Chapter 1-Two can play the games you play

Maybe Tomorrow,But Not Today

Hundreds of raindrops covered the big windows of the little café we were sitting in.I leaned my head on the cold glass hoping it would ease my pain.My headache was gradually getting worse and my mood had dropped completly.Fortunately,the sound of rain made it a bit more bearable and of course the person who sat in front of me.

 

Closing my eyes,I took in the scent of delicious coffee and pastries.This place was really something special.It was warm,comforting and cozy and the coffee was just too tasty.The best coffee I had ever tasted.

 

It was my second home and so was it his.

 

"You shouldn't have come.In a state like this you should have rested at home.Taking care of yourself.“,his deep voice was cold and distant.Nothing new.Yet I was used to a more gentle Taekwoon.Especially when we were here.

 

"I'm fine.I'm not a child and I know my condition better than you,so relax.Besides it seemed ike you had something important to say".It annoyed me sometimes that he still considered me as a little girl who was naive and reckless.

 

Silence followed and this too was usually a normal thing between us.Usually.But today the silence seemed to indicate awkwardness and a certain distance.The whole atmosphere was tense and I felt a wall between him and me.A wall that I haven't felt for the past 2 years.

 

Slowly opening my eyes,I looked at the handsome male who stared absent-minded through the window,his chin rested on the palm of his hand.Brows furrowed and lips pressed.The usual serious and intimidating look.His hair nearly covered his eyes,the fringe styled,making him look even more appealing.The sharp features of his face and the beautiful but dark eyes completed the image of the typical "cold and mysterious guy".He was just too handsome and attractive,for his own good.

 

I could look at him for hours and I would never get enough.For me he was an imperfect masterpiece.Imperfect because his eyes denied to show his true emotions.His mask was invincible and became a part of himself.Slowly averting his gaze form the world outside to me,he gave me one of his piercing looks which were capable of making people shiver with fear.

 

"Still.Watching you makes me feel exhausted.",his words were like thorns.Unavoidable when you desired his presence.

 

„Well,you don't have to look at me if you hate it so much!",my bad mood took controll over me.

 

"Why did you even call me if you're obviously so annoyed?"

 

He arched his brows.I never took my anger out on him but today everything seemed different.Silence followed by his deep sigh and questioning gaze.I didn't look away.This would be my win.

 

Folding his arms together,he looked down at his empty coffee mug.

 

„I....I wanted to make something clear.I...."I was unable to hide my surprise.Taekwoon,the taekwoon whos nickname was Leo because of his resemblance to a lion,was stuttering and searching for words?

 

It was the first time I saw him like this.Taekwoon always knew what to say.It was as if his brain knew exactly the response of the people he was dealing with.His sharp tongue and undeniable intelligence gave him the power to put everyone down.Everyone.This was an exception I had never seen and unconsciously I tensed,my hands gripping my half-empty cup.

 

I was anxious.

 

He cleared his throat and finally lifted his head giving me an expression I couldn't quite understand.

 

“We have reached our limits",he stated calmly.

 

“WHAT?!",my voice was louder than I had intended it to be.The attention of the whole café was on us.I bowed apologetically to the people nearest to us and after a pause everyone resumed to their chatting.“What?",I repeated.This time it sounded more like a whisper.

 

"I feel like we're drifting apart and wasting time with this relationship.It will only bring pain and disappointment to us.“The bomb dropped.I was shocked but my expression was blank and controlled.A similarity I shared with him.Outside I put on the mask I've been wearing all my life,especially in ugly situations like this but inside I felt like I was set on fire.A fire whose flammes wrapped around my heart tightly making it ache.

 

He waited.I didn't know for what.I would never give him a response.

 

“We should break up."

 

As soon as this sentence escaped his mouth I caught a glimpse of immense relief on his face before the familiar mask appeared again.These were the words which were burdening him this whole evening.Sharp and honest,like always.His voice was controlled,not letting out any emotions.Two could play this game and I joined him.

 

“Well,if that's your decision,I accept it.Thinking about it you are probably right.We ARE drifting apart.I guess it's useless to continue watering a flower that has died long ago.Let's break up."How proud I was of myself.My voice was stable and sounded nearly heartless,the words as hurtful and resentful as his.

 

We continued our staring contest as we sat in silence.I felt like a stanger.

 

The emotions were boilling inside of me and I knew that I wouldn't be able to endure them any longer."Good",he finally said.He gave an approving nod.And so did I.Lifting myself from the seat,I towered over him and bid my farewell.

”If that is all...I'm planning on going home.I guess I really should rest.”Giving him a small smile,I grabbed my black handbag.As I searched for my purse,I felt his hand on mine.

”I'll pay."It was merely a whisper.The sudden touch took me by surprise but I regained my composure immediately.A small bow and I already headed for the exit.I turned around once more wanting to take one last glance before leaving but only his back was facing me.

I swallowed the bitter feeling of neglect and made my way out of the warmth.I guess the memories I had of us together would turn bitter just like the black coffee he liked to drink.

 

I guess we were back to the beginning

 

when we both were strangers.

 

The rain hit my face as I proceeded walking home.

 

With hasty steps I made my way into the dark and empty streets of a town I was so fed up with.

 

One more reason to leave.

 


Author's Note:

Hey,so this is the first chapter of my first fanfiction.Nothing spectacular.

But it gives a little glimpse of the characters and their personality.I promise you it will get interesting with many twists ;)

And no,Leo won't be a jerk ;) although his way of breaking up with someone is surely not very considerate.

I'm already writing the next chapter so I guess I will update soon.

I appreciate every single comment :)

and I hope you'll like it ^___^