mystery girl

Phobias ㅡ chenbaeksoo

tumblr_m9uyogGXEO1rstyet.gif

Today, he's going to turn the tables and change her life
Gynophboia: fear of women


Jongdae has had his eye, and possibly heart, on one girl for the past two months. Caramel hair, hazel eyes, rosy cheeks, pink lips and a cute smile. She was a regular at the tea shop he worked in, and he figured she might like tea too so that's one thing he knows about her and he feels nice all over, because they have one thing in common. But one of his friends say that's still an undecided fact. 

"Just because she goes to the tea shop everyday, does not immediately mean she likes tea."

At that statement, Jongdae frowned. "Why not?"

"I go to fast foods all the time, but that doesn't mean I like them do I?"

"You make no sense, Kyungsoo."

"I am against your crush on that girl." 

"What?! Why-"

His good friend, and fellow tea-lover, Kyungsoo, crossed his arms and looked at Jongdae with stern eyes. "Because she fills your head with hopes and she doesn't even know you exist."

"She will soon!" he said rather defensively. 

But even Jongdae isn't sure of that because he has never even heard her talk besides the words; "One white strawberry tea, please." those five words were the only words that Jongdae has ever heard from her. Before he could even ask her, much less, talk to her, she's already gone and walking away from the counter and Jongdae doesn't have the guts to call her, because he doesn't even know her name. 

At least maybe, not yet. 

"I'm going to ask for her name today." he says when he punches in Kyungsoo's order of Blackberry Mojito Green Tea. "You just wait." he looks at him in the eyes, and all Kyungsoo could do was shake his head at his friend and roll his eyes. 

"Good luck with that. Especially to your fear of women," he says snarkily.

"He-hey!" Jongdae puffs his cheeks. "I-I do not have a fear for women. I'm just shy."

"Bye, Jongdae."  

Jongdae's mystery girl comes everyday right before lunch, and judging from the books she brought he guessed she was a college student. He also guessed that she was the quiet type that preferred books over movies because every time she comes, she's always alone and she always has a new book to read everyday. He also guesses that her name was be something pretty to the ears.

But today, Jongdae's guesses would be turned into facts for he's going to talk to her, no matter what it takes. 

"Hey, Baek," it was currently 11:34, and in any moment, that girl could walk in and order her usual but before that, Jongdae walked to the back to talk to one of his co-workers, the one who always serves the tea for the customers. "You know that girl-"

"Which girl? The one you like?"

"Um," he raised his eyebrows. "How-"

"Simple." he says while rubbing his hands together as he gives Jongdae a knowing look. "You stare at her everyday like she's so kind of-"

"Okay, enough. Get the point." Jongdae sighs at him. Was he that obvious? "Anyways, I want to serve her tea today, okay? Can you do that for me?"

Baekhyun chuckles before wriggling his eyebrows at him. "Sure, lover boy."

"Don't call me that. I resent that nickname." 

He chuckles again. "Whatever, Jongdae."

11:45, she was late by five minutes as Jongdae had noticed and that made him worry a little, it made him think; won't she be coming today?

But all his doubts and worries disappears as he sees her, that familiar face he sees almost every single day but had never had the courage to compliment. But today, he's going to turn the tables and change her life. Possibly. Maybe. Hopefully. 

He puts on his best and most charming smile as she approaches his counter, which was the only one that had no line. Her doe-like, hazel-colored eyes met his dull brown ones. "One strawber-"

"I know. With extra cream?" he mustered up all of his courage to ask her that, and his smile falters by the tiniest bit as she looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Umm, yes." her voice was soft, and it sounded tender to his ears. It was cute. "It'd like that, thank you." Jongdae found himself smiling even more as he heard it again. 

She starts to turn around, and Jongdae had a second of mental breakdown about what to do or say next. But then, he comes up with this idea; "Uh, wait." he says, and that makes her turn to him again. "We-we have this new feature in the shop, that-that all-allows you to, um, what I mean to say is that for the regular costumers in the shop, they can write down their name for a chance to win a lifetime pass to the.. tea shop! Yeah." he nods at his own silly lie, and quietly wishes for her forgiveness for it. 

She seemed skeptical, and hesitant of what Jongdae had told her, but nevertheless, she gives in when she sees Jongdae quickly grabbing a pen and paper. "All I have to do is write my name down?"

He nods. "Yes."

And that's what she does, she writes her name down with her rather beautiful handwriting and the black letters scrawled across the white thin paper Jongdae has in his hands, are stuck in his head. He says her name out loud, and like an idiot, he smiles brightly. 

Baekhyun notices this later when their shift for the morning is over. "Happy now?" he asks, trying to hold in laughter at how red Jongdae's face was. 

"Yeah, but, I should've asked her to write her number down too, though."


oh, there ya go. a 'slightly' better oneshot? teehee. :3 by the way, do you guys know any good kyungsoo and baekhyun stories? if so? recommend it to me! ^^ I want to read more of them. Oh, and the text above in korean translates to the title of the oneshot.