Any Kind of Guy You Want

Any Kind of Guy You Want - Namjoon

Seven sweaty bodies tried to catch their breaths after a long day of dancing at the studio. Their chests sharply heaved up and down as their lungs tried to deliver oxygen to their starving muscles. Closing their eyes, they listened to the blissful silence letting their bodies rest. The extremely warm studio didn’t help as their bodies were coated in sweat, letting their defined muscles coat in their own sweat.

"Good job today boys, when you can pick yourselves up off of the floor, you can head to the dorm." Their manager said as he stepped over the bodies that laid around the room.

"Thank you manager-nim." They all tiredly announced in unison before the manager closed the door. With the loud echoing of the door closing, the boys let out a groan as some of them tried to get up.

All of their water bottles emptied hours ago and with no one having the energy to get more, their mouths were dried but as their breaths slowed slowly, the sun started to move in the sky.

Namjoon pushed his body to sit up and reach out to his bag, sliding it across the floor, he checked the time on his phone. His eyes got wide seeing that you were about to walk past the studio and that is when he usually walked with you the rest of the way home.

Getting up to his feet, his knees crackled as he stood up, feeling his sore muscles stretch, he let out a moan and picked up his bag as he stepped over his other members.

"See you guys tomorrow." He called, s moaned acknowledging that they heard him as he opened the door and walked through letting the door close behind him.

The long cool hallway welcomed him out of the hot studio, turning and finding the quickest way to the front doors, he hoped that he hasn’t missed you yet. Knowing that you would wait for him, the thoughts of you made a smile shine on his face.

Pushing the glass doors open, the dusk light happily welcomed him as a wisp of fresh air brushed past him. Goosebumps formed on his skin from the temperature change, he turned his head trying to find you though the stream of people that were heading home for the night.

Spotting you in the crowd, a toothy smile brightly shined on his face. Skipping down the stairs to the sidewalk, he found an opening and got in with the current of everyone on the sidewalk. Staying behind you, he tilted his head to one side as he wondered if the woman in front of his was really you. 

Your beautiful hair still flowed over your shoulders, the same outfit you wore this morning was still on the woman he was following but it couldn’t be you because there was this man in a suit next to you.

Furrowing his eye brows at you, he walked a little slower wanting to observe you from afar. Watching you smile and turn your head towards the mystery guy, listening into the conversation, he tried to convince himself that is wasn’t you but when you laughed at the strange guy, your laughter made all of the doubts fly out of his mind as he saw you as you with another guy.

Knowing that it was you, it was time for him to figure out who the guy was now. Listening into the conversation, he tried to figure out who he was, you two were talking and laughing about things that he had heard you talk about a little from your work at the office.

Okay, so now he knew where he was from but why were the two of them talking together?

About halfway home, he noticed how you were acting, with the blush coming onto your cheeks and your laughing so hard that you almost tripped off of the curb but he caught you with his arms around you and that is when Namjoon started to go crazy.

The guy stranger’s arm was around your waist as his other hand held yours trying to keep you balanced under the street lights that you starting to turn on.

The two both talked about a lot of things and as the light started to fade and the streetlights . Namjoon watched them getting further and further from them as the sidewalks became less and less crowded. Seeing you shiver, the business man noticed and offered you his coat, placing it on you he smiled as Namjoon’s fist clenched tighter together.

They stopped at the edge of a curb with a big puddle that was too large to jump over. Watching them talk, he took cover behind a light pole as he watched their predicament.

What he saw next shocked him, the man lifted you up and carried you over the puddle as you giggled, setting you on the other side safely, he and you both started to walk as Namjoon moved out of his cover and walked up to the puddle.

Staring down in the reflective surface, his eyes carefully moved over his own features. Sadness started to grow inside of him, looking up he saw you walking into the distance with that guy and he sighed, hanging his head down low again. Opening his eyes slowly, he looked at his own reflection as thoughts really swirled in his mind.

"I’ll become any guy she wants me to be." Namjoon promised himself, jumping over the puddle, he headed towards the dorm for the night.

Entering into the dorm, only a few members were there while the others were still dragging their feet inside. Determinedly he walked to his room, opening his closet he searched through his side while trying to find some clothes close to the ones that the business man wore.

"Suga!" He called loudly, hearing a groan from another room, he ran into talk to him, "Do you have a suit that I can wear?"

Suga’s head perked up at his request. “S-Suit?”

"Yeah I need it for something special, just until I can get one for myself." Namjoon asked with pleading eyes.

"I don’t think I have one of those." Suga replied

"We could help you make a suit looking outfit though." Jimin offered.

"Really?! How long would it take?" Namjoon asked desperately.

"Just an hour max," Jungkook chirped

"Can you please help me then?" Namjoon pleaded.

"Sure." Jimin shrugged his shoulders

"Yeah!" Jungkook jumped up finding a burst of energy.

All three of them headed back to the bedrooms, trying to gather separate clothes to form a tux looking outfit.

Laying some of the outfits on the bed, Namjoon tried on all of them before they found the perfect outfit. A white t shirt with a black leather jacket to cover the white shirt. Black jeans that were slightly worn and a bandana around his thigh that was tied tightly, but with white high top shoes to complete the outfit.

"Wow this outfit looks amazing!" Namjoon commented while looking at himself in the mirror. Jimin and Jungkook high fived each other at a job well done.

"I’ll be back later." He called out to s as he ran out the door, picking a single rose from the rose bush outside of their apartment, he walked to your place, trying to practice being like that guy that he saw you with.

Taking in a few deep breaths, he ran his fingers through his hair and smelling the rose in his hands before knocking on your door.

"Coming" Your muffled voice came from the other side of the door, his heart picked up as he tried to get into character.

"Hello" You opened the door wide seeing that it was your boyfriend. "What’s up, handsome?"

"Just you, angel." He giggled trying to keep his voice deep like the man he saw you with. Making you break out in a fit of giggles, you let him inside.

"Is that a new outfit?" You asked him as Namjoon nodded.

"I always like to try and impress you, ma lady." He says presenting the rose to you.

"Uh, thank you" You stutter not thinking that this is the same Namjoon that asked you to be his girlfriend. "Come in."

"How was your day?" He asks following you into the kitchen as you placed your single rose in some water.

"Just normal, I had a presentation today and it ran a little late so a guy from my office offered to walk me home." You added not wanting to keep anything from your boyfriend.

"Ah I see." Namjoon was acting totally different, trying to be civil more than silly and wanting to make you laugh.

"How was your day?" You turned the conversation on him feeling a little awkward with the way he was acting.

"You know, same old same old, just a page in the book of life." He says with a business smile.

Keeping your eyes on him you knew something was up but you didn’t want to burst his bubble quite yet. Seeing his smile made you feel just like you were in a room full of the suited men, an emotionless smile with a cold heart behind their cookie cutter suits.

"Did you work hard at dancing today?" You asked moving to get a drink for yourself and filling a glass of water for Namjoon too.

"Yes" He nodded his head while his hair barely moved on his head, sliding the glass of water in front of him, you sipped on yours while leaning on the counter behind you.

"May I have mine with a slice of lemon please?" Namjoon asked at one look at the glass. Tilting your head at him, now you knew something was wrong.

"Is there something wrong, Nam?" You asked setting your glass on the counter.

"Nothing is wrong." He tells you looking in your eyes, but his eyes told a different story.

"You sure? You don’t seem yourself, especially when I just got your favorite video game." You move to the refrigerator seeing if you had any lemons.

"You got the new game?!" He broke instantly when you brought up something his was interested in.

"It has really cool music to it that you would absolutely love" You smiled knowing that you were bringing out the real Namjoon that you loved.

"Really?!" His voice pitched higher in excitement but the he cleared his throat, returning back to the act that he had put on. "I mean, really."

Turning around you leaned over the counter and looked at him in the eyes, dropping your eyes you cut a slice of lemon for him and placed it in his drink.

"Where did my boyfriend go?" You asked softly.

"What do you mean? I’m right here." He tells you sitting up and puffing out his chest.

"No, I know you are here, but where is my boyfriend. The one that makes me laugh and why are you so formal all of a sudden?" You asked him picking up your glass and sipping it once more.

The room fell uncomfortably silent between the two of you, watching Namjoon’s eyes drop slowly, his tongue gently wet his lips as his fingers played with the cup on the counter.

"I’m just trying to be the person I thought you wanted in a boyfriend." He told you, pausing so he could find the right words. Watching the wheels turn in his head, you kept what you wanted to say inside of you until he got everything off of his chest.

"I-I saw you walking home today with the business man." Namjoon confessed. "I followed you all the way to my dorm, I was watching you laugh and smile with him. I watched you accept his jacket and carry you over the puddle, but the whole time I thought you really liked him. W-When I got to the dorm, I wanted to be the guy I thought you wanted so I dressed up and came over here pretending to be someone I am not just for you because I was jealous."

"Y-You did all of that for m-me?" You asked pointing at yourself. Namjoon’s eyes lifted and his head nodded as his hands pulled at the sleeves of his jacket.

"I did" He takes in a shaky breath, "I didn’t want to loose you" He adds in almost a whisper. The words that you wanted to say disappeared quickly as your body started to move towards his. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you moved your head into the base of his neck just lovingly holding him in your arms.

Wrapping his arms around you, pulling you closer to him, you sat on his lap as he still hugged you tightly.

"You’re not going to loose me." You whispered into his embrace, "I love you too much."

Nodding his head against yours, he pulls away to kiss your cheek. “What kind of guy to do want me to be?”

"Yourself"