One

We dated, hyung.

Himchan stretches his hands, yawning lazily as he wakes up in Jongups bed – once again after goofing around with the younger too much. His muscles feel stiff due to the odd position he had fallen into sleep, and he’s feeling a strong urge to drink a cup of coffee and spend the night awake – wasting time.  His carrier was in its peak and he knew it wasn’t fair to ask for a break; but the only way was to enjoy one when he was given it.

Himchan grins at how Jongup had his feet on his pillow instead of where they should be and had taken one of Yongguks tiggers to keep under his face. He pulls up Jongups sheet a bit to cover his shoulders and takes his feet down the youngers bunk and leaves a glance at the sleeping Junhong before he steps out, yawning.

He can hear Yongguk snoring in their room that Himchan wasn’t even bothered to check up on him. He was far from exhausted and nobody dared to interrupt him when he finally took a decent break. Himchan drags his feet sleepily to the living room, feeling odd that the lights were still on.

“Youngjae?” he asks in surprise, wondering why the younger boy was awake at this time of the day, reading a book; sprawled out on the couch. Youngjae turns his head to Himchan and yawns. Himchan passes the boy to their kitchenette, asking him why he was up so late.

The cup Himchan held in his fingers to pour himself coffee almost slipped off when he heard the reply. “Daehyuns’ not home yet.”

“What?” Himchan exclaims, and shakily puts away the cup. “Where is he?” he asks, worry too obvious in his tone. He quickly glances at the clock, and it’s past four AM. “When did he leave the dorm?” Himchan asks again, and Youngjae shrugs. “Around nine?” He answers doubtfully, and Himchans’ eyes run wide at the very tone of his answer.

Himchan quickly unplugs his mobile from the charger left on the pantry, and Youngjae scoffs. “Trust me, I tried. He’s not picking up.” He says nonchalantly, and Himchan furrows his brows at the vagueness in Youngjae. Aren’t these two best friends?

Himchan decides to call Daehyun anyway. The dial tone comes, and it rings, and rings, and rings, and keeps ringing until Youngjaes face turns into a ‘I told you so’ expression. However, Himchan frowns back and re-dials. This time, five rings go by – and Daehyun picks up.

“Yobseo! Daehyun? Where are you?” Himchan asks in his authority filled voice, and his angry eyes soften at the very first thing he hears.

A muffled sob, along with a hurried “Hyung…”

It must have been obvious to Youngjae the shaken expression that took over Himchan when Daehyun spoke back, and son his face clouded with worry too. Himchan met eyes with Youngjae, and he could just feel how worried Youngjae was internally.

“What happened, Daehyun? Where are you?” Himchan asks, his hand frustratingly combing his hair backwards already. The reply didn’t sound like their usual Daehyun at all, and it had scared Himchan enough.

“…”

Daehyun takes a breathtakingly painful time to answer that it takes effort for Himchan to not question further and further.

“I… can’t come back right now, Hyung. I’m… here.”

Himchan widens his eyes. “Here where, Daehyun? Come back home.”

Again, the silence kills him – and so does the longing look in Youngjaes eyes. The sudden strike in Youngjaes wide eyes makes Himchan understand Youngjae knows where Daehyun is taking about.

“Is… is Youngjae there?” Daehyun asks, and Himchan fusses his brows. “Yeah?” he replies and he listens to a sob again – and he has to admit that Daehyuns reactions are scaring the hell out of him. What happened to him?!

“…Hyung, please… Don’t bring him here.”  The tone of Daehyuns words are indescribably broken and hollow that Himchan inhales sharply at the sound of it. This was somehow not the same Daehyun that joked about of everything and Himchan was new to this side of Daehyun.
“Why not, Daehyun?”

 

…. and the line goes dead.

   Youngjae understands by the face Himchan makes at the phone in disbelief that Daehyun had cut him off. “Let’s go. I know where he is.” Youngjae says first, dumping his book and taking up a coat from the hanger. Himchan follows without a thought. “Shouldn’t we say we’re leaving?” Youngjae asks, and Himchan slowly pushes him off and locks the door. “No.” he sternly decides.

As Youngjae drives them in their mini-van, Himchan sighs. “Whatever’s gotten into  him, Youngjae! He asked me not to bring you.” He admits, and Youngjae turns paler at the statement. Himchan notices. As they drive in the empty roads at four AM, Himchan crosses his hands.

“Is there something I should know here, Youngjae?” he asks, and Youngjae shakes his head and keeps on driving. Youngjae pulls up the vehicle into a basement of a building of a great deal of floors, and Himchan is staring at Youngjae in disbelief. “What’s going on, Youngjae? What’s this place?” he asks, and Yongjae shakes his head.

“I’ll call a taxi and go home beforehand. Take care of Daehyun. He’s in the top floor.”

“Youngjae!” Himchan yells at his younger who gets down of the van before Himchan does and starts to walk out the way he came in, pointing at a stairway to the top. Himchan gets down and slams the door of the vehicle shut, and Youngjae turns in his heel to give Himchan a longing look, and sighs.

Himchan, knowing that Youngjae is going to speak up walks to him fast. He shakes Youngjae by his shoulders. “You know what’s going on, don’t you?!” he demands, and Youngjae brushes his hands off.

“We dated, hyung. Daehyun and I.” Youngjae admits, rubbing his cheeks after that. “You can judge us later, Himchan-hyung. It didn’t go well. It must have been his girlfriend now. That’s why he doesn’t want me here. Ok? Just…” Youngjae sighs deeply; and its obvious in his eyes how tired he is of all of this.

“…bring him back home, Promise me.” Youngjae finishes, exhaling deeply.

Himchan doesn’t reply, but Youngjae turns and starts to walk off, and Himchan doesn’t know his words to hold anything in place anymore. He understands though; that Daehyun had left the responsibility in his hands, and now he’s the only person who can bring the kid home.

He spares a glance at the dragging, lonely walk of Youngjae before he dashes at the stairs.

 

“Daehyun!” he yells, pushing a door with so much energy that it flies off the hinges at one end.

And Daehyun was there, doing nothing but staring down at the city from the top of  the building.

Himchan sighs, knowing that Daehyun was alright, and takes his steps lighter.

 

“I told you not to bring Youngjae.” Daehyun grumbles, and Himchan leans against the wall Daehyun was leaning on, and sighs. “He left.” He replies. “I know.” A stiffer reply follows.

Himchan lets Daehyun feel the air of the topmost floor for a few more seconds and sighs. “Let’s go back.” He calls, and Daehyun stares off into nothingness, and Himchan tries again, patting his shoulder.

Daehyun snaps away Himchans gentle taps and growls first. When Himchans surprised eyes meet with his, he sighs. He bites his lip for a second and scoffs.

“Youngjae’s right, hyung.” He mutters and Himchan pulls and arm over Daehyuns shoulder, pulling the two closer.  “About what?” he asks, taking his time. Himchan isn’t sure how to feel when Daehyuns eyes fill with tears, ready to fall off any moment.

“I’m pathetic.” He sighs away, wiping his eye from his thumb. Inhaling he scoffs. It sounds like a scoff that’s directed inwards; and the sound of it doesn’t please Himchan. “Daehyun, how can you even think of that?” He asks, his voice getting deeper than usual. It always happened out of concern.

 

 

 

-

AN: Ur, it suddenly turned out to be genre suspense....
A couple of chapters, if you dont mind?
They'd be short like this though.
.... wow, this sux.