Final

why won't you talk to me?
Please log in to read the full chapter

- 1 -

 

Gong Chan sat quietly in the middle of the long green carpet in front of the door, waiting for Jin Young to come back. He always waited for him to return, yet he would fall asleep while waiting. He sat there looking straight at the door knob, waiting for a slight movement or sound of keys coming at the other side of the door. It was already past midnight when Gong Chan finally gave up and fell asleep in front of the door.

When he woke up, he was already in bed. The sun was shining and he felt refreshed. There was no sign of Jin Young, but he knew he had come back and put him in bed. It was about 9 o’ clock when this happened, and he carefully sat up and looked out the window. On the windowsill, there was a small picture frame of them; the picture was taken on their first date that was nearly 4 years ago. He got up and walked towards the window so he could pick it up.

He carefully passed his long thin fingers across the picture, right were Jin Young was. He sighed as he placed the picture back to where it was, and walked towards the bathroom. He supposed that Jin Young took a shower in the morning before leaving, since his towel was still on the floor. He picked it up and put it in the dryer, it was still wet. He washed his face, picked some clothes, and got dressed. He silently walked to the kitchen and made breakfast. The kitchen was still clean, since they had the fight; Jin Young never ate at home. Gongchan sat at the table, after bringing out the cereal and milk, and ate.

Both Jin Young and Gong Chan worked, but the latter worked at home. Jin Young would work from 7:00 to 5:00, but he arrived home after 3:00 am, at least this is what Gong Chan thought. He supposed that he didn’t want to spend time with him anymore, but still he wasn’t willing to let him go.

After a while, Gong Chan finished his breakfast and washed the dishes. He walked to the living room and took a seat at the big white sofa because today he didn’t feel like working. He decided to watch some television to clear his mind. He picked up the remote and turned the TV on. He flipped through a few channels but nothing pleased him and at the end, since there was nothing to watch he decided to watch a horror film.

He carefully looked at each movement the characters made, while he hugged the pillow he had made for Jin Young. He had printed Jin Young’s name on it but he didn’t like it, so Gong Chan decided to keep it and he hugged it when he was alone. One day he sprayed it with Jin Young’s perfume and he smelled the pillow ever since, it reminded him of the times Jin Young would cuddle up with him on the couch, while watching a movie. He remembered those times and it made him feel nostalgic so he turned off the TV. He didn’t like those memories. Jin Young didn’t want to be with him anymore.

After a few minutes of staring at his reflection through the TV, someone knocked at the door. He lazily got up and opened it. It was Sandeul and Baro, the neighbors from 214. They called themselves his friends, he supposed it was because of the few times they went to the movies or went out to eat. Still, this didn’t bother him. He gladly greeted them and invited them to come in.

They came in and took a seat in the living room, Sandeul and Baro sitting together on the large white couch, while Gong Chan took a seat at the smaller one. He got up and snatched the pillow from them since they were fooling around with it, and returned to his seat. He hugged the pillow and smelled it again.

"How have you been?" Sandeul said, while trying to face him, because Baro was busy poking his face.

"I’ve been okay and Jin Young is at work, he hasn’t changed." He said while smiling at the two, which were now arguing in silence.

"That’s good." Sandeul said and sighed, after he scolded Baro. "But why don’t you forget about Jin Young?" He still couldn’t get why the other didn’t accept the truth, so he decided to break it slowly.

"He loves me and I love him too." He said now in a more serious tone. He was starting to get mad at

Please log in to read the full chapter