Crummy

Alphabet

Crum·my

adjective \ˈkrə-mē\

: not pleasant, not of good quality, not well or happy


 

In the middle of a usual heavy traffic, there are three girls sit inside a taxi; while the two girls enthusiastically chat with each other, the remaining girl who sits beside the driver silently trying to control her emotion. It seems that she actually doesn’t want to go with them.

“Hayoung-ah, it’s our last opportunity to get close to our 3rd grade seniors. After tonight, there are no more hot seniors again, the 2nd grade and our grade lack of hot and good-looking boys, though.” Haeri tries to motivate Hayoung’s mood by explaining her real aim; to get a boyfriend in their 3rd grade senior graduation party. Oh.

 

 

Arriving at the venue, two Hayoung’s friends happily run to their friends while their eyes wildly wandering around to search their prey. Hayoung only sigh and shake her head, feeling ashamed by her friends’ behavior.

“Hayoung-ah!” a sound calls Hayoung and immediately she turns around to find the source of the sound.

A cute girl with wide smile all over her face enthusiastically waves her hand towards Hayoung, beside her, a handsome boy looks at Hayoung’s direction with no expression at all.

Afterwards, Hayoung runs to them and greets, “Daeun-unni, you looks pretty! Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Sehun-sunbaenim.”

The boy only nods his head and then looking at other direction; trying to hides his burning cheeks. Daeun tries to control her laughter, she can’t believe that her best friend still doesn’t have any courage to talk to his crush—or we can call her, Oh Hayoung.

“Thanks Hayoung-ah. You match well with this dress, so cute! Anyway, you debuted way before Sehun, why you call him sunbaenim, though?” Daeun smirks towards Sehun, trying to makes a little prank for him.

“Aah, we are in school, unni. He is my senior in school, so i should call him sunbaenim. Right, sunbae?” Hayoung smiles to Sehun and it makes him startled.

“Oh, y-yes. You’re right.” He stutters and then nervously rubs the back of his neck.

Daeun tries hardly once again to hide her laughter, “so, outside school, you would call her oppa or ahjussi?”

Hayoung startled, “of course not! I would call him sunbae too, unni!”

Meanwhile, Sehun glares at Daeun which means “do you want to die?”. Finally, Daeun be able to let out her laughter, “I will go to meet my friends, you guys stay here, I’ll be back.” She waves her hands to Hayoung and smirks at Sehun. He can hear Daeun mutters something like “do well” and “have fun” to him. Sehun only sigh, he really doesn’t know what will he do, here—with Hayoung, only two of them.

“B-but unni!” Daeun shakes her head and then walks towards her friends, without turning back to Hayoung and Sehun’s direction. “You better do something, Oh Sehun.” She thought.

 

 

“Actually, I don’t want to come to this party.” Hayoung leads the conversation after they find some empty chairs near them.

Sehun relieves that she opens the conversation, now he can easily follow the flow, “me too, my hyungs force me to come, and they even dressed me. Urgh.”

Hayoung laughs, and for Oh Sehun, it’s the most beautiful thing he ever seen. He gulps his saliva while pretends to look at the stage.

“We are same sunbae! My unnies even dressed me, and do the make-up. If i wasn’t running from them, my make-up may turn into a bride.” Hayoung excitedly explain her story, while for the first time, Sehun tenderly let out his laughter.

“You look so beautiful with this dress, so elegant.” Sehun mumbles the sentence, so she can’t hear that. However, that sentence is loud enough in Hayoung’s ear.

Unexpectedly, Hayoung blush over Sehun’s compliment. She brings her hand to cover her red cheek. Sehun smiles proudly, making her blushing is the most proper thing he has done.

He stands and places his right hand in front of her, “would you be my dance partner, Oh Hayoung?” He says with full of confident. Nothing to worry.

Hayoung smile, then she takes Sehun’s hand, “with my pleasure.”

That scene makes three people squealing so hard. Two Hayoung’s friends show their jealousy, because no boys ask them yet, but at the same time, they feel pleasant for their friend, also proud that their compulsion to Hayoung to come to the party isn’t meaningless. When they have eye contact with Hayoung, they will stick out their tongue and do the “fighting” gesture. Another person—Daeun feels so relieve to know that her best friend finally make a move towards his crush. She will smirk and wink all the time they have eye contact. Meanwhile, Sehun definitely ignore her. He is busy, busy enjoying his moment with Hayoung.

“You know, you shouldn’t call me sunbae.” Sehun says in the middle of their silence, only the beautiful song can be heard and their footsteps against the dance floor.

Hayoung frown her eyebrow while looking at Sehun’s eyes, her heart beats very fast, “so...?”

“Call me oppa.” He smiles, looking at her tenderly.

 

They thought the same thing, “It’s not that crummy coming to a party”

 

a/n: awful story, and...was it a drabble? :!