Final

Ours

Ours

 

Jungkook pressed the elevator button and waited for the familiar ding. He sighed and recalled how his talk with his parents about introducing his boyfriend to them went. They weren’t very enthusiastic about it (especially his dad), that much was obvious from their snarky comments.

It’s okay, he thought and tried not to think too much about it. Because everything will be perfectly fine. Jungkook thought this for a reason. Everything would be fine once he reached school. Because once he reached school, Kim Taehyung would be waiting for him with that tender and loving look. Kim Taehyung would be waiting for him, quite impatiently, with that ridiculously orange hair standing out so much. Kim Taehyung would be there, ready to laugh at all of Jungkook’s jokes even if they weren’t all that funny. Kim Taehyung would be there, listening to everything that Jungkook said even if they weren’t very interesting. And most importantly, Kim Taehyung would be there, telling him that he loved him even though Jungkook already knew.

And if Kim Taehyung was there, every little thing would just fade away.

While waiting for the elevator, Jungkook’s mind drifted off to the time when Kim Taehyung asked him out. He smiled at the memory.

 

It had been almost a month since Taehyung had asked Jungkook out. It was during vocals class. Their teacher, Mr. Bang had assigned each student to present a romantic ballad as a test to check how high their vocal ranges were. Jungkook presented fairly well and was praised by the teacher.

But when it was time for that weird orange haired boy to present his assignment, Jungkook noticed that his gaze was only fixed on him. The younger male had heard rumors about this person; about how he broke the hearts of many girls by promising to go out with them but never really fulfilling the promise. But that didn’t cross his mind when Taehyung suddenly decided to dedicate his performance to Jungkook, in front of the whole class, in front of the freakin’ teacher!

Being more stubborn than a donkey, Taehyung refused to get off the platform until Jungkook gave an immediate answer. And Jungkook could see it from the older’s eyes that he wasn’t expecting a no. So Jungkook said yes, in front of the whole class, in front of the freakin’ teacher!

 

Jungkook smiled at the memory but was interrupted by the opening doors of the elevator.

 

The silence in the elevator suffocated the poor boy in the school uniform and his first thought was that he should’ve taken the stairs. There was no one that he recognized in the small compartment and most of them had dreamy and blank stares on their faces.

If Taehyung were here with him, they’d laugh about the vacant stares, Jungkook figured. The boy in focus, however, hid his smile and kept a straight face. His mind and heart was with Taehyung but right at that moment, his time belonged to those strangers.

 

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

 

“I still think you’re a weird couple,” Seokjin, Jungkook’s senior friend, commented. Well, no one asked for your opinion, Jungkook wanted to say but kept quiet. Seokjin was still his hyung and sunbae and he didn’t want to be impolite. “He’s known to be a play boy, Jungkook,” the ‘too-cute-that-it-was-almost-gross’ male, whose name was Jimin added. “You don’t really know if he’s serious about you or not.”

“I think,” Yoongi, the prettiest guy in the whole school (who had the secret hots for Jimin) joined in, “that Kim Taehyung is kind of serious about the kid here.” Yoongi suggested at Jungkook. Jungkook wanted to hug the guy but that would seem awkward and Jimin would probably send him to hell with his death glares. “But you’d better be careful, kid,” he added quickly and ruffled the maknae’s hair.

 

 

 

“They’ll judge like they know about me and you, Jungkookie,” Taehyung said softly. Normally, Taehyung would have shouted it out but Jungkook had to complete an assignment so they were in the library. Thus, the whispered sentences. “They’ll always have something or the other to say because they have nothing else to do,” Taehyung said to assure the younger boy.

Jungkook appreciated the reassurance his boyfriend was giving. He needed this. He needed to get the reassurance that he was doing the right thing by following his heart but everyone else was being such , s, or es.

“Thank you,” Jungkook beamed at the older, taking a break from his work. Taehyung smiled back. “And I don’t really care about them,” he continued. “Because my choice is you.”

Taehyung chose that moment to sigh exasperatedly. “What’s wrong, hyung?” Jungkook asked, suddenly concerned. “Do you know how much I want to kiss you right now?” Taehyung asked slyly. Jungkook rolled his eyes but there was that obvious blush on his cheeks. Stupid Taehyung.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Jungkook blocked out the gossip that was currently taking over the class. Everywhere he turned, he always overheard the same thing over and over again.

“Kim Taehyung and Min Jessica are back together!”

“Omo, what about Jeon Jungkook?”

“Didn’t you know? Taehyung was just playing around with him to get his girlfriend back.”

“Poor guy. But he should’ve seen it coming. That Kim Taehyung is a play boy who does not bother with gender.”

“Yeah! Jungkook isn’t even Taehyung’s type. Why would anyone think they were going out in the first place?”

 

 

Jungkook knew that all these rumors were false. Because Taehyung had just met him that morning. He was still the same Taehyung that managed to get the reserved Jeon Jungkook to fall in love with him. He was still the same guy who agreed to meet Jungkook’s parents just because Jungkook’s parents were being skeptical about him having a boyfriend so suddenly.

The victim knew that the rumors were all untrue. But that didn’t mean it didn’t hurt him.

 

“Don’t listen to them,” Taehyung said, holding Jungkook’s hand tightly as they walked past the school cafeteria. Jungkook wasn’t feeling hungry at all because of the rumors. He felt bad for disrupting Taehyung’s lunch because he knew how much his boyfriend loved to eat. But he just couldn’t help it.

Jungkook was really sorry for causing such a fuss during lunch. He knew that he would have to apologize later on. But to his surprise, Taehyung said that it was okay. And the best part was: Taehyung kept holding his hand throughout their walk out of the cafeteria, not bothering the hateful glares that some people were giving them. Yup, Jungkook thought he really was in love.

 

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Jungkook’s vision blurred almost immediately to see Taehyung with Jessica. They were standing a little too close to Jungkook’s liking. There’s nothing going on between them, Jungkook assured himself but that was a little hard to believe considering how Jessica kept trying to cling onto the orange haired boy.

“You should’ve known that Taehyung was never serious about you, kid,” one of the girls who dragged Jungkook to the gym said. “Taehyung is out of your league, Jungkook,” the other girl with too much make up on hissed.

The victimized (and currently heartbroken) male yanked his hands away from the two girls’ grip. “Is this the only reason why you dragged me all the way to the gym from my class? Don’t you have anything else to do, like put on more powder?” he tried to say calmly but the tears were already rolling down his cheeks.

Feeling his cheeks get wet, he excused himself and missed the victorious smirks that the two girls were giving.

Jungkook wiped his tears away but they kept coming. And it was all because of Taehyung. It was all because of Taehyung who made him fall for him. It was all because of Taehyung who still seemed to be in love with his perfectly lip-glossed, hour glass figured, lusciously shiny haired girlfriend.

He wanted to hate him. Jungkook wanted to hate the orange haired boy whose toothy smiles were in the shape of a hearts. He wanted to hate the boy who lied to him with that mysteriously addictive deep voice of his. He wanted to hate the boy who confessed to him in front of all those students (and teacher).

But he couldn’t. Because he still loved him too much.

 

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

“We told you that boy was no good,” Jungkook’s dad immediately said when he saw his son’s puffy eyes. Jungkook’s mom elbowed him, saying that it probably wasn’t the ‘sweet orange haired boy’ who made her son cry but Jungkook’s dad remained adamant. “A bad boy like that is bound to break anyone’s heart.”

“He didn’t do anything,” Jungkook said, all void of emotions. “He didn’t make me cry.” He decided to make sure of it. And thank god his mom was on his side, well, kind of.

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Jungkook tried not to cry the next day but apparently, the news about Taehyung and Jessica had already reached his critics of friends.

“Are you okay?” Seokjin asked worriedly, but Jungkook thought he had that ‘I-told-you-so’ tone. Jimin wasn’t doing any better at consoling him. He was thankful to Yoongi though, for keeping his mouth shut.

“Hi, Jungkookie,” Taehyung suddenly hugged Jungkook from the back by the shoulders. Jungkook managed a weak hi and stood up, letting Taehyung’s grip on him fall.

“Jungkookie?” Taehyung asked, growing a little worried. The younger gave a teary smile. He couldn’t handle it. Not yet. What if the rumors were true? What if Taehyung was really messing with him?

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook apologized and left the crowd swiftly. After he left, Taehyung tried to ask the three friends what had happened to Jungkook. Seokjin just rolled his eyes and commented that the particular orange haired boy was an . With that, he flipped his invisible hair and went away with the cute yet evil faced boy. Yoongi finally stood up with a sigh.

“It’s hard enough as it was,” he said. “He saw you yesterday, kid. With your ex-girlfriend.” Another sigh followed. “He’s probably out at the roof,” Yoongi said. Taehyung didn’t even get time to thank the twinkling eyed male because he ran as soon as he heard the first sentence. He knew that Jungkook would be at the roof.

Jungkook took in a deep breath as the winds blew past him He should calm down. It wasn’t like Taehyung wanted to hurt him on purpose. I’m sure he has a proper explanation as to why he was with Jessica at the moment. And besides, I’m overacting. I probably caught them at the wrong time or something.

 

“Jungkook!” he heard a voice then followed by heavy breaths which sounded like a walrus with asthma. “I’m sorry,” Jungkook said, not turning to the boy behind him to apologize for his depressing and childish behavior. He didn’t have to turn to him to know who he was. He was already familiar with the butterflies in his stomach whenever he thought, mentioned or was near Taehyung.

“Nothing happened, Jungkook,” strong arms suddenly hugged Jungkook’s slim waist. Taehyung didn’t need to explain. Jungkook had already assumed that it was all Jessica’s plan from the start. But he didn’t say anything because he wanted to stay like that for a moment.

“Don’t throw me away, Jungkookie. I will buy you that Pikachu doll that you’ve been wanting.” Jungkook tried to hide that amused and happy smile.

“Please don’t throw me away, Jungkookie. We’ll go out and eat as much spicy ramen as you like and I’ll pay for everything.” Jungkook’s face kind of broke into a smile but his eyes were still a little teary. And Jungkook didn’t know if it was because of the sudden dust the wind blew into his eyes or because of his boyfriend’s cheesy and silly lines. What was he, six years old?

“Please don’t throw me away, Jungkookie. You know how much I like you.”

Jungkook squirmed to turn to Taehyung. “You moron,” he said with a smile. “I know that,” a sigh escaped his curved lips.”I don’t care about the rumors. Because right now, you’re mine. And I’m yours. Didn’t you tell me that?”

Taehyung tried to look angry but failed miserably. “You made me so worried, Jungkookie,” he said, pulling closer to his slightly shorter boyfriend. “Sorry about that,” Jungkook said in a whisper.

“That’s okay,” Taehyung chuckled.

They stood like that for a few more minutes in silence, taking in each other’s scent like it was oxygen itself.

“Jungkookie,” Taehyung said after a deep kiss on his boyfriend’s soft pink lips.

“Hmmm?”

“We’ll probably face a lot of criticisms and even hatred. But know that this love is ours. Not our friends’, not our parents’, not anyone else’s.”

Taehyung wasn’t the brightest in the class, Jungkook knew. But he really could say some deep stuffs which were beyond true. And the younger loved him for that.

“Okay,” Jungkook could only say.

And at that moment, Jungkook knew that he wasn’t the only one who was made the end of rumors and gossip. But Taehyung continued to hold Jungkook’s hands as if they didn’t matter. Taehyung’s hands were right where they belonged, with Jungkook’s, intertwined and connected.

Jungkook decided that he would fight all the doubts and give Taehyung faith about them like the elder had been doing since the start. He decided that he would stay strong for Taehyung and continue to hold on to his boyfriend even if everyone else was against it. And he definitely decided to ignore the snide remarks that his father always gave about Taehyung’s bright orange hair.

 

Because I love your toothy and heart-warming grin.

Because I love the riddles and confusing sentences that you speak even though they don’t make sense sometimes.

Because I love that ridiculously bright colored hair color even though it acts like a neon sign.

Because you did the impossible and made me fall for you.

 

 

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

“Don’t worry your pretty little mind, Taehyung hyung. I know people always try to destroy things that shine. But they can’t take what’s ours. And I won’t let go if you don’t,” Jungkook said as they walked back to their classes together. Their hands were entwined firmly and Taehyung had a triumphant and smug smile to be with Jungkook.

“Never,” Taehyung said, not turning back to his boyfriend. He didn’t have to.

 

Author's Note:

My first Fluff, NON angst story... (Not very satisfied but... *shrugging shoulders*)

Hope you liked it... And thanks for subscribing and reading...

Oh and Akiko27... This one's for you. Thanks for the love and support... <3 <3