Chapter 14

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’ll pull me close to her then she’ll push me away.” Jessica sighed.

“Why do you let her pull you when you know that she’ll push you away later on?”

 

Jessica turned to that person only to see Sunny. A former classmate she didn’t see after she left school to work for Yoona and herself. Though for Jessica, Sunny’s not only a former classmate for her. If not for Sunny, she may be still lying to herself up until this moment, if not for Sunny and her encouragement, she wouldn’t know Yoona loves her back, not only as a friend but more than that.

 

“Seems like you’re still in love with Yoona.” Sunny grinned after seeing how Jessica shot her with a glare. “Isn’t she married with Kim Joonmyun, now? Wow, you should’ve treated me as a best friend so that I will be there to wake you up during their wedding day.”

“It’s nice to see you again, Sunny. But I need to go.” Jessica was about to walk away, only to be stopped by Sunny, who is holding her wrist.

“Didn’t she tell you anything yet?” Sunny asked making Jessica to turn on her again, with a confuse look registered on her face. “My friend, Hyoyeon is Yoona’s doctor. It seems like you don’t know anything yet so I’d rather Yoona tell everything to you personally.”

“What do you mean? I need to know whatever Yoona hiding from me.”

“Let’s have some coffee because it’ll be a long story.”

 

*****

 

“Thank you, Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon smirked after receiving a call from Yoona’s doctor.

“Who was that, noona?”

“It was our cousin, Hyoyeon, who is looking at Yoona’s health. I asked her to confirm if Yoona is pregnant.” Joonmyun shot Taeyeon with a confused look after hearing the word pregnant. “You need to go shopping for the child, Joonmyun ah.”

“Noona?”

“Yes, she is.” Taeyeon uttered as she stared back on her monitor screen.

 

Joonmyun who was still surprised from the news Taeyeon just told him, suddenly hugged her before leaving her office with a huge smile plastered on her face. He doesn’t know how to contain his feelings may be it is the right time now that Yoona will finally love him.

 

*****

“Yoona’s pregnant…” Jessica uttered after Sunny told her all details she got from Hyoyeon.

“I am sorry if I blurt these things without Yoona’s permission but I believe you need to know this. Also, isn’t it the right time for you to move on and let her live with her family, Jessica?” Sunny asked seeing how Jessica is still in dazed after she told her everything she knew.

 “I’ll leave now.” Jessica took a sip from the coffee then left Sunny, who was feeling uneasy after she spoiled the secret Yoona kept from Jessica.

 

Jessica wasn’t sure how to react after hearing the most painful news about the person she believed in, the person, who told her that she loves her and will do anything for her. It wasn’t what she have expected, not even a single bit of expectation that Yoona will choose to finally build a family with Joonmyun. And what hurts her that most is, she believed in her, completely forgetting herself and all things she’d been through.

 

Jessica stopped right in front of Yoona’s office, still undecided whether she will open the door or not, to see Yoona or not, to confront Yoona or not.

 

Jessica chose to leave to clear her mind first before she talk to Yoona. She was about to leave when the door swung open, meeting the doe eyes of the girl, who brings her life sadness and pain. She was about to take a step forward to her when a man from the doe eyed girl suddenly showed up, holding her hands.

 

“Didn’t expect you here, Jessica.” The man greeted her with a smile as he moved Yoona to his side.

“I just want to talk.” Jessica softly mumbled, trying her best to avoid Yoona’s doe eyes.

“Yoona’s not on the condition to talk right now, Jessica. We need to go now.” Joonmyun tried to move but Yoona stopped him by looking at him.

“Joonmyun ah, give us a minute.” Yoona uttered as she gave her husband a pleading stare, hoping that he will allow them.

 

Yoona and Jessica waited for Joonmyun’s answer, both hoping that he will allow them to talk privately.

 

“I’m sorry but we really need to go now, Yoona. Noona is waiting for us.” Joonmyun grinned at Jessica, who was glaring at him the whole time.

 

Before Yoona could argue with him, Joonmyun p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter