Chapter 00 - Prologue

possession

Prologue

 

Anseong, South Korea

November 1999

 

  The Hallways of Hankyong high were dark, even in the daytime.

  At night, it was like graveyards.

  The darkness created shelter for the two dark shadows that hurried along the hallway, the taller shadow leading the way down the never-ending corridor to the last room in the path– The science lab, it was abandoned for quite a while now – to be honest, this whole teaching block was abandoned since the new one was built.

  “ There we are ” the taller figure said in his deep, hoarse voice.

  “ Kris, are you sure its safe for us to be here? ” a petit sized, bright looking girl whom followed him in asked with a worried expression.

  “ I have been hanging around here since the first day of this school year, ” he gave her an impish shrug and continued, “ So I guess it is? ” He held the door open for her as the two of them entered the room “ Here, follow me. ” he held on to her hand, carefully seeking if there are any unpleasantness in her emotion as he gingerly laces his fingers with hers while bringing her to the balcony right across the lab.

  “ Here ” Kris carefully sat the girl down where they can perfectly look at the night sky.

  A kiss of true love can break every spell-

  Not.

  How would Kris ever forget the smile on her face as she said yes to his confession? How would Kris ever forget the small body resting in his arms for one cold night? How would he ever forget how bright the star shines above them? How would he forget the warmth she gave him in the coldest weather, and how would he ever forget… the sound that woke him from the sweet sleep – the sound of wreaking ball hitting the old school building.

 

Seoul, South Korea

Present Day

 

 A soft breeze of wind creped his way in the tallest residential building in Seoul, only to residue a vestige by the insignificant flicker on the curtain, which just in time, covered a slender figure whom stood right beside the window still. The delicate figure stood there in the darkness, his facial expressions was disguised by the sudden block of the lone stream of light from the moon

  The Full Moon.

It was just like any normal Friday night to the other citizens of Seoul, but not to him.

The man stood there like a statue, his dark orbs pinned on a figure lying on the ground floor of the apartment. A figure. Which you could picture as what is left of a woman, lies there peacefully like a broken doll.

Arms twitching in an awkward direction.

Blood streaming out of her beautiful body.

Tick.

Tock

Tick.

Time to say goodbye, my dear.

A tear dripped down his face, which then merged with the pond of crimson.

“Yura...” an almost silent tone slipped out of his lips like air.

Liar.

You broke your promise.

The iris of the slender figure gleamed dully in the dark as he walked towards the direction of the forest near to the apartment tower.

Freak.

You will remain forever as the ugly duckling.