1

My Bright Light

Today has been the worst day of my life. I woke up late, I got fired from my internship after forgetting my presentation and losing a big contract, and now I am walking home in the rain without and umbrella. I am soaked with both rain and tears. I walk down the sidewalk with tears still streaming from my eyes, not caring that I probably look like a clown from a horror film now that my make up is ruined. People are staring at me but I don't care, not today. Suddenly, I run into someone. As if today wasn't bad enough already, now somebody has the nerve to stand in my way? 

"Get out of my way!" I shout at the person without even looking up. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" The guy said as I push past him. Them, the irritating guy grabs my wrist, stopping me in my place. Who does he think he is?

"Woah, are you okay?"

"I'm fine" I say forcing myself out of his grasp.

"No, please let me give you a ride home. You will get sick if you continue to walk in the cold rain." He said sounding concerned. 

I look up at him.

"You seriously expect me to get in your car with you, a complete stranger?"

"Actually, I am taking a taxi"

"Oh." I said looking at the taxi waiting behind him. 

"Come on" he said pulling me into the cab with him. The cab is warm and dry. This is the only thing nice that has happened to me all day and I am actually thankful for the annoying guy who dragged me in here. I look at him for the first time and I notice he is actually very cute.

"My name is Malia"

"Hello, my name is Chanyeol!" He said with a smile. He then pulled a tissue out of his pocket and began to wipe my tears and my smeared make up off of my face. Why is this stranger doing this for me? 

"There, now the world can properly see your pretty face!" He chimed when he was finished. 

"Oh, uh. Thank you." Was the only response I could get out of my mouth. 

"Hey, can I ask you a favor?" He asked.

"Sure" after the kindness he has shown to me, how could I say no to his favor? 

"I have to go to this party at my company. It is a formal event and if you would go with me I would pay for everything,

It wouldn't cost you a thing. Will you accompany me as my date?" He looked at me sincerely, as if he was asking me out after knowing me his whole life. 

"Yes" I replied and a big smile spread across his face. 

"It is tomorrow night, but I will pick you up at 2pm to take you shopping! See you then!" I haven't even noticed that the cab had stopped in front of my house.

"See you tomorrow" I said and then left the cab. 

 

---


I am wearing my favorite dress and heels for my shopping day with Chanyeol! If he thought I was pretty when I was a mess yesterday then he will think I am a goddess today! I look in the mirror at the big smile on my face; anyone who saw me right now would never believe I was fired yesterday. I look way too happy for anyone to believe that I was depressed yesterday! But thanks to Chanyeol, I am practically glowing! I don't even know this guy but just the wry thought of him fills me with warmth and happiness! I hear my doorbell ring and take a deep breath; he's here. I open the door and smile up at him, even though I am in heels he is still taller than me. 

"Did you sleep well? Are you still sad? I will do my best to make today enjoyable for you!" He said looking while both looking concerned and smiling.

"I slept great and I am feeling much better today! Thank you!" I chimed. 

"I am happy to hear that! Shall we go?" He asked while gesturing his elbow out towards me and I happily let him me out of my home as if I was a princess! 

 

---

 

I was expecting him to take me to a mall or a department store but instead he took me to what looks to be an office building. I give him a look of confusion.

"Trust me!" He said. I nodded and followed him inside. 

"Good afternoon" a talk stylish woman said greeting us, "You must be Malia! You are as pretty as he said, maybe even prettier!"

My face turned red. "Thank you" I replied sheepishly. 

"Please follow me!" She said excitedly. I followed her into a large room filled with dresses that looked more expensive than my house. I was in awe. 

"I think you would look amazing in a royal blue, floor length dress! Is that okay with you?" She said staring at my figure. 

"That's fine."

"Good" she snapped her and a crowd of employees surrounded me taking turns holding dresses up to me as she said no to all of them. 

"That's the one!" She finally said. 

 

I look down at the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. Is this really for me? It has diamonds in diamond shaped clusters going down the stomach and also on the left . I'm pretty sure this dress is worth more than I am. 

"Come, you must put on the dress!" One of the workers said ushering me towards the dressing room. After the attendant helped me put it on, I looked in the mirror at myself. It is as if the dress was made for my body; it is showing curves that I didn't even know I had. I thanked attendant and walked out of the dressing room in the dress. Chanyeol is in the corner with his hands in his pockets and looking at the floor. I clear my throat to get his attention and he slowing lifts his head. His mouth drops slightly and he stares at me speechless. 

"Oh my goodness, you look beautiful! And the dress fits so perfectly I won't need to make any adjustments!" The attendant cheered. 

"Thank you" I said bowing to her.

"No no. Nobody bows while wearing one of my dresses. To anyone. Everyone one else will bow to you." She said in a much more serious tone. 

"Oh"

"You look amazing" Chanyeol said, his face still in awe. My face turned red and I looked down to try to hide it. 

"You can pick her up here at 5pm! We will have her ready by then!" The attendant said to Chanyeol. I don't know he was going to leave me here. I was really hoping he would stay by my side the whole day. 

 "Don't be sad, I will be back to get you soon. I promise." I didn't mean to show my disappointment. 

"Oh my, you two are just the cutest little things!" The attendant said before gesturing her workers to usher him out. 

 

---

 

"Are you ready?" Chanyeol asked me. We were in a limo on our way to his company. He has been acting nervous around me ever since he picked me up from the dress shop.

"Of course, it's only a company party!" I said reassuring him. How hard could it be? Let him show me off to his coworkers, meet his boss, maybe dance with him? Piece of cake! I see a crowd of screaming girls ahead of us and the limo stops. Why are there screaming girls? 

"We are here" Chanyeol announced. I looked past the girls at the name of the building and my mouth dropped. I don't really follow Kpop because of my busy schedule, but I used to. I look at Chanyeol in shock.

"You work at SM?" 

"Yes, is that okay?" 

"Um, well yes. I am just really nervous now."

"Don't worry, I won't leave your side" he said smiling at me. His smile has the power to melt away anyone's worries. He then left the limo, cause a roar in the crowd, and held out his arm to me. I then stepped out of the limo, wrapping my arm through his, and the crowd because quiet other than the sound of angry tears. Cameras started flashing all around me. Chanyeol looked at me smiling.

"Let's go!" 

I smiled back at him and even waved to a few of the cameras as we were walking in. I'm pretty sure every girl out there hates me, but that only makes it more fun! 

"Woah, hyung brought a date" said a young looking guy to the guy next to him. 

"Chanyeol,did she actually say yes to you or did you have to pay her to say yes?" said the guy next to the young guy. Chanyeol then removed my arm from his and held hands with me, fingers locked, and smiled at me.

"She said yes to me!" 

"Wah! Hello! My name is Sehoon!" Said the young looking guy. 

"And my name is Baekhyun" the other guy said smiling back and forth between me and Chanyeol. 

"Hello, my name is Malia!" I said not bowing because I was told I wasn't allowed to. I was worried that they might think I was rude but there was no trace of that on their faces. 

"Well, I'd love to share her with you but...no. I lied, I have no intention of sharing her with you, she's mine!" He smiled bigger than I have ever seen him smile as he pulled me away with him. I do like hearing him say that I am his! 

"Chanyeol, you brought a date?" I look to my left and see Kyuhyun walking towards us! He was my bias back when I had time to be into Kpop! 

"Hello, my name is Malia!" I said happily. Kyuhyun just stared at me for a moment. 

"I'm Kyuhyun." He then stepped close to Chanyeol and whispered "How cool is she?" but I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to hear that. Chanyeol bit his lip and looked at me hesitantly before turning back to Kyuhyun and whispering "I don't know." Why do they both think I'm not cool? 

"Yah, are you one of those girls who never does anything fun and tattles on people when they do fun things?" Kyuhyun asked me.

"Yah, don't talk so rudely I her" Chanyeol whisper yelled at Kyuhyun. 

"I am usually he one being tattles on" I said answering his question. He then flashed me is famous 'evil Maknae smile.'

"Perfect, your in!" 

"Just what are you guys up to?" I asked amused. Chanyeol smiled sheepishly.

"Nothing too bad"

"We are Putting laxative in the green tea so whoever drinks it will be on the toilet for the next 24 hours!" Kyuhyun said proudly. I laughed.

"The only people who ever drink the green tea is Girls Generation and Siwon" Chanyeol explained. 

"I'm in!" I said excitedly. " Since you guys are celebrities it would probably be better if I slipped it in, nobody will notice me!"

They both stared at me in disbelief. 

"Where did you find her?" Kyuhyun asked Chanyeol. 

"On the street... But now I'm wondering if it was actually in my dreams...." He answered, both of them still staring at me. 

"Even though you wanting to plant the laxative is really hot" Chanyeol glared at him and Kyuhyun returned it with a smug look, "it is hot, but you can't do it. Everyone is eyeing the pretty girl Chanyeol brought with him tonight. And if Chanyeol does it everyone will notice because he will have left your side, it will have to be me."

"But you are Cho Kyuhyun. Won't everyone notice what you do?" I asked and both men raise their eyebrows at me. I shrugged and said, "I used to be an ELF." 

"Woah, used to?" Kyuhyun asked insulted. 

"Yes, I don't have time to listen to much music or pay attention to the Kpop world since I started my internship..." I frowned remembering my day yesterday, " that I no longer have." 

"Omo, is that why you were so upset yesterday?" Chanyeol asked concerned. 

"Yes, but after I have been happy ever since I ran into you" I replied smiling. 

"It's done" Kyuhyun said deviously. 

"Woah, what's done?" I asked.

"The tea. I put it in just now!" 

"I didn't even know you had left our side!"

"Don't underestimate my skills! Aish, any ELF should know that I am evilKyu."

"Well, yes. But I didn't know you were a ninja."

"Ugh, get on my level." He said walking away, leaving me alone with Chanyeol. 

"May I have this dance?" He asked, holding his hand out to me. 

"You may!" I took his hand, he escorted me to the center of the room, and we began to waltz across the dance floor as if we were characters in a Disney movie. Even I didn't know I could move with such grace. Our bodies flowed together so easily on the dance floor; it was as if we had been practicing for this dance all our lives. The song came to and end but Chanyeol did not let me go. He just stood there smiling at me and I smiled back at him. 

"Malia, you are more beautiful than any princess could ever dream of being" he said making me blush. I heard a few awes from around us and we both snapped back to reality. We were in the center of the room, holding each other, while everyone at the party was circled around us, staring. We immediately let go if each other a he escorted me off the dance floor, ignoring the wolf noises erupting from a few of the guys; I think they might be in him band.

"I think it's about time I take you home. The pretty girl should never linger, but instead leave early so that everyone can talk about how pretty she is. Tonight, you are the most beautiful girl in the room!" I smiled at him and nodded my head. 

 

---

 

"Thank you for tonight" I said looking into his beautiful eyes. We are standing on my doorstep. 

"No, thank you. Tonight is a night that I will cherish forever." 

" I will also never forget it. Can I see you again after tonight?"

"You can see me every day if that is what you want!" He said trying to hide his excitement. 

"That is what I want" I said smiling. I then turned to go into my house. 

"Wait!" He said a little panicked. "Malia. Can I...uh...well um. Can I...kiss you?" He is so nervous. 

"Yes" I answer as prettily as I can. He stepped closer to me and put one of his hands on my waist while the other cupped the side of my neck. He looked at my lips and then into my eyes before he closed his eyes and slowly moved his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes, waiting for his kiss, but instead I feel his nose brush mine and his hot breath on my cheek. Suddenly his lips crashed into mine. It was hot and perfect but also sweet and gentle at the same time. He pulled away and looked into my eyes with a big smile on his face. 

"I will see you tomorrow." At that, he left me there at my doorstep, unable to love from lack of brainpower. How am I supposed to be able to think straight after a kiss like that? He really is a bright light in my life. There is no way I'm letting him go anywhere!