  to  ask  me  anything  before  I  leave.  “I’m  leaving  now,”  I  closed  my  locker,  since  there’s  no  response.  As  I  was  about  to  walk  away  from  them,  Tiffany  pulled  me  on  my  arm  just  to  stop  me.  Seems  like  she  wants  to  tell  something.  “Yes?  Is  there  anything  you  want  from  me?”

“Since  you’ve  been  a  kind  and  loyal  servant  this  past  few  months…”  I  rolled  my  eyes  when  she  said  the  word  ‘servant’.  Can’t  she  just  go  straight  to  the  point  and  stop  wasting  my  time.  “I  feel  grateful  to  find  someone  like  you.  So,  I’ve  decided  to  give  some  rewards  to  you,”  she  says,  sounding  like  a  boss. 

Finally,  a  reward.  I’ve  been  waiting  for  a  reward.  This  is  it.  “What  kind  of  reward  is  it?”  I  asked  her  in  a  calm  voice.

“This  is  our  senior  year  right?  And  we’ll  be  graduating  in  the  end  of  November,”  I  nodded  my  head  as  a  sign  that  I’m  waiting  her  to  continue.  “October  is  coming  to  an  end  and  we  only  have  a  month  left.  I’m  asking  you  if  you  want  to  join  the  school  prom  tomorrow  night.  If  you’re  going,  I’ll  give  you  some  money  for  you  to  buy  a  dress.”

Is  she  serious?  Letting  me  joining  the  prom  night?  Wow.  I  didn’t  see  that  coming. “Are  you  sure?”  I  doubt  her.

“Well,  as  what  I  heard  from  the  others,  they  said  you  never  joined  any  single  school  reunions  since  kid,”  she  stated  and  starts  to  laugh.  Victoria  and  Jessica  joined  her  laughing  at  me.  It  did  hurt  my  feelings  a  little  but  I  won’t  let  down  my  pride.  I  kept  on  my  poker  face. 

“You’re  done?”  I  asked  her  in  a  monotone.  She  should  give  me  the   money  because  I’ve  done  a  lot  for  her.

She  stopped  laughing.  Her  cheeks  are  slightly  red  because  of  it.  She  skipped  my  question  and  said  “anyways,  here’s  some  money.”  She  took  out  some  cash  from  her  pink  wallet  and  hand  it  to  me.  I  took  the  money  and  thanked  her.  This  time,  she  was  about  to  leave  with  her  friends  when  she  suddenly  stop  in  her  tracks  and  turned  back  at  me.  She  told  me  something  which  is  a  warning.  “By  the  way,  Chanyeol  is  mine.  So,   stop  checking  him  out.  I’m  watching  you,”  she  warns  me  with  a  harsh  tone  and  glares  at  me  before  leaving  me  alone.

I  am  reading  my  favourite  novel,  Percy  Jackson  but  something  bothered  me.  ‘By  the  way,  Chanyeol  is  mine.  So,  stop  checking  him  out.  I’m  watching  you.’  Those  words  keeps  on  replaying  in  my  mind.  Who  the  heck  does  she  think  she  is?  She’s  not  Chanyeol’s  girlfriend  or  Chanyeol’s  friend.  She  don’t  even  know  a  thing  about  him.  Yes,  the  boy  that  I’ve  mentioned  since  just  now  is  the  apple  of  my  eye,  Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.  I  liked  him  since  we’re  kids.  He  was  my  childhood  friend.  Believe  it  or  not,  I  saved  him  from  being  bullied  once.  Here’s  how  our  story  goes.

Our  first  met  was  on  13th  April  1995  at  the  playground.  Both  of  us  aged  five  years  old  that  time.  My  parents  brought  me  to  the  nearest  playground  in  our  neighborhood.  I  was  about  to  play  the  swing  when  I  heard  a  cry  mixed  with  laughter  came  from  a  tree.  Obviously  it’s  not  the  tree  crying  and  laughing  but  the  person  behind  the  tree.  I  was  so  curious  that  I  even  went  to  check  out  what’s  happening.  That  is  when  I  saw  two  giant  and  scary  boys  and  a  cute  little  boy.  The  cute  boy  who  was  crying  is  Chanyeol.  He  got  bullied  by  those  giants  and  they  were  laughing  at  him.  One  of  them  have  his  tricycle  next  to  them.  I  felt  pity  for  him  and  screamed  at  them  to  stop.  I  didn’t  feel  scared  at  all.  I  chased  off  those  bullies  by  shooting  them  with  my  slingshot. 

I  helped  him  to  clean  his  wound  and  bought  ice-creams  for  both  of  us.  He  ate  the  strawberry  flavoured  meanwhile  I  ate  the  vanilla  flavoured.  When  we  were  savoring  our  ice-creams,  a  woman  in  her  30’s  was  searching  for  someone.  It’s  his  mother.  He  ran  towards  his  mom  with  the  ice-cream  still  in  his  hand.  His  mom  was  relived  when  she  found  out  that  Chanyeol  was  fine.  Chanyeol  told  everything  to  his  mom  about  what  happened  to  him  and  claims  me  as  his  heroin.

20th  April  1995,  exactly  a  week  after  the  incident  I  met  him  again  in  my  school.  We  entered  the  same  kindergarten  and  learned  in  the  same  class.  He  sat  next  to  me  in  class.  Both  of  us  were  surprised  when  we  knew  that  we’re  in  the  same  class  but  we  ended  up  introducing  ourselves  to  each  other.

“Hello,  my  name  is  Priscilla,”  I  introduced  myself.

“Hello  Priscilla.  I’m  Chanyeol.”

“Nice  to  meet  you  again.”

“Nice  to  meet  you  too,  my  hero!”  He  said  and  smiled  widely.  And  that’s  when  our  friendship  starts.  We’ve  became  best  friends  since  then.

Years  passes  by  and  the  bond  of  our  friendship  gets  stronger  and  I’ve  started  to  fall  for  him.  We’ve  been  studying  in  the  same  school  since  these  past  few  years.  I  thought  that  we  will  be  together  until  we  graduate  school  but  unfortunately  the  tables  were  turned.  My  father  told  me  that  we’re  moving  to  London  next  Wednesday. 

27th  November  2004.  It’s  the  day  I’m  leaving  my  best  friend  in  New  York.  He  came  to  the  airport  to  say  farewell.  I  told  him  about  me  moving  to  London  and  he  was  sad  but  still  looking  calm.

Both  of  us  talked  to  each  other  for  a  while  until  it’s  time  for  me  to  leave.  “So,  when  will  you  come  back  here?”  He  asked  me. 

“I  don’t  know  about  that.”

“Oh  okay,”  he  lowered  his  voice.

“By  the  way,  tell  me  if  you’re  coming  to  London,”  I  said  to  him  while  I  held  out  my  hand.  He  nods  his  head  and  shook  my  hand.  “Bye.  Don’t  forget  about  me,”  I  waved  at  him  while  entering  the  departing  station.  “I’ll  miss  you !”  I  said  out  aloud.

“I  will  not  forget  about  you  and  I’ll  miss  you  too!”  He  waved  back  at  me.  And  that  was  our  last  memory  together.

Well,  back  to  the  reality.  There’s  someone  tapping  my  shoulder.  I  snapped  out  of  my  thoughts  and  turned  my  head  to  the  person  who  is  still  tapping  my  shoulder.   “Hey,  Priscilla.  Are  you  okay?”  Grace,  my  one  and  only  friend  in  this  school  asked  me.  I  nodded  my  head  and  asked  her  why.  She  told  me  that  I’ve  been  staring  at  the  same  page  for  almost  an  hour  now.  Wow,  the  same  page  for  almost  an  hour?  I  must  have  been  remembering  all  of  my  memories.  I  noticed  that  Grace  is  watching  me  and  waiting  for  me  to  answer  her.  She’s  worried  about  me.

“Don’t  worry.  I  always  daydream,”  I  reassured  her.  She  looked  at  me  for  a  minute.

“Okay…”  she  says.  “By  the  way,  are  you  joining  the  school  prom  tomorrow  night?”  She  changed  the  topic.  I’ve  decided  to  join  it  since  I’m  graduating  this  year.  So,  I  told  her  that  I’m  joining. “Really?  Good  for  you  then.  Let’s  go  shopping  for  our  dresses  later,”  she  says  happily.

“Okay  then.  I’ll  meet  you  after  school,”  I  said.  She  nods  her  head  and  both  of  us  left.

The  last  bell  rings  and  every  single  student  walks  out  of  the  school.  Grace  and  me  met  up  at  the  parking  lot.  She  took  out  her  car  key  and  turned  on  the  engine.  Then,  she  drove  us  to  the  nearest  mall  to  search  for  our  dresses.  I  don’t  really  have  a  good  fashion  sense  but  I  managed  to  get  a  dress  for  myself.  Mine  was  a  soft  pink  dress  with  a  large  bowtie  at  the  back  meanwhile  Grace  got  herself  a  long  silky  red  dress  which  shows  out  her  body  shape.  All  thanks  to  Grace  because  she’s  good  at  modeling  and  styling.

After  we  bought  our  dress,  Grace  drove  me  home.  When  we’re  on  our  way  to  my  house,  I  ask  Grace  why  do  people  like  prom  so  much  and  this  is  what  she  says.

“Well,  for  your  information,  people  likes  prom  because  it  is  the  only  night  where  we  can  gather  up  at  a  place  and  have  fun.  This  only  happens  once  a  year.  Besides,  we  also  can  make  new  friends  and  hang  out  together.  Some  of  the  girls  join  prom  just  to  meet  their  boyfriends  or  the  person  they  like.”

“Oh. Is  that  why  you  like  prom  so  much?”  I  questioned  her  again.

“No.  I  like  prom  because  I  love  dancing.  And  the  best  thing  about  prom  is  we  can  dance  all  night,”  she  explains. 

Grace  dropped  me  in  front  of  my  house.  I  thanked  her  and  bid  her  goodbye  before  entering  the  house.  I  cleaned  myself  before  going  to  bed.  “I  hope  that  everything  goes  smoothly  tomorrow,”  I  mumbled  to  myself  before  entering  my  dreamland. 

 

I  bring  my  dress  that  I’ve  bought  last  night  with  me  to  school.  I  meet  Grace  at  the  parking  lot  and  she  told  me  to  leave  my  dress  in  her  car  since  both  of  us  planned  to  get  ready  for  the  prom  tonight  at  her  house.

School  went  as  usual.  The  hot  topic  for  today  is  about  the  school  prom.  Most  of  the  boys  asked  the  girls  to  be  their  prom  date.  The  top  two  person  who  gets  a  lot  of  requests  to  be  their  date  for  tonight  are  Chanyeol  and  Tiffany.  Of  course  they  get  a  lot  of  requests.  They’re  famous  obviously.  I  don’t  care  joining  prom  without  a  date  because  I  have  my  friend,  Grace. 

Time  flies  and  it’s  already  evening.  School  ended  and  Grace  and  I  went  back  straight  to  her  place.  Both  of  us  clean  up  ourselves  and  wear  our  dresses.  I  came  out  from  Grace’s  closet  and  saw  her  waiting  for  me  in  her  red  dress.  “Oh  my  goodness,”  I  gasped.  She  was  so  stunning  in  that  dress.  She  turned  her  head  towards  my  direction  and  my  jaw  dropped.  I  wipe  my  glasses  and  put  it  back  on.  She  was  still  gorgeous.  “Wow.”  Grace  giggled  at  the  way  I  looked  her.

“Oh  Priscilla.  Stop  looking  at  me  like  that  and  come  here,”  she  called  me.  I  straightened  myself  and  went  towards  her.  She  already  had  her  makeup  on  and  her  hair  all  set  up  meanwhile  I  haven’t  put  on  anything  yet  except  wearing  my  dress.  “Now  it’s  your  turn.”  I  was  about  to  talk  but  Grace  cut  me  off  by  making  me  sit  in  front  of  her  dressing  table.  “It’s  makeover  time!”  Grace  said  happily  while  pulling  out  her  makeups.  “Let  me  take  this  off,”  she  pulled  my  glasses  of  and  put  it  on  the  table.

“But..” 

“No  buts.  Now  I  want  you  to  close  eyes,”  she  commands.

“Okay..”  I  sighed  and  obeys  her  command.

Her  hands  then  got  busy  setting  my  hair  and  applying  makeups  on  my  face.  My  mind  was  busy  wondering  how  do  I  look  after  I  opened  my  eyes  until  Grace’s  voice  distract  my  thoughts.  “Done!”  she  says.  She  sounded  satisfied  by  her  masterpiece  that  she  had  done  to  me.  I  slowly  open  my  eyes  and  hoping  that  I  don’t  look  ridiculous.  I  look  at  myself  through  the  mirror  and  I  was  literally  speechless.  The  light  makeup  really  matched  with  my  dress and  my  hair  was  wavy  at  the  end.  Overall,  I  look  beautiful.

“I  knew  you  would  like  it,”  Grace  says.

“I’m  speechless,”  I  told  her.

“You’re  gorgeous,  honey,” 

“Thank  you,”  I  hugged  her.

“It’s  not  a  big  deal.  Makeover  is  just  a  piece  of  cake  for  me.  Now,  let’s  go  and  make  people’s  jaws  drop  to  the  Priscilla  that  they  always  bully,”  she  encourages  me.  I  nodded  my  head  and  both  of  us  are  on  our  way  to  school.

We  arrived  at  the  school  and  Grace  entered  the  school  hall,  where  the  prom  night  is  held,  first.  I  feel  weird  appearing  in  front  of  the  crowd  in  this  kind  of  look  but  then  I  saw  Tiffany  enters  the  hall  looking  pretty  as  usual.  As  Tiffany  enters  the  hall,  the  crowd  went  wild.  I  took  the  courage  to  enter  the  hall  after  Tiffany  and  when  I  entered  the  hall,  the  wild  crowd  went  quiet  and  all  eyes  were  on  me.  My  eyes  scanned  the  hall  for  Grace  but  my  eyes  stopped  at  a  person  who’s  staring  at  me.  Chanyeol.  I  looked  away  and  leave  the  crowd.  The  crowd  went  noisy  as  usual  after  I  leave  them.  Luckily,  I  saw  Grace  sitting  while  her  hands  are  tapping  the  table.  I  went  towards  her  and  sit  next  to  her.  We  talk  about  unimportant  stuff  and  eat  some  snacks  to  avoid  us  from  getting  bored.

The  night  went  normal  until  there’s  an  announcement  that  the  dance  party  is  about  to  start.  Everyone  who’s  joining  the  dance  are  now  with  their  own  partner.  I  looked  at  Grace  who’s  standing  in  front  of  me.

“Are  you  going  to  dance  alone?”  I  asked  her.  She  gave  me  a  what-do-you-think  look.  I  was  about  to  ask  her  again  when  a  tall  handsome  guy  suddenly  appeared  and  held  his  hand  out  for  Grace.  Without  Grace  questioning  him,  she  smiled  and  gladly  took  his  hand  and  both  of  them  went  to  the  center  of  the  hall  joining  the  others.  A  few  minutes  later,  they  played  the  music  and  people  start  to  dance.

 

I’m  watching  them  dance  along  with  the  music  gracefully  to  entertain  myself.  As  I  was  watching  them,  I  realized  that  there’s  two  familiar  faces  missing.  Chanyeol  and  Tiffany.  Shouldn’t  both  of  them  dance?  That’s  odd.  I  shook  those  thought  off  when  the  song  changed  and  it  was  my  favourite  song.  I  hummed  along  the  song  until  someone  asked  me  “would  you  like  to  be  my  dance  partner?”  The  owner  of  this  voice  made  me  stop  humming.  It  belongs  to  someone  that  I  know.  I  turned  around  and  saw  someone  that  I  didn’t  expect  to  greet  me  after  a  long  time.

“Would  you  like  to  be  my  dance  partner?”  Chanyeol  asked  me  once  again.

“Sure..”  I  sounded  awkward.

“Let’s  go  then,”  he  grabbed  my  hand  and  pulled  me  to  the  dance  centre.  Both  of  us  dance  along  the  music.  I  feel  so  awkward  that  I  won’t  look  him  in  the  eye.  “Why  are  you  so  quiet  with  me?”  He  broke  the  silence.  I  just  shook  my  head.  “Hey,  Priscilla.  Look  at  me.”  He  just  said  my  name.  I  looked  up  at  him.

“How  do  you  know  my  name?”  I  asked  him  just  to  make  sure  if  he  remembers  me.

“You introduced  yourself  to  me  remember?”

“When  did  I  introduced  myself?”

“When  we’re  five  in  the  same  kindergarten.”

“Oh.  I  thought  that  you  have  forgotten  about  me,”  I  said  sarcastically.

“I  promised  that  I  won’t  forget  about  you  because  you’re  hard  to  be  erase  from  my  memories,”  he  says  and  winked  at  me.  I  blushed  and  slapped  his  chest.  He  winced  because  of  the  pain  and  pouted  at  me.  I  rolled  my  eyes  at  him  and  continued  dancing.  And  that’s  how  our  story  continues.

"By the way, you look drop dead gorgeous tonight like a goddess."

"WHAT-"

 


The end. Did u enjoy it? Even if its lame, i would like to thank you for reading it. 

Yo @prsclla yo yo man~