1

Innocence and Confusion

It was late on a Wednesday night. Mark was working on his homework from his university class earlier that day. The raining outside was light but gradually picking up speed and force. Mark turned his head to look out the window at the rain. He turned his head back when he heard his work being pushed away and his kitten climbing on to his lap.

BamBam always did this when it was raining. It reminded him of the day Mark saved him; the day that he got permanent shelter and a caring owner, the owner that he absolutely loved. Mark let himself be pushed onto his back by his pet and wrapped his arms around BamBam as he lied down beside him. The hybrid’s happy purrs could be heard all around their shared apartment. Mark moved his hand down to the younger’s tail slowly, his other arm still wrapped around him. They stayed just like that for a few long moments before BamBam raised his head. He softly pressed his lips against Mark’s lips in an innocent kiss.

These types of kisses were normal, but nothing more than chaste kisses like this ever happened. Mark couldn’t lie, he had thought about it on multiple occasions, such as this. He would never go through with his thoughts though. The only reason they had kissed for the first time was because BamBam did it. Mark saw BamBam as innocent and fragile. He was scared of going further because of the chance that BamBam didn’t want it and it could scare and confuse him. That is the last thing he wanted. Mark was the only one that BamBam trusted and could depend on, without him, he would have nothing.

BamBam has rested his head on Mark’s shoulder again after the kiss and Mark had his arm wrapped around his love, thinking about their time together. It had been almost a year since he rescued the younger. Mark’s thoughts were interrupted by the sound of BamBam’s voice, but he didn’t catch what he said. He looked down at his pet and tilted his head, “Hm?” The hybrid buried his face in the elder’s neck and quietly repeated himself, “D-Do you love me…?” Mark stared down at him, taken aback by the sudden question. BamBam became worried and embarrassed by the long pause and started trying to sit up. Mark sat up and wrapped his arms around the other. “Hey, Bamie, I do love you. I wasn’t expecting you to ask, that’s why I didn’t answer right away. Where did this come from?” BamBam climbed back on Mark’s lap and brought his hand up to Mark’s best, his finger drawing random shaped on Mark’s chest through his shirt, “Well…When you’re gone to your classes I have to keep me entertained is the TV, and on TV, the people that love each other kiss in other ways and do other things…” he paused and looked up at Mark, “Why don’t we do those things too?” Mark sighed and pulled the questioning hybrid back closer to him, “The people on TV love each other in a different way than us though.” BamBam replied; the hurt lightly showing in his voice, “So… You don’t want to kiss me?” Mark puffed out his cheeks, trying to think of a safe way to answer. He finally said, “BamBam, that’s not what I meant, I-““But you said you don’t love me like that,” the younger interrupted. “I don’t but…” Mark said carefully, but before he could continue, BamBam stood up, stepping back when Mark tried to reach out to him, “You don’t want to kiss me then! You don’t like me! Just leave me alone!” BamBam ran into their bathroom before Mark could even stand up and locked the door behind him. Besides the entrance, the bathroom was the only door that was able to be locked.

Mark tried knocking and saying soft things to BamBam through the bathroom door, but Mark had no confirmation that the younger had even heard him. He gave up after about half an hour, sighing and walking down the hallway to their shared bathroom. He assumed that BamBam only needed time to calm down and he would be back to normal, or he hoped so at least.

He lied down on his bed, covering his face with his hands. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get BamBam out of his mind. He his side and closed his eyes, deciding to take a nap to take his mind off of his pet. The nap ended up lasting longer than Mark had intending.

When he woke up and looked at the clock, it read 10:00pm. He jumped out of the bed and ran down the hallway and to his bathroom, and the door was standing wide open. He stared at the open door for a while before moving into their living room, beginning to panic as he didn’t find BamBam in there either. When he checked in the kitchen, he wasn’t there either. BamBam wasn’t in the apartment. Mark quickly put on his shoes and left the apartment, not bothering to even lock the door behind him. The only thing on his mind was finding his love and bringing him back.

_______________________________

Uhh, yeah. Here.

Like I said, finals are getting to me.

So, I hoped you liked it and I'm working on the second chapter instead of studying for my last few finals.

^-^