Le Prolouge

Changing

"So, do you think you will be able to come over later? I really need you to help me finish this English project. I can't do it all on my own, you know." Miyoung asked her friend, Taeyeon, as she lounged on her queen sized bed.

 
"I can try Miyoung, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not. My lousy grandmother is coming over. And you can speak fluent English so it shouldn't be that hard! I've already contributed....a little. But still! English is one of my toughest classes!"
 
Miyoung stifled a laugh, as she remembered just how awful her friend was at the subject. Turning her phone on speaker, she grabbed a bottle of pink nail polish from her bedside table. "Oh no. Don't think you are getting out of this one. I don't care how bad you are at English. You can at least draw the illustrations." She said, as she began to carefully paint her pinky toenail. 
 
"Ugggh, fine. But only because I love you. Now I'm going to have to come up with some lame excuse to leave while my grandmother's over. What the hell am I going to say?!" Taeyeon groaned over the phone.
 
"I don't know. Tell them you forgot your favorite stuffed dukong over at my house when you slept over last night, and that it was urgent that you picked it up today." She suggested. It was actually a pretty good suggestion, considering her friend couldn't sleep without the damn thing. 
 
"Okay,Okay. I guess I'll see you later. Peace out Hwang Miyoung." Taeyeon said, ending the call without letting her say goodbye.
 
"Wonder who pissed in her Cheerios this morning." She thought out loud. After she finished painting her toenails, Miyoung went downstairs to the dining room after hearing her mom call her down for dinner.
 
"Wow mom, smells good!" She complimented as she took an enormous whiff of the meal in front of her. Steak and french fries. One of her favorite meals since she was a kid. Although it's rare that they eat American meals like this since they moved to Korea, Miyoung still loves it. It didn't take long before she started to dig in, as though she hadn't eaten in months.
 
"Hey Leo, would you kindly turn on the T.V? I don't want to hear Miyoung chomping on her food any longer." Her dad joked and received a death glare as a result. If only looks could kill, her dad would be 6 feet under. "Haha, very funny dad." She said, chewing loudly just to get on his nerves. The loud, unpleasant  noise from the T.V broke their little feud. 
 
"What the hell..." Her brother said, causing everyone to take a look at the television. Tiffany felt a chill go down her spine as she saw the large,bold letters on the television spelling out, BREAKING NEWS. Ever since the war between the humans and the vampires broke out, she has been on edge. Always feeling unaware of what is going to happen. 
 
"Leo turn it up." Her dad said, in an uneasy voice. 
 
"As all of you know, we have been in an unresolvable conflict with what most of you know as vampires. I am reporting today to tell everyone that they should take shelter. The Army has been unable to stop the vampires from passing through our barricades around the country and they are coming straight for Seoul. We don't know what is going to happen when they get here, but just pray for the best. We've been notified that they have already done damage to some rural cities and there has already been 8 victims reported as dead. So please, take shelter. The nightmare everyone had at the back of their minds is finally here. This has been Park Gyuri reporting, thank you." And with that, the screen went fuzzy.
 
                                                                         ----------------------------------
Heellloooo my dear readers! I am so sorry it's taken me this long to even get a prologue written!:c i sincerely apologize for that and will try my best to get crackin' on those chapters!:P I've been out of state for a few months staying with my cousins, so I didn't really have the time to write:/ but now I'm back so yay!c: Thanks for reading!(If you even actually read this far xD) and I hope to update soon! Subscribing and Upvoting would be nice too ;)