Final

Vanilla Twilight

It’s been about 5 years since he'd last seen his best friend, Sehun. Everyday he wondered what the tall boy would be up to and missed his wide smile. They were best friends since they they were 5 but now being 15, it’s been 5 years since Luhan had last seen Sehun. It doesn’t help that Luhan is a bit of a romantic too. He’d already come to terms that he’d fallen for his best friend and wished that he was here to watch the stars with him. Luhan was used to feeling lonely since his parents were always gone and he had no siblings. Sehun was the only person he could talk to normally since their parents were in similar situations. But, sehun had to move because of his father’s abrupt job change. Now there was 6,843 miles that separated both of them.

 

Tired of thinking about lost memories with the boy with the colourful rainbow hair, Luhan lied on his bed in his empty room in his empty house and put on his favourite song. Vanilla Twilight.

 

As many times as I blink

I’ll think of you…

 

Luhan sobbed quietly into his pillow as he usually did since the boy with the rainbow hair left. It was all hie could do when he had no friends at school and his true love was 6,843 miles away from him. Of course they tried to keep in contact but it was getting harder and harder to reach Sehun, until they just stopped. Sehun obviously made friends since he was always talking about them. It was always ‘Kyungsoo and Kai did this’ or ‘Baekyeol should just get married already’. Luhan was honestly a little annoyed but listening to his voice just helped him forget all the annoyance.

 

Luhan finally drifted off to sleep after some nights of insomnia (that used to be cured by Sehun just simply lying next  to him) and dreamt of meeting the rainbow haired wonder again. Knowing full well that that would never happen. Was he content? No.

 

Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly

But I'll miss your arms around me

I'd send a postcard to you, dear

'Cause I wish you were here

 

Luhan woke up the next morning with sunlight beams pouring over his room and illuminating the many pictures of Sehun that he had drawn in his restless nights. Breathing heavily and trying to hold in his tears (Sehun was right, he is a crybaby), Luhan managed to get out of bed and get ready for school. The walk to school was quiet but he remembered how Sehun would always be chatting about random things.

 

Walking through the school hallways, Luhan ignored the constant whispers he got everyday.

 

What a loner.

 

Hah, .

 

No one even likes him.

 

Didn’t even know he goes here.

 

He should just leave. He’s not wanted.

 

Luhan resisted the urge to go into a bathroom stall and cry because he had t stay strong for himself, but most importantly, Sehun. Sniffling, Luhan managed to get through all his classes by sitting in the far corner where no one would bother him. Even the teacher stopped calling on him after he saw the change in attitude in Luhan.

 

Luhan rushed home, wanting to be nowhere but his bed. He threw his backpack down when he noticed he had received a new email. Weird, he only ever received emails from Sehun.

 

From: sehunnie

 

To: LuLu~

 

Yah, guess what? I'M MOVING AGAIN! And all my friends are coming back too since our parents are business partners (don't worry, they don't bite). Anywayyyys, can’t wait to see my little LuLu after 5 years. 5 YEARS!! Aishh, my flight is gonna leave. I’ll be back in Korea on Friday! I expect lots of food! kekeke. K, byeee. Saranghaeyo!! <3


 

Luhan blushed bright red at the last sentence in the email and the heart emoticon. His Sehunnie really hadn’t forgotten him, and he was really grateful for that. Realisation hit him that Sehun was actually combing back and he couldn’t help but cry tears of joy.

 

The next few days was spent cleaning and tidying everything up. Before he knew it, it was Friday and the doorbell was rung. There hadn’t been any school that day so Luhan decided he would spend it with Sehun.

 

Luhan took a deep breath before he opened the door. 5 years is a long time. 6,483 miles a long distance. But Sehun was worth it. After all, Sehun is a very special person and Luhan had to have him. He’d decided that he had to tell Sehun his feelings one way or another or he would regret it. What if Sehun left again and they could never see each other?

 

Luhan opened the door revealing a tall boy with platinum blonde hair that was tucked into a black beanie with a simple white shirt and black skinny jeans finished off with black high tops. Luhan sharply breathed in as he took in the handsome boy’s appearance. He was lost in his eyes before he realised he was staring.

 

“Um… Are you gonna let me in LuLu?” Luhan snapped out of his wonderful gaze letting Sehun in. Sehun turned around quickly and pulled Luhan into a tight embrace, much to Luhan’s surprise.

 

“I’ve really missed you.”

 

“I’ve missed you too.” Luhan felt like he was going to die because his heart was beating so fast. Sehun let go of him, much to Luhan’s distaste, but he did something peculiar. He intertwined his hand with Luhan’s. Luhan couldn’t focus correctly because all he could feel was the sensation of his hand in Sehun’s soft big ones.

 

“I-I… Can we talk?” Sehun said. Surprising him even more.

 

“Um… sure.” Luhan led Sehun up to his room sitting down on his bed while Sehun looked at the drawings.

 

“You.. Drew all of this?”

 

“ummm, yes.”

 

“Wow, they’re beautiful.”

 

An awkward silence came between them when Sehun spoke up.

 

“Luhan… I….”

 

Luhan waited in anticipation, dreading to know what Sehun might say. What if he doesn’t want to be friends anymore? Luhan wouldn’t know what to do. Sehun was his only friend.

 

“I don’t know how to say that but… I’m in love with you. I’m in love with everything you do. I’m in love with how you bite your lip when you’re nervous. I’m in love when you tug on your shirt sleeves or blow hair out of your face. I’m in love with how you spent a lot of time just drawing me.”

 

Luhan cut him off by kissing him. Sehun was shocked at first but kissed him back loving how Luhan smelled like cinnamon and how soft his lips were.

 

“I’m in love with you too, silly. You talk so much.” Luhan giggled.

 

Sehun gasped in mock surprise.

 

“Please don’t leave again.” Luhan said, pouting as he laid his head on Sehun’s broad chest.

 

Sehun kissed Luhan’s hair. “I promise I’m not going anywhere LuLu. Who else are you gonna draw?”

 

Luhan decided he had a new song that wasn’t so lonely as Vanilla Twilight.

 

Speed of Love by Owl City

 

You were so hard to find, with oh so many clouds across my summer sky

You, my constellation prize, yeah, every single star is sparkling in your eyes



Decided to write this since I have NO inspritation. TT-TT Mihane subbies. I'll update soon. Anyways, kinda not happy with how this turned out. /: Is it okey? Comments are my favourites~ Thank you for reading~