Final

Terrible Musician

     Her laugh broke the silence. I awoke. Her laugh was just in my dreams. The room was bare and chilly without her energetic, bright aura. It's missing the love there used to be. And it's all because of me. When people tell you, "Oh, it's okay - it's just a minor mistake," don't belive them. It's just a lie. It's all just a ing lie. Nothing will be alright after one mistake is made. Something will be different, no matter how small, it's different. 

Forcing myself out of bed, I follow my normal routine. This time, I do it slowly. Therey's nobody waitng for me. There's no plan. I'd probably just watch television, anyways. After taking a hot, steamy shower, I step out.
Leaving a trail of steam from the bathroom, I went straight down to the basement. The basement where we used to enjoy dancing together.
Everywhere I turn, I see the smiling face of Song Yoo. Her beautiful face. As I reach out to touch it,

she's gone... forever, out of my life.

 

 

 

As I wandered around the basement, I stopped at the music stand. The stand where all our music layed. Music with no lyrics, just an intricate melody. Slowly, I picked up my guitar and started strumming to the smooth, romantic melody. This melody was made for the song we were supposed to finish on our anniversary.

Each anniversary, we would add more notes to the melody and finally add lyrics. We didn't get to do that together, but we promised.

After the melody was over, I kept replaying it - promising to never forget this melody, promising to finish the song

So, I picked up my pencil and started humming to the tune. After a while, I started writing lyrics.

I give it to you. 
Although it was a bit awkward,
I want to give it all to you.
I give it to you -

To me, who sometimes cries and laughs,
It’s only you,
For you...

 

Picking back up my guitar, I strummed to the melody while singing to the lyrics written.

I like it

 

Gradually, I got the hang of writing the lyrics. A dedication of my late girlfriend. Not my ex, but my late. 
Because she will never be my ex.

I'd give it to you.
Although it was a bit awkward,
I want to give it all to you.
I give it to you. 

To me, who sometimes cries and laughs, it’s only you.
For you, the moment I first saw you -
With short hair and a pretty school uniform,
I only remember that image.

You can’t go anywhere.

You have to only look at me too.
I don’t know why my heart is like this,
I only think of you always - 
I’ll become a rhythm and a song...  
And sing it for you.

And so I recoreded the song, so I would be reminded of you everywhere I go. While having the song replayed, I slowly drifted off to sleep.
When I awoke, it was almost night, just a little past the afternoon - 4:27 pm. I got up reluctantly - unsure of where to go, or what to do. Slowly, I let my feet drag me to where I want to go, or where it wants to go. Gathering my wallet and guitar, I headed out. My feet started walking left down the street, onto a smaller, more private road. I am know walking straight ahead. 

In my sights, I see a cemetery. I walk straight to the grave - without knowing what I'm doing and sit in front of the tombstone of my late girlfriend. I take out my guitar and paper with the written lyrics.
Slowly, I started strumming and singing. I sang in my best voice possible. After the first three lines, I could barely sing anymore. My voice got shaky and cracky - tears are slipping down my face, blending in with the rain. I lifted my head and continued singing, letting the rain fall onto my face.

 

I don't know why my heart is like this,
I only think of you always - 
I'll become a rhythm and song...
And sing it for you

I finished the last few lines of the short song and sobbed to my girlfriend, saying silent prayers in my head. 
 

"I love you too, honey. 
No matter how far away I am - 
I will always love you. You 
had my heart and you will still
have my heart. Nothing can 
seperate us, becuase in that
moment - I swear we were infinite.
If I were a great singer and composer
like you, I'd sing and give it to you, too."

 

I looked up. My late girlfriend was there. She was smiling brightly as ever. I panicked, not knowing what to do. Ultimately, I asked her, "Where are you? Will I be able to see you again?"

She shook her head, "I need to cross to Heaven. I just want to see you one last time." she waved at me and smiled.

She disappeared.

"I love you more." I whispered.