Chapter 7

The Great Story

               “Good news sir, the public has been in mad anticipation for BxL’s comeback. Everyone is talking about it.” I told him, tapping away on the iPad.

                “Good, good, that’s exactly what we want.” Kris raised his fist in the air in a victory manner. “What about the investors?”

                “Stocks have been rising since the news was announced. I also have a letter from several endorsement companies asking to sign up with them. There’s a soda company, a chicken company, a cosmetics company and a sportswear company.”

                “Oh we can’t do the sportswear one; we’ve already signed on to another. Tell Ken over in the makeup department to finalize the makeup design for the new comeback. How are the boys doing?”

                “All seems to be well, except for Baekhyun, I think he has sustained a hip injury when he fell over during practice. Permission to have the day off to visit the doctor’s tomorrow?”

                “Denied. They have the album jacket shoot to complete tomorrow and we’re meeting with the directors of the music video.”

                “But the kid deserves a break.” I said, gnawing my lip.

                “You don’t get success by taking breaks. We’ve got too many things lined up now. I believe they have their schedules booked until next week.”

                “So it’s all work from here eh?” I muttered. I felt bad for the boys. I knew they had been working their butts off for this comeback, and it seems that time won’t stop for them to rest.

                “You know, I do have something planned for my actors Siwon and Donghae.” Kris rubbed his chin, a sure sign that he was thinking of something. “We’re planning to shoot a martial arts movie and I asked those two to be in it.”

                “Asked?” I raised an eyebrow.

                “Okay, let.” Kris said. “But I have yet to decide on a martial arts choreographer. I asked Mark Tuan and Jackson Wang, but apparently the boys are in China.”

                “Working?”

                “Working, ing, who knows?” Kris shrugged carelessly.

                “How about my housemate, Huang Zitao?”

                “Huang Zitao, the owner of Dragon’s Cave is your housemate??”

                “Yeah. He worked with Sunny before, I’m sure he would be glad to work with you.”

                “Oh yes! Now I remember him!”

                “Do you really?” I put my hands on my hips and asked him.

                “No.” he shook his head. “I don’t remember meeting him, but I do know I hired him before. That was the time Colin was still around.”

                “Where’s Colin now?”

                “Probably somewhere in Russia working on some nuclear missile project. The guy always seemed  to fit a meth lab more than an entertainment company.”

                “Oh,” my lips formed a small ‘o’. “Shall I call him and tell him?”

                “Better yet, tell him to come on Friday and we’ll have a meeting. You sure he’s good?”

                “I’m sure he’s the best. Plus he is the only one we know and we’re tight on options.”

                “I guess there’s no harm in just meeting him first.” I nodded in agreement.

                “Hello, dear cousin.” I turned around in shock at the sound of the intruder’s voice and relaxed instantly when I saw that it was just Kim Joonmyun. He walked in without knocking (something I can imagine he does often).

                “Okay, now I am certain you do this just to annoy me.” The pen in Kris’s hand flew across the room and landed behind the couch. I quickly scurried over to the back of the couch to pick up the pen.

                “Moi?” Joonmyun pointed to himself in mock innocence. “I am appalled that you would even suggest such a thing.” By this time, I could feel a pair of eyes on me as I bent down to pick up the pen.

                “Don’t you have work?” Kris asked, voice laced with a mix of boredom and annoyance.

                “Oh sure, but I always have to make time for my favourite cousin.” I can just imagine Joonmyun smiling like an angel as he said that.

                “You’re my only cousin.” I stood up and returned the pen to Kris, stuffing the back of my shirt that has fallen out back in my pants. Joonmyun smiled at me and I smiled back politely, bowing a little.

                “Would it help if I just give you my assistant’s number?” Kris rolled his eyes, a cheeky smile forming on his lips. I stared at Kris in horror while Joonmyun just roared in laughter.

                “That’s a rather unromantic way of getting to know someone, isn’t it?” he said. “But if you insist on helping, you can buy us lunch. At the fanciest French restaurant in Seoul.”

                “Fine,” Kris stood up. “But I’m coming.”

                “er.” Joonmyun’s face twisted in annoyance before giving his cousin a push. He wrapped an arm around me and grabbed the iPad out of my hands and tossed it away.

                “Hey!!! That iPad is expensive!!” Kris yelled, picking the device as if it was a fragile piece of glass.

                “Your boss is already buying us lunch, what’s another iPad eh?” he said, walking us out of the office. He opened the door and let me step through first like a gentleman and nearly slammed the door in Kris’s face.

                “KIM JOONMYUN!!!”

                “Shall we?” he looked at me and we walked, Kris tailing after us while rubbing his sore nose.

                May I just say that Kim Joonmyun is probably going to be my favourite person from now on.

 

                                                            *****************************

 

Daheul suga eomneun angil sudo eomneun got

Sumyeon wie bichin geon geu sarami aniya

Irwojil su eomneun seulpeun neoui story

Gakkawojilsurok deo apajil teni

Geu sarangmaneun… Stop, stop, stop, stop, yeah

Geu sarangmaneun… Stop, stop, stop, stop, yeah

Ireoke naega neol aetage bulleo

Dagagaji ma, babe, geu nalgaega jeojeuni

 

                The female dancers took their place next to Luhan and Baekhyun, eyes focused on the boys singing next to me. Luhan wrapped one hand around the dancer’s waist, as her fingers lingered on his chest, making crawling motions down the centre.  Then, while guiding her hand upwards, the two of them twirled together as Baekhyun began his falsetto.  

                The song was entitled ‘Moonlight’ and despite its sad lyrics, it had a very y feel to it. It was a sad, y ballad and was meant to be soft and emotional. Dancing and singing was not a problem for the two of them but Luhan was concerned about something else.

                “This weekend, we start filming your music video. I’ve asked Krystal Jung to be the lead actress. Luhan, you will be the main this time.” Kris told them at a meeting they had earlier that day

                “Me?” Luhan pointed to himself in bewilderment. He knew Krystal, the famous model and actress, but not personally. What the heck the whole of Korea has heard of the famous beauty. Being able to work with someone like that is amazing, but it’s pretty daunting. Suddenly, Luhan was shaking in his spot.

                “These are you scripts. There’s not much to go on, but just read up so that you will know what to do.” Kris said. “Luhan, are you okay?”

                “Er, yeah. Totally.” He said. Kris shrugged it off and proceeded with the meeting. Luhan tried to stay focus but he could already feel his nerves tingling as he flipped the script, watching the words like kiss, hug, strip, touch, bed dance around the pages. This is definitely a video that they are filming.

                “Nice work guys!” Minseok clapped his hands. Professionally, he goes by the name Xiumin, but people just shortened the name to Min sometimes. “I think that’s all for today. I need to get home and fix dinner for Jongdae.”

                “Isn’t Jongdae going home with you?” Baekhyun panted.

                “He’s got a recording session with some of the trainees.” Minseok said, grabbing his duffel bag. Remember to close up and leave nothing behind okay? See you all tomorrow!” The backup dancers parted ways after saying goodbye as they clapped their hands and cheered, probably going to the club for some more dancing and partying.

                “Where are you going after this?” Luhan asked Baekhyun as they started picking their stuff up.

                “Back to the dorm I guess. I have to uh…” Baekhyun paused for a bit. “Make a call to my parents.”

                “Oh,” Luhan said. “I was wondering if you would like to go eat something. I feel like having some blood sausage.”

                “No, that’s not my kind.” Baekhyun refused, shaking his head. “But since you’re going out you can pick up something for me on your way.”

                “But there’s no one to go with!”

                “You’ll think of someone. You always do.” Baekhyun smiled a little teasingly, but Luhan was too dense to sense it. He was eventually left alone in the studio, with just a few lights on. He could stay back and rehearse by himself, but he needs food first. He’s starving. He could call some of his ex-trainee friends, but they are probably busy and since it has been a while since he contacted them, it would have been awkward to just dial up like that. He twirled his phone in his hands before finally giving into his temptation, dialling Sehun’s number.

                Ring…ring…

                “Hello?”

                “Sehun-ah,” Luhan called, wiping his sweat over his brow. “Where are you?”

                “Meeting a client. What’s up?”

                “Oh, you must be busy.” Luhan felt guilty for calling Sehun at such a moment.

                “What’s up anyways?”

                “I…” Luhan pouted, feeling rather pathetic for interrupting him just because he was bored and lonely. “I was just looking for company. I’m feeling hungry.”

                Sehun chuckled over the phone; his deep voice sending flutters to Luhan’s already pounding heart. “Are you at your headquarters?”

                “Yeah.”

                “Stay there. I’ll be there in ten.”

                “But…your client…”

                “Didn’t you say you were hungry?”

                “Yeah…but…”

                “Hunger comes first,” Luhan could almost hear the smile on Sehun’s handsome face. “I’ll be there in ten. Don’t argue with me.”

                “Fine,” Luhan tried to stop smiling as they hung up. He was supposed to feel guilty, but he can’t help but feel a little pleased and smug. His best friend was willing to dump everything for him. It made him feel special. And you would think a popular artist like him would feel that all the time, but this industry is tougher than you think. After months of being under Baekhyun’s shadow, being casted aside in interviews, or being favoured over during casting calls for dramas, it was nice to know that he means something to someone, and that he is someone’s favourite person.

                “You did not need to do this.” Luhan told Sehun as they headed out together. Sehun was dressed in a white dress shirt and his jacket slung over his shoulder. He tried to sound guilty but the small smile on his face gave it away. Sehun put a hand behind Luhan’s head, feeling the curls in his hand, the hard bits formed under the hairspray that he sprayed on this morning.

                “Something tells me I did.” Sehun chuckled. “Blood sausage?”

                “How did you…”

                “Come on Luhan, who do you think you’re talking to?” Luhan laughed and Sehun followed soon.

                Nights like this were his favourite. No pressure, no fame, no camera, no fans. Just him. And Sehun.

                                                            ***************************

                Baekhyun had just gotten into a cab when he heard his phone ring. He smiled at the name that appeared and picked it up in a heartbeat.

                “How’s my baby?” came the gruff voice and Baekhyun’s face heated up instantly.

                “Your baby is just fine.” He chuckled. “You called early.”

                “I needed to hear your voice more than ever.” Chanyeol said. “How’s training?”

                “Hard.” Baekhyun sighed. “But I’m getting better. I wish you could be here to see it all though. You’ll love Seoul, it had so many places to shop and you’ll love the music scene here.”

                “Be careful with what you wish for,” Chanyeol said. “I could be there.”

                If Baekhyun could see him, he would see Chanyeol lying on the bed, holding something up to the sky.

                A silver wedding band.

 

 

A/N: Oh ho ho ho!!!! No prizes for guessing exactly what Chanyeol wants but if you think you know what's happened, please leave comments! LOL Also, I do try hard to be funny in these stories but I feel like they haven't exactly been the best so I apologize for that TT I'm probably not the funniest person out there but I am aware of that LOL

Tony Testa, the boy's choreographer misses them and frankly, so do I. Especially as 12 again TT