Star Stories

Star Stories - Sungjae

Dim lighting happily set the mood, white table cloths fashionably draped over the tables, simple centerpieces frozen in the middle of the table while the crystal wine glasses in everyone’s hands diffracted the soft light. Yet with all of the elegance and everyone dressed in black and white, you couldn’t help but feel a little lonely.

Crossing your legs at the knee, the slit on your black dress happily opened as your legs became exposed while the smokey floor happily spread around your ankles. Playing with the glass in your hands, you sighed for the hundredth time that night. Listening in to the foreign language of Korean, you thought it was beautiful but you couldn’t understand it.

Gently running your fingers through your hair, your hands gently rested in your lap while you looked around the room at all of the bands that were there for the Music Awards. Now, at the after show party, you just felt lonely, also an outsider.

Sipping the sparkling water in your glass, you watched everyone socialize and enjoy themselves, a sad smile came onto your face as you rose from your seat. Steadying yourself on your heels, you walked over to the large windows and pushed one of the glass doors open that lead to the balcony.

Clicking of your heels against the deck warded away other couples as they went back inside to get some more drinks, leaving you alone once more. Making your way over to the railing, your hands gently lifted while your fingers drew on the cool metal.

You think I would have better people skills since I am an American Celebrity." You mumbled to yourself with a quiet voice, popping out one of your hips, you let one of your feet rest as you closed your eyes.

Feeling the cold night air around you, strangely it comforted you, looking up at the night sky in the distance, you thought what you would be doing back home, what time it would be there and how much you missed everything.

Sungjae looked over his shoulder as he was filling up ’s glasses with sparkling water, seeing this beautiful maiden, leaning against the railing while her hair gently caught the nightly breeze, her black dress hugging in all the right places and showing just enough skin to be beautiful. Taking the glasses back to s, he peers out of the glass walls and watches the black dress gently brush against your legs.

"I’ll be back guys." With a nod from s, he keeps his eyes on you while he made his way over to the door. Being cautious, he stops at the doorway as he gets a little shy. Raising his hand to fix his hair, he straightened his tie too as he took in a deep breath, holding it between his cheeks, he let it out slowly.

Why did I even come here?” You whispered another phrase to yourself in Japanese as Sungjae’s head slowly tilted to one side.

"She speaks Japanese" He whispered under his breath while a big smile pulled on the side of his lips, revealing his pearly white teeth.

Taking a few small steps towards you, he cleared his throat loud enough to capture your attention, not wanting to do anything too sudden to scare you.

Hearing someone behind you, you looked over your shoulder at this young man, Beautifully dressed in a black suit and tie, with a white button up underneath.

Hi" He smiled as he rose his hand and softly waved to you, "My name is Sungjae, what’s yours?

H-Hi, I’m ________" You turned your body to face him as he smiled brighter.

You speak really good Japanese" Sungjae replied a little surprised

Thank you, I learned from my Step Uncle." Your lips started to curve into a smile.

I have to thank your step Uncle one day" He smiled taking another few steps towards you. Breathing in the nice evening air, he leaned against the railing with you.

Beautiful evening, isn’t it?" He remarked as his gentle fingers moved across the cool metal.

It is, although I wish I was back home.” You sadly sighed once more.

Why? There is a lot of fun things you still have to do.” Sungjae tried to tell you with a smile.

I just don’t understand Korean very well and everyone here has their own friends" Your voice started to drop off as Sungjae nodded.

Don’t worry, I am sure they are just shy or stuck up and don’t want to meet any beautiful foreigners, like you." He smiled once more at you, his eyes curving into a beautiful crescent shape. Getting you to blush, you looked down and smiled while trying to hold your composure.

The space between the two of you started to become awkward, placing your hands on top of each other, you looked out at the gentle water that flowed over the beautiful sculpture of the water feature.

I saw you on the stage and I thought you did a really good job" You shyly told him.

I thought that you were really good too" He admitted with a shy smile

Thank you" You stole a few glances at him while his thumb ring gently tapped on the railing that his hand was wrapped around.

Feeling another awkward silence Sungjae turned and looked at you, but instead of turning away, your eyes looked up at his.

D-Do you want to go and leave this Black and White party?” Sungjae offered, stuttering a little.

I’d love to" You nodded your head happily. Both of you headed down the iron stairs, following the concrete path he opened the back gate to you with a smile, stepping outside of the gate and into the streets.

Walking in the direction of your hotel, he followed beside you while the clicking of your heels against the concrete filled the quiet night air.

So what do you like to do?" Sungjae asked quietly, glancing at you once more

A lot of things, but I like being myself the most." You smiled at your cheeky answer as you heard his adorable laugh.

That is one answer that I haven’t heard in a long time.” He smiles and glances at you once more. “Do you like the stars?”

They are really pretty. I like to watch them on the roof of my house back in America, just watch them for hours." You say dreamily as you tilt your head back looking up at the beautiful stars over head.

You must miss your home up there in the stars" Sungjae cheekily told you.

What do you mean?" You turned and looked at him slightly confused.

I mean, you are like an angel so your home is up in the sky…. never mind” He tried to cover up his compliment, while he bit his lip and thoroughly blushed.

You are just so cheesy" You laughed nudging his shoulder with your own.

Back to stars…. do you know any constellations?” He changed subjects, being embarrassed, yet slightly curious, wanting to know more about you.

I know a few stories too" You smile as he jumped beside you

Please tell me!" He begged cutely.

Telling him many of the stories that you knew from heart, you happily pointed up to the sky where you saw them. Being a good listener he tried to make up his own stories for you, making you laugh and forget about the troubling night before, you were laughing and smiling more than you have been on this whole trip.

Although all good things have to come to an end, but this one came way too soon. Standing at the front doors of your hotel, you stood in front of him as you looked down at your hands.

I had a really fun night tonight, thank you" You sincerely told him.

I had a lot of fun tonight too, m-maybe I could get your number and we can talk sometime?” Sungjae asked shyly.

That would be great!" Smiling at his request, both of you happily exchanged phones, putting in your contact information before trading back phones.

Talk to you later then _________” Sungjae bowed to you with a bright smile on his face.

Talk to you later Sungjae!” You waved to him before going inside your hotel.

Watching you fade from his sight, he smiled to himself. Looking down at the number that was now in his phone, he slid the small phone into his pocket, slowly making his way back to the party. Thinking about the wonderful night that he had with you, he pulled out his phone and sent you the first message between you.

Goodnight and sweet dreams~