The Only Tool to Fix My Life

The Only Tool to Fix My Life

Lee Jae Hyuk's and Jung Kimae's Dilemmas 

I remember…

The first time I and my twin brother, Hyukjae, saw the twin girls for the first time. We were three years old back then while the girls were just new-born babies. Seeing them in the nursery room made us very happy.

“Hyung, when I grow up, I want to marry that cute little baby with puffy cheeks. And we’ll also have twin son and daughter. Wouldn’t that be great?” I can still clearly remember what Hyukjae excitedly declared that time. Something suddenly came to me that made me feel goosebumps upon hearing it. I smiled confidently. He fell in love… at first sight… with that girl. I even thought that he was not serious, but I think Hyukjae kept his word.

Seeing as how he walks happily through the streets now, I know he has achieved the biggest goal in his life. And seeing him as he carries a bouquet of pink roses, I know already where he’s heading to. Aigoo… Lee Hyukjae. I never really thought that he would fall head-over-heels like that for a girl. I really thought he was just a rude, bad-boy type guy who never takes love seriously. But, looking at him right now, I guess I was wrong.

Ehem! Excuse me, Mr. Lee Jaehyuk. For your information, Maejin also fell head-over-heels on him.

Alright baby girl. I know, I know! Aish, I was trying to make the aura dramatic. You actually screwed it Miss Jung Kimae!

Oh, sorry baby boy. My bad. Hehe. Okay continue, continue.

He excitedly took his phone out of his pocket. “Hello,” he greeted casually, trying to sound like he doesn’t miss the person on the other line.

“Wae, jagi?” the person on the other line greeted sweetly.

Hyukjae momentarily break into a wide grin but immediately went back to his serious expression (still with a hint of resisted smile). “Are you still busy? What time are you going out?” he asked in a somewhat cold tone.

“Hmm… why? Do you miss me already?” the girl asked cheekily.

“Aniyo! Yah, I just saw you a while ago! Why do you think that I miss you already?”Hyukjae exclaimed in a defensive tone. The girl just chuckled that made Hyukjae feel butterflies in his stomach. How he loves hearing her sweet chuckles. It’s a soothing melody to his ear.

“*chuckles* You’re so adorable. Uhh… we’ll be out by 10:30. The recording won’t be finished soon.” she said sadly.

Hyukjae silently made a victory ‘yes!’. That means his plan won’t be ruined.

“Oh… is that so? I’m sorry Maejin-ah. I won’t be able to finish my work soon too and can’t fetch you later. We haven’t finished the choreography and I think we’re going to stay here until… 2 a.m. Yes until 2 a.m.! I’ll just send Donghae there later to fetch you alright?” he reasoned out while playing with the rose petals. He tried to sound normal. 

*mere silence*

 He heard no reply from Maejin.

“Yah… Maejin-ah!”

“Oppa… are you sulking?” Maejin asked too slowly.

“What? No, I’m not! I’m telling the truth! I’m also busy! I’m very sorry Maejin-ah…” Hyukjae said in another defensive tone.

“Yah! Don’t even try to fool me Lee Hyukjae! You’re sulking, aren’t you? You’re not even calling me ‘jagi’ like you used to!”

‘It’s because I’m going to call you my wife soon,’ Hyukjae thought to himself.

“Yah… stop following your instincts. I’m telling the truth this time. I have to hang up now okay? I just called to tell you that I won’t be able to fetch you. I’m sorry again. I love you…”Hyukjae cooed.  

*mere silence*

“Maejin-ah…” Hyukjae muttered.

“Yah! You’re forgetting something Lee Hyukjae!” Maejin yelled at him.

“What is it this time?” Hyukjae asked tiredly.

“*sighs* Never mind… I’ll hang up now… I love you too… take care…”

And with that, Maejin ended the call. Hyukjae slightly laughed. “I’m not forgetting anything, Maejin-ah… later will be our first anniversary… I know it very well,” Hyukjae said to himself as he browses something with his phone. After a while, he put it on his ear.

“Yoboseyo Donghae-yah!” he greeted cheerfully.

“Yes, yes, yes! You don’t have to remind me. You’ve already said a few times that I have to fetch Maejin later,” Donghae greeted back with a bored tone. Hyukjae just chuckled.

“Komosumnida Donghae! You’re the best!”

“Yeah I already know that. *laughs* I mean, it’s nothing. Just make sure your operation proposal will be successful as the Eiffel Tower was built,” Donghae reminded. And with that, Hyukjae grinned his biggest.

 

Now, baby boy, you’re through with telling Hyukjae’s plans. It’s now my duty to tell… what happened to them before they end up as a clingy, lovey-dovey couple.

The whole story?!

*=_=* My golly, Jaehyuk-oppa! How can you be so stupid? It’s the author’s duty to tell the whole story and our only duty here is to make a preview of it! My gosh! Do you know how to listen to instructions?

Okay, okay. Calm down! I’m sorry! You can proceed now.

Just years ago, Hyukjae’s life was wasted. He lost many important people in his life. He also lost the meaning of life to him. That time also, he was losing Maejin. He chose to let her go for her not to be affected by the misfortune of his life.He wanted to protect her from the dangers that his presence might cause her. Being a naïve in love, he pretended he hated her. He even told Maejin that she was the reason of his misfortunes. But Maejin didn’t give up. She proved Hyukjae that she’d be there whatever happens. Sad that she attempted to move on, but her love for Hyukjae was just so strong that she wasn’t able to forget him. In the end, Hyukjae chose to fight for his love. And that love was Maejin. Maejin proved that she was the only tool to fix his wasted life and soon, Hyukjae realized that. Against all odds, they faced the challenges of life together and they’re ready to fight for their love ‘til the end.

That’s all?

Yes that’s all. *smiles*

I fell short.

*=_=* You have to wait for the author to write the whole series. By the way, why are you acting like you didn’t know what happened to them?

Hehehe. I’m just reacting on behalf of the readers.

Aigoo.

Wait, why is our story not included here?

LEE JAEHYUK YOU’RE SO STUBBORN! Didn’t I tell you that we have to wait ‘til the author publishes the whole story? Can you please wait?

 

Narrator’s Dilemmas

Maejin sighed after ending the call. She was saddened by the fact that Hyukjae totally forgot about their anniversary. In fact, they just compromised yesterday. They had a fight about ‘moving-to-other-place’ affairs and that might be their worst fight so far. Maejin sighs again for the nth time. They’re relationship isn’t really going well these past few days.

“Nuna-yah… stop thinking about Hyukjae-hyung. He already loves you,” Changjo suddenly called out while reading some scriptures. Maejin just restlessly propped her chin against her palm.

“For now… I don’t think so…” Maejin said that made Changjo widen his eyes.

“Wae nuna? Did hyung cheat on you?” Changjo asked in ridicule. Maejin rolled her eyes at her dongsaeng’s narrow-mindedness.

“It’s not like. It’s just that… I think our relationship becomes worse and worse as the days pass by. I’m afraid he’ll turn cold to me again like what he did before…” Maejin explained. Changjo gave her a ‘srsly-unnie?’ expression.

“Ayyyhhh… unnie… do you know what is that called?” Changjo asked, trying to help out to their situation.

“What?” Maejin curiously asked. She honestly, badly needs someone to talk to right now. Changjo pushed his chair near Maejin and leaned towards her.

“Trauma,” Changjo silently said. Maejin gave him a face.

“What nonsense are you talking about?” Maejin asked in annoyance.

“Ayyhh unnie! Can’t you get it? You were just afraid that he’s going to be cold to you again that’s why you’re acting like that,” Changjo whined at her.

“Hey kiddo! You don’t know the real situation so stop acting like a love doctor or something!” Maejin nagged as her expectation fell.

“That’s my point nuna! You won’t tell me the complete details! Tell me. What is the real situation?” Changjo nagged back.

“We fought a few days ago and it was actually a little…worse than ever… I mean, it took few days before we compromised. Then just a while ago, he called. He wasn’t calling me ‘jagi’. He even forgot that it’ll be our anniversary later.” Maejin told him, then she heaved another sigh. Changjo’s expression then saddened also.

“Aigoo nuna… maybe he was just still affected by your fight. Don’t worry much. Sooner or later he will remember that it is actually your anniversary.” Changjo tried his best to console his nuna.

“I hope so too, dongsaeng.” Maejin gave him a sad smile.

“Oppa! You arrived!” Maejin called out then gave Donghae a hug.

“Ne. Hyukjae won’t actually stop bothering me to fetch you today.” Donghae greeted back while hugging her. By the mention of his name, Maejin lowered her head.

“Hmm… what’s with that sad expression? Care to tell me why?” Donghae asked, somewhat having a clue why. Maejin once again sighed.

“Hyukjae-oppa…” she muttered. Donghae rolled his eyes.

“Just as I thought. Don’t think over that much. He’s really busy tonight.” Donghae comforted.

“That’s not my issue with him oppa. He forgot that it’ll be our anniversary later.” Maejin complained, slightly whining. Donghae stared at her for a few seconds.

“Seriously Maejin… even I sometimes forget about I and my girlfriend’s anniversary but I tend to remember it on the actual day at least. The same goes with Hyukjae.” Donghae lightened up. Maejin just gave him an unsatisfied pout.

“He used to tell me his plans for our anniversary but now he’s already forgetting about it. Why are you guys like that? Ahhh whatever.” Maejin entered the car without waiting for Donghae’s reply. Donghae couldn’t do anything but to laugh silently. He should not spoil what Hyukjae’s planning to do tonight.

During the trip, Donghae took the chance to ask Maejin what they fought about few days ago. The couple was really silent about that issue that they never talked about it with their close friends.

“Tell me. What did the two of you really fight about that time? Why did it take a few days for you to compromise?” Donghae asked.

Maejin took a deep breath before answering. “It’s just… umm… he wants the both of us to… move to another place.” Maejin simply answered. Donghae quickly glanced at her with wide eyes.

“What? Just because of that?! I can’t think of anything disputable with that issue. How did that cause the two of you to fight?”

“I… declined.” Maejin confessed?

“What?! But… why?” Donghae confusedly interrogated.

“You know oppa, we really don’t have to move from that unit. We’ve made many memories there. That unit means a lot to me. Many great things happened there and I’m expecting to make the future memories there…” Maejin’s defensive side strikes.

“Then what made the situation worse?”

“He still insisted. We just argued at first. But then I got mad at him because he seems not getting my point. And he didn’t seem to care if I’m mad at him or what. He just continued ignoring me. Aish! It makes me angry remembering it.” Maejin ranted.

“Aigoo Maejin… if you only know…” Donghae murmured.

“Know what?”

‘Donghae your mouth!’ Donghae scold himself.

“I said if you just know how Hyukjae loves you, you won’t think like that…” Donghae reasoned. Maejin mouthed.

“I know… I’m not just so sure…” Maejin said silently.

“Not so sure huh? Well, let me make you so sure. Do you remember when we were in highschool, you always received a mysterious pink rose right?”

“Yes I remember that.” Maejin answered confusedly.

“ It was Hyukjae… who sent you those…” Donghae revealed. Maejin looked at him with wide eyes.

“H-how did you know? How sure are you? I-I really thought it was…” Maejin stuttered.

“Aigoo. Even though I studied in the province when we were in highschool, I was still updated by the happenings in your life. It was because of Hyukjae. We never lost contact. And besides, when you dumped your ex-admirer, you still received roses right?”

Maejin was in a deep thought. “Therefore…” she murmured.

“Yes Maejin. He has loved you that long…” Donghae assured her uncertainty.

Maejin can’t help but smile. All this time, it was not an unrequited love that goes in between them… it was just an unsaid mutual love.

“See… I made you smile.”

“No… Hyukjae made me smile.” Maejin stuck her tongue out.

“Yah! You should put credits to my part. Afterall, I’m the one who revealed that secret!” Donghae almost whined. Maejin can’t help but to chuckle at his silliness.

“Wait oppa. Where do you suppose to take me? This is not the way home!”

“Well, let me just call this ‘the new way home’ ,” Donghae declared. And without even waiting for her reply, he stepped on the break. “Go out now Maejin-ah.”

Maejin just stared at him.

“Yah! Get out of my car now.” Donghae said in a threatening tone.

“Where the heck are we, Donghae-oppa?” Maejin’s about to lose her temper. All she wants now is to go home and wait for Hyukjae to come back from work because she thinks she needs to talk to him.

“Home.” Donghae scooted closer to Maejin. “You see that green gate? Enter that one. Of course you also have to enter the house for you to see the inside.” Donghae continued as he points at a particular gate in front of them.

Maejin glared at him one last time before finally going out of his car. She abruptly closed the cardoor before heading to the green gate that he’s talking about. She slowly took her pace to the main door of the house. It was so dark and just to tell you, Maejin is a nightblind. She couldn’t see anything clearly except that dim light coming from the house. She pressed the doorbell that she managed to see due to the small light at the entrance. She was totally anxious and clueless. She didn’t even know why she followed Donghae’s instructions. She just trusted her instincts. When she heard no response, she hesitantly twisted the door knob, which was surprisingly unlocked. With a great confusion, she entered the house. No… it’s not just simply a house, it is a very beautiful house, just the way she wanted. She looked at her footsteps only to see pink-rose petals scattered around the floor. She gasped. Pink rose is her favorite flower. Suddenly, her phone rang.

“Yoboseyo jagiya!” the person on the other line greeted sweetly.

“Hyukjae-o-ppa…” Maejin stuttered. She’s totally confused of what’s happening.

“Are you at home already?”

“N-no… I’m not yet. Wh-where are you? Can you come here?”

“Hmm… I’m home already. It’s a shame that I got here first, right? I’m sorry.” Hyukjae sounds like he’s teasing.

“Wh-why are you like this Lee Hyukjae?” Maejin is now really confused and anxious at the same time. Suddenly, she heard foot steps coming from the staircase. She took a few steps backward.

“Jung Maejin… do you know that I like playing games?” Hyukjae said cheekily.

“Y-yes of course. I know that very well.” Maejin chose to ride on. After a few seconds, a figure of a tall, slim guy appeared. As for the dim light, Maejin couldn’t entirely see who the hell that person is. But one thing’s for sure – he’s a guy… and he looks freaking familiar. She just realized that the phone call ended. She suddenly felt scared. She’s a coward weakling and she gets scared easily. ‘What if this guy’s a ripper? What if this is all a trap?’ Maejin thought, still her phone placed on her ear. “H-hyukjae-ah…” she stupidly called out even though the call has already ended. The figure slowly made his way to her, making Maejin unable to move. She just dumbfoundly stayed on her place. “J-jagiya!” she called out again but this time, it was a little bit louder. Her tears were about to fall as the man closes the gap in between them. But still, she stuck on her place. She became paralyzed. She tightly closed her eyes, not wanting to see what will happen next.

The said guy held both her shoulders. This time, Maejin’s tears already fell. She felt really scared. She was thinking of her plans in her life. She was thinking of Hyukjae.

“Maejin-ah… it’s just me.” The guy called out. Maejin abruptly opened her eyes and saw the man she loves right in front of her, holding her shoulders. She hugged him tightly and started to cry really hard. She really was afraid and badly needed Hyukjae.

“Yah it was just me. Do you think that I would let Donghae bring you somewhere else to harm you? Aigoo Jung Maejin! Stop watching suspense movies from now on.” Hyukjae said as he caressed her back to calm her down. Maejin immediately released the hug to glare at Hyukjae. She then slapped his chest hard that made Hyukjae yelp.

“You’re so bad Hyukjae! You should’ve told me you’re here when you were on the phone. Why did you let me get scared?” Maejin whined. Hyukjae laughed softly at her cuteness.

“Yah! I really told you a while ago that I’m here…”

Maejin looked at him in confusion.

“I’m at home...” Hyukjae simply explained. That was when Maejin came to realization. She looked around the house then back at Hyukjae.

“I-is this place where you want us to move?” Maejin was amazed.

“Yes jagi… I want you to know that I understand why you don’t want to leave that unit, but please understand also that I just want what’s best for our future family. It has always been my dream to have my own house and lot where my children can roam around happily while I and my wife calls that space a ‘home’, a warm and cozy home. And I’m hoping to have it with you, Maejin-ah.” Hyukjae lovingly hugged his girlfriend who was in the midst of tearing up. Suddenly, his phone vibrated. He took it out and looked at Maejin after seeing the screen. He slowly showed up his gummy smile. “Happy anniversary, my Jung Maejin…” he simply greeted. He then grabbed her by her waist and gave a sweet peck on her lips. Maejin completely let her tears fall down. She was beyond thankful for having Hyukjae in her life. Loving him is worth all the pain and miseries.

“Happy anniversary too, my jewel,” she greeted back while crying. She also gave a peck on Hyukjae’s lips that caused Hyukjae to be a little bit shocked but then he grinned his widest. How he loves the taste of her sweet lips, even though it was chaste.

“I still have one more present…” Hyukjae said, still having Maejin in his arms. Maejin looked up to Hyukjae while pouting.

“What?” she asked.

Hyukjae then released her. He slowly knelt down and took something from his coat pocket. Maejin gasped upon seeing a small box. Hyukjae slowly opened it and looked straight into her eyes.

“Jung Maejin. I’m going to ask you the hardest question you’ll ever encounter in your life…” Hyukjae started with a hint of tears forming in his eyes. Maejin’s tears on the other hand flows continuously from her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

With a trembling voice, he asked that fateful question. Maejin was then about to faint. Those were the long-awaited words she’d been waiting to hear from Hyukjae.

“Babo-yah! That isn’t the hardest question I ever encountered… it was the easiest. Lee Hyukjae… I love you so much. And of course, I would be a fool if I’ll say no.”

Hyukjae cried, with the hearty smile plastered on his face. He took the ring from the box and lovingly wore it on her fiancé’s ring finger. He then stood up to give his beloved a hug. She immediately hugged him back. After a few seconds, they released the hug.

“I love you too, Jung Maejin… so much…”

He had her again jailed in his arms. He slowly closed the gap between their faces and soon, he invaded her lips. It was a slow passionate one. They expressed their overflowing love to each other by the kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

Eeeeee!! I really hope you all enjoyed! I'll be posting the trailer of this series soon, i hope you also anticipate for it. Did you enjoy Jae Hyuk and Kimae's narration? you'll know about them more soon. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! Let us all support our suju oppas for MAMA 2014 and of course for their 'This Is Love' special album.

 

 

LEAVE A COMMENT AND MAKE ME HAPPY ^_^

 

LOVE YOU ALL AND I'M SURE HYUKJAE DOES~

 

~janelle_kpop98

*Good night! I need to sleep :3*

 

twitter.com/anchoviousjae

instagram.com/anchovioushyuk