Chapter 5

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona runaway from Joonmyeon’s house after what Taeyeon had said about her girlfriend reached her brain. She run to Yuri’s café to see if what Joonmyeon’s older sister had told her. And she wasn’t lying. She watched Jessica from the glass window outside as the girl serves those customers inside.

 

Tears started to form as she watched Jessica exhausting herself to earn money to support them. But above the pity she feels, she felt betrayed. She had never thought that the girl she trusted the most can betray her and make her look like a fool.

 

Just as Yoona turned her back, Joonmyeon hugged her and patted her back. He had followed her and was just watching her all along.

 

“Joonmyeon ah, she lied to me. Everything was just a lie.” Yoona cried in Joonmyeon’s arms as the guy tightened his embrace.

“She has a reason, Yoona.” He murmured. Yes, he know he can take the situation as an advantage and follow what Taeyeon had told him to do, but he can’t take seeing his love crying and in pain.

“Joonmyeon ah, she lied.”

“Do you really love her?” he asked as he broke the hugged and received a nod from Yoona as an answer. “Then go inside and clear everything with her. Don’t do something stupid that will cost you to lose her.”

“Thank you.” Yoona said as they exchanged smiles.

 

Just in time that one of the customer was about to hit her girlfriend, Yoona run inside and stopped the customer by holding his arm tight. She stared at him furiously to scare him and it actually worked.

 

“Yoona…” Jessica was in state of disbelief. The lies she used as a cover up to hide things from her girlfriend had been uncovered now. She was about to speak again when the doe eyed girl held her hand and pulled her out of the café.

 

The grip was getting tighter and tighter as they go far away from the café, Jessica wanted to protest but she knows very well that Yoona will not listen to her. Instead, she waited until they stopped walking and Yoona let her hand go. The doe eyed girl had her back facing her as soon as she let go of her hand and it makes Jessica more frustrated.

 

“Sorry.” Was all she said.

 

Yoona turned around and Jessica met her doe eyes. Jessica is aware on what’s behind those doe eyes. Those doe eyes were screaming in anger and the feeling of betrayal. The only time she’d seen those beautiful doe eyes like that was when they were on their former school’s rooftop and when she said those stupid lies there.

 

“Don’t say sorry. Jessica please don’t say anything if you’re going to lie again. I’d rather hear nothing than hear those lies.” Yoona softly said.

“Yoona ah-” Jessica’s words was cut by the doe eyed girl as the she hugged her tightly.

“I love you.” The doe eyed girl softly mumbled in Jessica’s ear.

*****

 

“You’re a fool. It was already right in your face but instead of grabbing it, you threw it away!” Taeyeon scolded her brother as soon as he entered the house.

“Noona, didn’t I told you-”

“Shut up! Don’t wait for everything to be worse than now.”

 

Joonmyeon was completely taken aback in his own old sister’s words and meeting her eyes, only made it worst. He clearly sees how Taeyeon’s eyes are like burning in anger. It was the same eyes he saw when he witnessed something that he doesn’t want to remember at all.

 

“Noona, I’ll take care of it, you don’t have to-”

“Just move fast before I start.” Taeyeon uttered as she passed by him, heading to her room.

 

Joonmyeon was left speechless. It was what he was most afraid of. It was the reason why he couldn’t freely open his emotions. He was afraid that if his sister will find something that is not good for him or anything that makes him sad, she’ll take care of it. He knew how brutal can his sister be and that makes him to be careful whenever she is around.

*****

“Is there something pabo Sooyeon wanted to eat?” Yoona asked cutely as she woke her princess with a huge smile in her face.

“Hmm. But Yoona doesn’t know how to cook my favorite food.” Jessica pouted but only received an evil grin from the doe eyed girl.

“Then, eat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter