I'm Gonna Marry Her Anyway

I'm Gonna Marry Her Anyway

I'm Gonna Marry Her Anyway

 

 

Eunji woke up with a smile on her face. She looked beside her, it was her love of her life. Son Naeun. Today was an important day for Eunji. 

 

"Naeun-ah… Will you marry me?" Eunji asked her as she sat across from Naeun. 

 

They were having a candle-lit dinner at a restaurant that Eunji had rented for the whole night. Naeun was surprised by the sudden proposal. 

 

"Mmmm… No." 

 

"WHAT?! WHY NOT?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVE ME?!" 

 

"I do! But… you have to ask my father's blessing." 

 

"Ahhhh… Arraseo. After that, we'll get married okay?" 

 

Naeun just shrugged. 

 

Today, Eunji was going to ask for blessings from Naeun's father. Naeun woke up.

 

"How long have you been staring at me?" 

 

"Mmmm… I don't know." 

 

"Why were you smiling?" 

 

"I'm so lucky to have you. You're so beautiful." 

 

"Jiii~ Close your eyes." 

 

"Wae?" 

 

"Cause I wanna go to the bathroom." 

 

"Eii. I've seen everything. Why are you shy now? You weren't shy yesterday. In fact! You were screaming my name!" 

 

"UNNIE!"

 

"YEAH! Like that!" 

 

Naeun just glared at Eunji. Eunji laughed at kissed Naeun's forehead. 

 

"Alright. I'll close my eyes." 

 

Eunji said as she close her eyes. Naeun sat up and Eunji opened one eye, only to get a pillow thrown at her face. 

 

"No peeping!" 

 

"Aish!" 

 

Eunji's office. 

 

Eunji was looking at the time. It was almost lunch time. She couldn't pay attention to board meeting. Naeun was at home. She wasn't working. Her father thinks that Naeun is too precious to make her work. He thinks that a girl like Naeun shouldn't work. He thinks that whoever is gonna marry Naeun should be able to support her. Eunji smiled. She was perfect for that. She has her own company,which is one of the most successful companies in Korea. Eunji kept staring at the clock, she stopped after getting knocked by a set of papers. She looked up and glared at the person. However, she stopped after she saw Chorong with a set of papers in hand. 

 

"Did you even know what happen during the board meeting?" 

 

"Err.. Of course! The hotel profits went up right?" 

 

Eunji got knocked again. Bomi who was beside her just laughed loudly. Eunji glared at Bomi which caused Bomi to stop laughing and pretended to cough.

 

"Not the hotels! The new shopping mall, we're gonna build!" 

 

"Ahhhhh…." 

 

"But Eunji-yah, why did you keep staring at the clock?" 

 

"Ahh. I'm gonna ask for blessings from Naeun's father." 

 

Bomi and Eunji high-fived. Chorong just rolled her eyes and made her way out of her room. 

 

"Yoon Bomi, follow me! You're buying me lunch!" 

 

"Eish.. Bomi-ah, why are you married to that woman?" 

 

"Heheh. Love is blind, Eunji. I love her. I have to go! Good luck!" 

 

Eunji looked at her watch and rushed to her car. 

 

 

Saturday morning, jumped out of bed

and put on my best suit

Got in my car and raced like a jet

All the way to you

 

Eunji stopped by the wine shop to get red wine before going to Naeun's house. 

 

Knocked on your door 

with heart in my hand 

To ask you a question

Cause I know that you're an old fashioned man

 

Eunji walked up to Naeun's front door. She knocked and Naeun's father opened. 

 

"Aish. You again?" 

 

"I didn't come for Naeun,sir. I came for you!"

 

Naeun's father looked confused. Eunji then brought out the wine that she bought. 

 

"For you,sir. I know how much you love red wine." 

 

Naeun's father opened the door wider, to let Eunji in. Naeun then went down the stairs. Her eyes widen when she saw Eunji. Eunji waved however her hand got stopped by Naeun's father. 

 

"Naeun-ah, go to your room." Naeun's father commanded. 

 

Naeun pouted and went back up. Eunji stared at her. She then remembered her initial intention. 

 

"So what are you doing here for me, Eunji-ssi?" 

 

"Oh please, call me Eunji, sir." 

 

Mr.Son just nodded.

 

"ermmm… I came to ask a question." 

 

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life

Say yes Say yes cause I need to know

 

"I came to ask for blessings to marry Naeun." 

 

Mrs. Son ,who brought drinks for both Eunjji and Mr.Son, squealed. Mr.Son glared at her. 

 

"Say yes, yeobo! Eunji is a kind-hearted girl. She has her own company. Isn't that what you want for Naeun? Someone who is responsible and will love Naeun forever. They've been together since they were in high school!" 

 

It became quiet. 

 

"No." 

 

Eunji's smile was immediately erased from her face. Mrs.Son, frowned. Naeun, who was eaves-dropping, gasped. 

 

You say I will never get your blessings till the day I die

Tough luck my friend but my answer is "NO!" 

 

Eunji stood up and bowed to both Mr. and Mrs. Son. 

 

"I understand, sir. But know this, I'm gonna marry her anyway." 

 

Why you gotta be so rude

Don't you know I'm human too

Why you gotta be so rude

I'm gonna marry her anyway

 

"What?! Why did you come to ask for my blessings in the first place?"

 

"Because that's what Naeun wants. Don't worry, I will prove to you that I deserve Naeun." 

 

Eunji bowed again and made her way out of the house. She got to her car. She looked up and saw Naeun. She called her. 

 

"Babo-yah." 

 

"Don't worry. I'll make your dad accept me somehow. Now, come down. I haven't eaten my lunch." 

 

" Arraseo.." 

 

Soon, Naeun was out of the house. Mr.Son, was behind Naeun. Naeun quickly ran inside Eunji's car. Eunji smiled and quickly move out of the lot. 

 

"Yahhh!!! Jung Eunji!" 

 

"I'll bring her home before dinner!!" 

 

"I swear that girl. Eeshh." 

 

Mrs.Son just laughed. 

 

 

Marry that girl

Marry her anyway

Marry that girl

No matter what you say

Marry that girl 

and we'll a family

Why you gotta be so rude

 

 

In Eunji's office 

 

Eunji was hovering over Naeun. They were lying down on the sofa in Eunji's office, making out. Naeun pulled away. 

 

"What are you going to do about my father?" 

 

"Molla." 

 

Eunji answered and continued kissing Naeun. Naeun pulled away again and stared at Eunji. 

 

"I don't know maybe make him tired of this question and maybe he eventually give in seeing my effort." 

 

"You know, I'm not gonna marry you until my father says yes, right?" 

 

"Oh my god. Is this what I have to do to marry you? Don't you have any other conditions?" 

 

"Nope! My dad is my hero,Ji-ah. He sacrificed a lot for me. His approval is important to me. Do it for me,please? You love me,right? You won't give up on me?" 

 

Naeun was beginning to cry. Eunji wrapped her arms around Naeun. She kissed Naeun's crown. 

 

"No. I will never EVER leave you. I love you too much to let you go." 

 

Naeun lifted her head and kissed Eunji's lips. 

 

"Send me home, you said before dinner and you have work." 

 

They both stood up. They stopped by Chorong's office. Eunji opened the door and saw Chorong sitting on the table. Legs wrapped around Bomi's waist. Eunji whistled. Chorong and Bomi pulled away quickly. Bomi quickly button her shirt.

 

"YAH! This is a workplace! What do you think you're doing?" 

 

Chorong confidently turn around and threw a set of papers at Eunji. It hit her right in the face. 

 

"Why do you always have a set of papers?!" 

 

"Don't tell me you weren't doing the same thing as us in your office!" 

 

Eunji wanted to fight back but Chorong was half right. If Naeun didn't pull away, they might have done it. Naeun just laughed. 

 

"Arraseoyo, unnie. Continue. Enjoy~" Naeun said as she locked the door and closed it. 

 

"Gaja~" Naeun said and linked her arms around Eunji. 

 

 

 

 

The Next Day 

 

I hate to do this

you leave me no choice 

I can't live without her

 

"Ji-yah.. Where are we going?" 

 

 

"To get married."

 

"MWOH?!" 

 

"Relax! Relax! It's too scare your dad. He's behind us." 

 

"How did you get him to follow you?" 

 

"He's been following us ever since I started dating you." 

 

Naeun's eyes widen and she looked back. It was indeed her father. 

 

"Mian." 

 

"For what?" 

 

"My dad." 

 

"There's no need to be sorry. I understand where he's coming from."

 

Eunji stopped the car in front of a church. She got out and opened Naeun's door. She asked Naeun to link arms with her. At the corner of Eunji's eyes, she saw Naeun's father rushing to get out of the car. She smirked. Naeun and Eunji quickly stand at the altar and pretended to say the vows. 

 

 

Love me or hate me

we will be boys 

Standing at that altar

 

"STOP! YAH JUNG EUNJI! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" 

 

"Praying. Right,Naeun?" 

 

Naeun just smiled and nodded. 

 

"Mwo.. Mworago?" 

 

"I'm not marrying your daughter without your blessing. But know this, if I have to I will run away with your daughter." 

 

or we will run away to another galaxy you know

you know she's in love with me

She will go anywhere I go

 

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?

Say yes say yes cause I need to know 

You say I'll never get your blessings till the day I die

Tough luck my friend 

cause the answer's still no

 

Why you gotta be so rude

Don't you know I'm human too? 

Why you gotta be so rude

I'm gonna marry her anyway 

 

Marry that girl 

Marry her anyway

Marry that girl 

no matter what you say 

marry that girl 

and we'll be a family 

 

Why you gotta be so rude

 

 The next few months, Mr.Son was still not budging. Naeun felt sorry for Eunji. Therefore, Naeun decided to help Eunji. She was grateful that Eunji didn't give up on her. Naeun collected all the newspapers that had Eunji's company successes, she took out the bank book that Eunji gave her and told her that she can use the money for her shopping expenses and not to take from her own father. Naeun heard the door bell. She went down then she saw Eunji's face really really serious. This was unlike her. 

 

"Annyeong Naeun-ah. I just came to ask your father's blessings one last time." 

 

Naeun frowned. 

 

"Last?" 

 

Mr and Mrs Son looked at each other. 

 

"For the past 3 months, I've been trying to prove Mr Son, that I'm worthy for you. I deserve you. It's obvious that Mr.Son is not impress with me. It's obvious that he thinks I'm not good enough for you. So now, I hope that he will find the best candidate for you to marry." 

 

"Mr.Son, I'm asking you for the last time, can I marry your daughter?" 

 

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life 

Say yes say yes cause I need to know

 

 

Silence…. 

 

Naeun looked at her father with expectation. 

 

Silence… 

 

"No." 

 

You say I'll never get your blessing till the day I die

Tough luck my friend but "NO!" still means "NO!" 

 

 

Eunji looked up and smiled. 

 

"I understand, Mr.Son. Thank you for your time." 

 

Eunji then turned to Naeun. 

 

"Mianhae, Naeun-ah. I broke our promise. I'm sure there is someone out there that is better than me." 

 

Eunji turned around and made her way out of the door. 

 

"ANI! EUNJI-AH! NO! GAJIMA! NO EUNJI! YOU PROMISED!" 

 

Naeun pulled Eunji back with all her strength. Naeun knelt down and pulled Eunji with her. 

 

"YOU SAID YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE ME! NO! DON'T LEAVE ME,EUNJI-AH!" 

 

Naeun looked up at Eunji and saw that she was smiling, indicating that this was a plan. Naeun frowned and shouted even louder. She slapped Eunji's chest and face. It was an act and also to scold Eunji for scaring her. 

 

"Mianhae,Naeun-ah." 

 

Eunji pulled away from Naeun and quickly ran out of the door. Naeun cried even harder. Mrs.Son, wrapped her arms around Naeun, while glaring at Mr.Son. Mr.Son just looked at Naeun and at the door, where Eunji just went out. 

 

"I never hated you in my life, DAD. But today is the first time, I'VE HATED YOU APPA!" 

 

Naeun got up and made her way to her room. She locked the door and wiped her tears. She turned around but got pinned by someone. She opened her eyes and saw Eunji who was smiling at her. Naeun smiled too but quickly frowned. She slapped Eunji's chest again. 

 

"THAT'S FOR SCARING ME!" 

 

"Shhhhh! Your dad will hear." 

 

Naeun calmed down. 

 

"Woah.. My baby can be an actress." 

 

Eunji wiped Naeun's tears and kissed her. Eunji pulled away and kissed Naeun's eyes. 

 

"Know that, I'll never make you cry like today." 

 

"Promise?" 

 

"Promise!" 

 

"Good, it's tiring." 

 

Eunji smiled and pulled Naeun to sit on the bed. She frowned and saw all the newspaper articles.

 

"What is this?" 

 

"Ahhh that. To help you. TO show to my dad you do deserve me. I'll only love you, Ji-yah…" 

 

Eunji smiled and messed Naeun's hair. 

 

"Now, I have to continue my act! I have to show this to my dad." 

 

Eunji and Naeun stood up. They hugged. 

 

"I'll call you later?" 

 

"Better." 

 

Naeun collected all the articles and of course the bank book. 

 

She waited for Eunji to get down from the window. She opened her door and went to her dad's office. She slammed the articles down. 

 

"Those are all the articles of Eunji's successes. And this is her bank book. She said that I can use all the money from here so that I don't have to use yours. Up till now, I didn't use any of it but she still kept insisting. She bought a lot of stuff for me. All that I want even if I want to use my own money! Why is money so important to you? Don't you care about my happiness? Eunji makes me happy,appa! Why can't you see that?" 

 

Naeun sighed as she began to cry again. She went out of her father's office. Mr.Son, just looked at all the articles and read them. He looked at the bank book too. His eyes widen. He was finally impressed that a 27 year-old earned that kind of money.He sighed and thought about what Naeun said. He doesn't ever want to see his only daughter crying like how she did before. It hurts him. He sighed. He picked up the telephone and called someone. 

 

The Next Day 

 

Eunji was doing her paperworks and thinking of how to improve. Suddenly, a knock came. 

 

"Come in!"

 

"Eunji-ah. Naeun's father is waiting at the waiting room. Do you think it worked?" Bomi asked. 

 

Eunji looked at her and smiled. 

 

"I don't know. What do you think?"

 

"I think it did but let's not get our hopes up and go meet him." 

 

Eunji stood up and wore her blazer. She made sure,she looked presentable. She breathed out loudly. 

 

"Let's go!"

 

Bomi walked in front of her. She opened the door. 

 

"Mr.Son, Miss Jung is here to see you now." 

 

Mr. Son stood up. 

 

"Please sit, it's not nice of me to make you walk to my office. Bomi-ah, two cups of coffee please." 

 

"Yes,Miss Jung." Bomi smiled and closed the door. 

 

"What brings you here, Mr.Son?" 

 

Mr.Son just stared at Eunji. Eunji felt uncomfortable. 

 

"How do you plan to have your wedding?" Mr.Son asked. 

 

"At the beach cause Naeun always said that she wants to get married on a beach. The altar's gonna be blue and white. Her dress will be short as she doesn't really like it long. I'm gonna wear a black suit with a baby blue tie of Naeun's choice. The catering food will be seafood. Then there will be an activity where we'll release a lantern to show that our love will fly like the lantern. We never know when the sky ends and also the lantern follows the wind. Like the lantern, we hope our love will be infinite and no matter what problems we face, we will stick together and face it." 

 

Suddenly, they heard someone sobbing. They turned around and saw Chorong crying. Bomi came in and saw that Chorong was crying. She took the tray of coffee and put it on the table in front of Eunji and Mr.Son. Bomi then guided Chorong out. 

 

"Why aren't you as sweet as EUNJI?!" Chorong screamed and slapped Bomi's shoulders. 

 

Bomi smiled sheepishly at both Eunji and Mr.Son. Bomi bowed and pushed Chorong out of the door. 

 

Silence…

 

"I realized, everything is according to Naeun." Mr.Son said. 

 

"This is gonna be her only wedding so I wanna it the way Naeun dreams it to be." 

 

Mr. Son stood up. Eunji stood up too. Mr.Son, patted Eunji's shoulder. 

 

"I underestimated you,Jung Eunji. Now, come let's go home and meet Naeun." 

 

"Errr. Mr.Son?" 

 

"Let's plan the wedding date!" Mr Son exclaimed and smiled at Eunji. 

 

A/N: Here it is! There was something wrong with my internet. Sigh. Chuu. Tell me what you think!