Final

Bedtime Story

Yabu rubbed his face with his own hands as he tried to clear his mind. He’s gonna be sleeping on their living room, on the couch as Hanna got mad at him with Yabu’s usual teases.  And with that, he’s been forced by Hanna to sleep on the couch.

 

“Majide…”  Yabu groaned as he twisted and turned while lying down on the couch; trying to find a comfortable position. “A—AH- CHOOO!” It’s chilly in the living room and he forgot to bring his blanket, but then he can’t go upstairs because Hanna would get mad once she sees Yabu’s face again. Instead, Yabu just did his best to ignore the cold. He used his hands to rub his arms to help himself get warm.

 

“Mouuu… Why is this happening to her? She’s not usually like that. Why so moody? Aish!” Yabu continued to talk to himself and in a few minutes, he finally drifted to sleep.

 

--

 

Yabu woke up the next morning, the sunlight shining bright on his face, making it hard for him to open his eyes. A blanket was covering his body when he stood up—his vision a bit blurry.


“Hanna-chan?”

 

He headed to the kitchen to drink a glass of water when he noticed a note on the fridge. He recognized that the note is from Hanna.

 

“Off to somewhere with Keito for a while. Breakfast is ready on the table. Be back at lunchtime. – Yabu Hanna.”

 

“Tsk. Keito again?” Yabu scratched his head as he walked towards the dining table. He smiled when he saw his favorite breakfast Hanna had cooked for him. And beside it, another note was visible.

 

“Yabuta. I’m sorry about last night. I have a surprise for you when I get home ne? I love you. – Yabu Hanna.”

 Yabu smiled wider as he started to eat his breakfast.

 

--

 

“Tadaima…” Hanna entered their house and saw Yabu watching soccer on the living room.

“Hanna-chan, okaeri!” Yabu exclaimed and hugged Hanna as she approached him. “Where have you been? I got worried about you,”

“I went to the hospital,” Hanna replied before kissing Yabu’s left cheek.

“Eh? Why? Are you sick?” Yabu asked in concern as he examined Hanna around. “Are you okay baby??”

“I’m fine. In fact, I have a surprise for you,” Hanna proclaimed excitedly, pulling out something from her bag.

“What is this?” Yabu asked as Hanna handed him a photo. And in a few moments, Yabu’s eyes suddenly widened as if he just won the lottery.

 

“EHHHH?! REALLYY?!” Yabu exclaimed as he almost jumped in excitement.

 “Yes my dear. You’re gonna be a father, we’re gonna be a family…” Hanna hyped Yabu down and kissed him once again.

“So that explains your moody attitude huh?” Yabu lifted the girl and spun her around, his happiness unexplainable.

“Yeah, I guess so. I’m sorry about that,” Hanna giggled and hugged Yabu’s neck. “Put me down!”

“Hai, gomen.” Yabu carefully placed Hanna down and smiled. “I definitely will do my best to be a good father.”

 

--

 

“And that’s how happy I am when we found out that you are coming,” Yabu ended the story he was telling to a young boy, about 3 years old. His own son—Yabu Haruto.

“Eh.. Oto-san really loves me deshou?” Haruto poked his dad’s cheek and kissed it.

“Of course, you’re our angel.”

“Tell me another story, how did you meet kaa-san?”  Yabu just chuckled and kissed Haruto’s forehead before setting his son bed. “You’re one curious boy huh? It’s getting late, your mother would scold me again if he sees me telling you more stories. Now go to sleep,”

“Okay papa, goodnight. I love you…” Haruto mumbled before shutting his eyes close.

“I love you too,” Yabu kissed Haruto’s forehead once again before leaving the room.

However, he was stopped when he saw Hanna’s figure standing near the door.

“Is he asleep?” Hanna asked and smiled at Yabu.

“Yes ma’am, he is,” Yabu joked and placed a peck on Hanna’s forehead. “Now I think you should be resting too. Both of you would get tired,” Yabu continued as he caressed Hanna’s tummy.

He squatted down and began, “Ne aka-chan, be beautiful and healthy like your mother ne?” Yabu looked up at Hanna before placing a soft kiss on Hanna’s tummy.

“She will,” Hanna smiled and helped Yabu up. “Shall we go to sleep too?”

“Yeah. You’re tired with all the chores which I told you to not to do, but you still insisted,”

“I’ll be fine Kota. I can do it,” Hanna said before kissing Yabu’s cheek. “Don’t worry a lot ne?”

Yabu just ruffled Hanna’s hair and smiled before speaking.
“Yes  ma’am, whatever you say. But still no chores starting tomorrow,”

Hanna just laughed and nodded at Yabu’s statement.

“Yes sir…”

 

 

 

 

-OWARI-

 

a/n: another fic from me guys. Hahahaha. How was it? Mou, I'm REALLY trying my best. Believe me. :( Sorry if this is short, and sorry for all the errors. I don't proofread at all. Hahahahaha yoroshiku minna~ Write your comments! <3 :* みんな愛してるよ!