Review: LynZy_G

Cherry Blossom Kisses ❤ Review Shop
tumblr_mmk00cO3Qy1rnqolfo1_500.gif 
Before Then It's After
Before Then It's After
 
LynZy_G

Reviewed at 5 chapters : Review Posted June 3, 2014

Story Title- 3/5 Somewhat draws the reader in however I found the title to be a bit confusing. I re-read it a few times in order to try and grasp it fully, what was the title trying to tell me as the reader. Don't let this be discouraging though because it is a very unique title and I believe sets the story's atmosphere well: both a bit hesitant and gives a sense of foreboding, as in this fanfic would have a little bit of angst inside. 

Description/Foreward- 8/10 The appearance of it is set up very nice, straight-forward and neat. Is in a nice font and what I really liked was that you changed the font color, good choice that matched well with poster and background. All together the description and foreward combined pulled me to want to read more because it was very captive but I would have liked a little more information about what your story is about exactly because although it would pull me in to read the first chapter I am not so sure I would have clicked the subscribe button with the description and foreward, if only because before starting to read I was not 100% sure what the fanfic was going to be about necessarily. 

Characterization- 12/15 Personally I did not find the main character relatable, this being that my personality is not the same but excluding that I imagine the feelings expressed by the main to be a tad off every now and then, along with a few other of the characters. I just felt while reading a sense of realistic reactions were lost, but to bring back my first statement I also found the main character to be on the distasteful side for me. Do not think for even half a second this is bad because on the contrary it is quite great! The fact that I found myself at odds with the main character had me want to read more since she behaved differently than I ever would meaning that I could really imagine her as a real person and not just a fictional one. In summary although at times it felt like things were just a bit too unrealistic to how a person really reacts, I believe you have done a good job at starting to develop each character as an individual, none were just plain impossibly perfect or anything which was excellent because I cannot stand Mary Sue's in stories. It is still the beginning so I say "start" because I understand you are not completely finished developing each character (to be honest I believe this task is never done haha because I feel writers consistently create and bring their characters to life throughout the entire story). 

Flow/Consistency- 10/15 I think you jumped around a little too much for me personally. You should take your time to give more details about a situation or setting, the flow in my opinion seemed a bit rushed or just plain too-fast for my liking. The consistency however was practically flawless, you used Korean words like "Oppa" and "Unnie" with excellent rememberance to use it always to the same people. You did not bring in a lot of romanization to my approval and when you did you used very common ones that most every kpop fangirl knows like "Omo!". At first (like I have mentioned haha forgive me it is just characterization applies everywhere it seems) I believed that the characters acted unusually BUT after reading more I started to understand more and get a good feel on them, they too were consistent with how you chose to portray each which was awesome ^_^

Plot- It is still so early in the story to give an accurate "grade" for this category but if insisted I will grant a score of 23/30 because you did a fantastic job at including conflict and solutions, a continual stride forward like in life which was great. Though I did find parts to be a little unreal, a little imaginary for a person's normal behavior like I mentioned already in the Characterization portion, this did affect parts of the plot in my opinion which took a little away from my enjoyment of reading. It is a personal preference obviously, some individuals do not even notice odd detailings like how would someone react in reality vs how they are behaving here--- I am just one of the odd bunch haha I enjoy a strong sense of realism when it comes to how a character behaves is all.

To note on another thing I was given a rather odd sense that the description/foreward was a tad misleading for me, I know this is just the beginning of the story so I cannot say much about what will happen in the future, so for me I guess I am trying to explain or advise to not be too afraid to reveal a little more of what's happening, you know? As an author myself I understand the inner-conflicts with oneself of what to reveal when and how soon? I just want to assure you that revealing just a tad bit more, giving the reader's some more insight to the events playing out in your story, will be okay and actually benefit you. 

To tie up this category I would like to lastly state that you portrayed emotions nicely, if you chose for the main character to feel sad then the reader's heart went out to her. Confusion then the reader was right there questioning the same things. This I believe was executedly delightfully well. 

Grammar and Writing Style- 13/15 Nothing major happening here, I just found a couple grammtical errors and at times that your word choice was a bit awkward, seeing other words or phrases as better fit. Some more editing will do to fix any/all mistakes made but overall is good. Your writing style is unique to you and I enjoyed greatly how you chose to describe certain things or situations. 

tumblr_mmk00cO3Qy1rnqolfo1_500.gif 
AUTHOR'S   NOTE:

 

Overall Enjoyment- 9/10

Reader's Response-  You had a very good comments section, averaging about 5 comments per chapter or 1 per day, which I thought was awesome because it shows how much your readers are enjoying what is going on in your story and are expressing how they feel. You should be proud of this :)

My own enjoyment for this is a bit low only because this is not in my preference however ignoring preferences just minor things about your story had me hold back to really be excited about it like your loyal subscribers, please do not feel offended by this or anything because your writing is still developing and you as an author are still growing and learning. I believe your writing will continue to become greater and greater because just taking me for example, I have grown in writing so much in a year and two years etc. So I really hope you continue writing, even after this fanfic is over and done-with, possibly long-forgotten because you have moved onto to other things haha but please be aware I see lots of potential in your writing :) 

Reviewed By: smartone

I hope this review was helpful :) don't forget to comment after reading and if have any questions or concerns about this review, if anything is unclear for you, then please comment or PM me!