Panic on Board

Panic on Board - One shot

Kikwang looked over at his controls and took a deep breath.   I can do this.  I can bring her home safely.  I’ve done this a thousand times.  He gripped the controls, looking though the windows at the ground crew, waiting for their signal.

 

His co-pilot looked over at him after hearing a sigh.  “Why are you nervous?  You’re the best pilot we got.”

Kikwang answered meekly, “My girlfriend’s on board.  I don’t want to screw this up.”  

“Oh.  Don’t worry she’ll be fine.  Tell the girls back there to take good care of her.”  The co-pilot replied, also getting himself comfortable for their short, hour long trip.

 

Meanwhile you were sitting first class waiting for the plane to take off.  You looked out of the window at the people working below.  I’m finally going back home.  Then Kikwang-oppa can finally get a break from work and we can go on dates.  You giggled at the thought while the cabin attendants stared at you weirdly.

 

“Attention passengers on board flight 4778 from Narita, Japan to Seoul, Korea.  I’m Captain Lee Kikwang and I will be your pilot during your flight today.  Currently the weather conditions are good so we are expected to arrive on time.  Please fasten your seatbelts and place your seats to the upright position.  The cabin attendants will give you a brief safety demonstration and we will be on our way.”  Kikwang said through the intercom. 

 

You smiled and watched the cabin attendants as the plane started it's take off. 

 

You got comfortable reading your book as the plane cruised though the sky.

 

Suddenly the plane began shaking.  Thinking it was turbulance, you kepted reading your book until the shaking started to become more frequent.  You glanced up and noticed the cabin attendants getting restless. 

 

“Excuse me.  What’s going on.”  You asked one of the cabin attendants. 

“Sorry.  Please stay seated in your chair and put your seat belt on.”  She said then disappeared. 

 

Why does this have to happen today?!  Kikwang thought as he turned to his co-pilot.

 

“We need to land this before it explodes!!  There’s fire coming out of the engine.”  The co-pilot told him, his voice in panic.

Kikwang nodded, already having the mic in hand.  “Attention passengers, please return to your seats, and buckle your seatbelts we need to make an emergency landing.  Please wear your life vests.”

 

Kikwang called command central and informed them of the situation.  He then tried to land the plane into the water as safely as he could.  The nose of the plane entered the water first then the body.  Everyone felt the impact; Kikwang hit his body on the controls.  The cabin attendants opened the emergency exits and let everyone on the life rafts. It was chaotic but everyone was getting on safely.

 

You put your backpack on and waited for Kikwang to come out of the pilot room.  First the co-pilot came out then ran to help the passengers.  You waited for Kikwang but he didn’t come out.  You slowly walked to the entrance of the room.

 

Kikwang was struggling to get out of his seat, his seatbelt was jammed. 

 

“Oppa!”  You shouted then ran towards him. 

“~~~~~~ah?  What are you doing?  Get on the boat!”  Kikwang demanded trying to get you out to safety. 

“No!  I’m going to help you.  Wait.”  You reassured.

 

You ran outside and went to the kitchen area to grab a knife.  “I hope this works.”  You grabbed the only knife you could find, which was a small dining room knife.

 

“Here.”  You tried cutting the seatbelt.  Slowly the seatbelt cut  and soon Kikwang was free. 

“Thanks.  Now let’s get you to safety.”  Kikwang hugged you.  You nodded and grabbed his hand. 

 

Kikwang led you to the exit.  “Is everyone out?”  He asked one of the cabin attendants. 

“Yes, except us and her.”  She pointed at you. 

“Good.  Get in.”  Kikwang pushed her gently into the boat. 

 

He got in the boat then extended his arms to help you in.  You jumped into his arms.  After you felt your feet safely on the boat you held him tight.   Your heart was pounding in fear.  Kikwang felt your heartbeat and pulled you hugged you back tighter.  He pulled you down to sit when he felt your knees were weakening.

 

After a while, it was getting dark and the rescue boats had not found the crash site yet.  People were getting worried and impatient. 

 

One person started to yell.  “It’s your fault!”  He pointed at Kikwang.  “You probably fell asleep at the control!  Or maybe you were just not paying attention!!” 

 

The man continued to yell at Kikwang disturbing everyone.  The cabin attendants tried to stop him but were unsuccessful.

 

You finally couldn’t take his yelling and stood up.  “Just shut up already!  Who are you to yell at the captain?  You don’t know a thing about flying planes so be quiet.”  The man stared at you.  “Kikwang-oppa and the other co-pilot was the one who landed us here and saved us.  What if the engine exploded?  We’d be dead!”  You shouted. 

The man looked at you in disgust noticing your relationship with Kikwang.  “All you care is about your oppa that you don’t even care that he almost killed you!  Stupid girl!”

 

You were about to walk over and slap him but Kikwang pulled you back then stood up. 
 

“Stop!  Both of you.”  He said then looked over at the man.  “Believe what you like.  But don’t disturb the other passengers.  Please sit down and wait patiently until the rescue boat comes.”  Kikwang turned back to you and made you sit down.  “By the way,” Kikwang turned back to the man, “my girlfriend was on that plane that you were on.  I didn’t want this to happen especially with my girlfriend on board.  Do you think any man would want to hurt their girl in anyway?”  Kikwang turned back to you and sat down next to you.  The man stared at the ground embarrassed then sat back down.

 

“Oppa,”  You tried to talk but he cut you off.  “Let’s not talk now.  Let’s talk later.”  I’m too embarrassed to talk to you now.  I nearly caused your death.  Kikwang pulled you into a hug as he waited for the rescue boats.

 

After an hour the boats came and brought everyone to safety in Korea.  After an hour of checkups, for Kikwang and you, and meetings, for Kikwang, you were allowed to return home.  Kikwang drove you home.

 

After you reached the house Kikwang helped you to the door.  You rang the door bell and Doojoon opened the door.  The first thing he did was hug you.  “I heard what happened through the news.  I thought was going to lose you.”

 

After hugging you Doojoon punched Kikwang.  “That’s for putting yourself and  ~~~~~~ah in danger.”  Doojoon then helped Kikwang up and gave him a hug.  “And that’s for bringing her back safely.”

 

Doojoon pulled away from Kikwang.  “Stay for tonight.  You both must be tired and hungry.”  Kikwang smiled and walked into the house.

 

After dinner you went to your room to sleep while Kikwang stayed in Doojoon’s room.

 

“Hyung, I have a question.”  Kikwang asked. 

“Sure what is it?”  Doojoon looked at Kikwang. 

“Can I marry ~~~~~ ah?” Kikwang asked.

Doojoon looked at Kikwang.  “Sure if she says so.  But if you make her cry I’ll kill you.” 

 

Kikwang smiled and pinky promised Doojoon.

 

Tomorrow I’ll propose to you, ~~~~~ah.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That's the end.

It seemed kind of rushed don't you think?

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the story,

Please comment.