Final

He'll Come Back

Luhan stared at Ziyu who was sleeping on his lap. He is so beautiful. He doesn’t know what he and Sehun did to have an angel in their lives. It’s too early for Ziyu to be sleeping, but Luhan doesn’t have the strength to move him.

He looks like an angel when he’s asleep.

Luhan then looked at the front door and sighed. Sehun just left. He just packed his bags and left. No explanations. He just walked out with a hardened look on his face. Luhan began to Ziyu’s hair while he reminisced about his dying marriage. He and Sehun rarely talk without arguing, even over small things. Their marriage is so strained to the extent that they can’t look at each other’s eyes anymore. Luhan tried to reach out to Sehun. He really did. The only thing they could agree on is Ziyu. Ziyu is their everything.

A tear escaped from his eyes and it fell down on their son’s cheeks. Luhan tensed then sighed in relief when his son didn’t stir from his sleep because of it. Luhan leaned his head on the headrest of the couch and thought of everything he had failed at.

He and Sehun were fighting all the time, until that one night, they both snapped. Their fight was so volatile that they almost end up fist fighting. They only stopped when they heard Ziyu crying and coughing. Luhan stormed out the room and went straight to Ziyu’s room to comfort him. He wants to cry with his son, but he can’t. He doesn’t have the right. It’s their fault why Ziyu is suffering. Luhan made his son sit on the bed and gave him more Robitussin for his cough. I hope you’ll be better soon. Luhan tucked his son on the bed and sang him a lullaby. Ziyu’s breathing slowed down, and he’s out.

Luhan looked at his son sleeping on his lap before looking up the ceiling and asked himself.

How could Sehun leave me?

We were everything to each other…

Luhan closed his eyes and whispered, “He will come back.” He knows Sehun will. He can feel it. My Sehun will come home. Luhan kept repeating the same sentence in his head like a mantra while his son’s hair.

This is all because of him.

Luhan stopped his son’s hair and clenched his fist. Everything that happened is because of Sehun’s secretary, Junmyeon. They’re having an affair. Luhan tried to win Sehun back. He’s still trying. He won’t stop trying. He’ll do everything. Everything. Luhan knows Sehun would be back. Sehun is his. No one could ever claim him except Luhan.

Luhan’s thought were interrupted when Ziyu stirred from his sleep. His angel looked up at him with sad eyes.

“Bàba, daddy is not coming back.” Ziyu’s voice is so angelic and heartbreaking at the same time. Luhan shook his head and smiled at his son. “He’ll come back to us, baby. I promise.” Luhan began to his son’s hair again. Ziyu closed his eyes.

Luhan kept his eyes on his son and continued his hair. He heard loud and heavy knocks on his door, but he just ignored it. His focus was on his son. The footsteps down the hall we’re still ignored by him.

The policemen surrounded Luhan and took Ziyu from his lap and the empty bottle of Robitussin on the table beside the couch.

Luhan knew he screamed.

Sehun, where are you?

He knew he screamed and thrashed around, but he didn’t hear his own voice. What he only heard was Ziyu’s words.

“Bàba, daddy is not coming back.”

Four policemen were yelling at him, while the other two gently placed Ziyu inside a black bag.

My poor baby. Luhan thought. Ziyu had such a hard day. He was sick. His daddy left them. However, Luhan knows his child is happy.

“Bàba, daddy is not coming back.” Ziyu is wrong. Luhan knows his son is wrong. His daddy doesn’t love Junmyeon. Sehun is his.

My angel. He had such a hard day. Luhan continued to stare lovingly at Ziyu as the man zippered the black bag his son was in. “Tomorrow will be better,” Luhan whispered. “I know your daddy will come back.”

He is mine.

 

--

a/n: I'm so sorry...