Twist

Kiss & Twist

“Wake up Eun Mi. The last bell has rung. Let’s leave”. It was Suzy,  my best friend.

I  pulled myself back to the sitting position. My neck joints were aching due to the long sleep leaning on the desk. Since I was sleeping on my cheeks it had got the imprint of all the holes and bruises on the desk. Rubbing one side of my face I asked Suzy.

“How long have I been sleeping?”

“For the last two lecture hours” Suzy said with a grin.

All the students had left the class. If Suzy were not there I would be sleeping in the class till I woke up in the midnight and found myself trapped inside the classroom.

“Come on let’s go. Luhan is waiting  Suzy said impatiently. There were sparks of excitements in her eyes. I just rolled my eyes on her. Since the start of second semester. And the start of her relationship with Luhan, he was always in every conversation and always was the highlight topic.  

We went to the schools canteen. Some of our friends were already seated. Beakhyun and Chanyeol were having a mini food fight by theirselves. And Tao was busy catching every flying food in the air and immediately putting it in his mouth.     
Kris was busy scolding Chanyeol and Baekhyun because a piece of lettuce got stuck in his perfectly styled hair. 

And then Luhan, he was waving at Suzy and signaling her to sit next to him. I could tell Suzy blushing hard, just because of her small giggle. 

She drags my arm and we both ran towards hell. 

Suzy was a carefree girl. She was the only daughter and was treated like a princess in her family. At school she was also the schools princess. Everybody loved her. And everybody wanted to be her. She was rich and smart. The cheerleader captain and the student body president. She dated the most incredible popular guy in school, Luhan. And they were head over heels in love with each other.  

And here's where I come. The third wheel. Suzy's best friend that nobody approves about. I was nowhere close to any of Suzy's perfection. 
I'm not pretty, more like the typical norm. I'm not in any sport (hated the extra work). Not in any extracurricular activities (hated staying after school). I just plainly straightforwardly hated school. Period. 

We've been friends since kindergarten and even though I hated the spotlight that I'm constantly in, I'm not going to ruin that friendship, even though I would rather hid under a rock. 
She was my rock every time I felt like melting into sand. She was my best friend. And nothing will come between us. 


"Yo. Yo. Yo. Watsup yo." Chanyeol chirp at me as I sited next to him. 

I gave him a small smile and grab my packed lunch Suzy has prepared for me. Yup. One of the things I loved about Suzy, her obsession with cooking. It was an amazing obsession alright. I could order anything from her and she would cook it. 

"Wow. Packed lunch." Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun stated amazed. 

"Yup. Suzy made this for me." I proudly replied. Yup. I was actually proud to have such an amazing best friends. We were sisters and probably closer than any real sisters are. 

"Amazing. Of course expected from the princess itself." Baekhyun complimented Suzy. 

"I wanna taste Suzy's food as well." 

"Don't worry Baekhyun I'll make you some." Suzy patted his head. 

"No you can't Bacon. That's only reserved for me." Luhan shot a glare to Baekhyun and gave Suzy a quick kiss on the cheeks. 

"Arghhhhh your so over yourself. Just say your jealous." Tao chirped in. 

"Ya! When am I ever jealous!" 

"Just right now." I bluntly spit out. 

The whole group started laughing so hard. Because of Luhan being caught off guard. 

"Well, aren't you cute." Luhan reached across the table and squeezed my cheeks together. 

"Ya! Your not aloud to do that." I shouted at him. 

"Yes. I can." 

"No. You can't." Aish. I hated him. 

"You two. Stop having couple fights. And Eun Mi eat your food. You too Luhan." Suzy said, scolding us both. 

I went ahead and dug my chopsticks into the kimbap. Awwww so good. 

"Do you like it that much. Your making "ohhh" sounds. And your face look like you could go to a food commercial right now." Suzy said teasing me. 

"No. I hate it. I hate you." I said and went back to eating. 

"I love you too." Suzy replied. 
"But I love you more." Suzy said facing Luhan. 

"Ohhhhhh young love." Baekhyun sighed. 

"Ya! You talk like a old-creeper grandpa." Kris smacked Baekhyun's back. 

"What! Your just angry because I ruined your Mr. Hotshot hair!" 

"No. I'm not. 

"Yes. You are. 

"No I'm not." 

"Not you two also. You two are worser than a teenage quarreling  couple. You guys are like a married couple trying to strangle each other." Suzy both teased them. That stopped them alright. 

"Eunmiieee can I have some of that kimbap?" Tao tried persuading me with his fluttering panda eyes. Seriously. 

"Here." 

"Yay. Thanks eunmiiee!" 

"Stop with the nickname. It's giving me serious chills." 

Why in the first place did i even sign up with this. The people in this table are total pain in the .  

"Sehun, where are you going?" I looked over Suzy and back to Sehun standing up. 

"Why? Why do you care?"

I could tell the irritation in his voice.  This guy, seriously what's his problem. 

"Well-uhm, you haven't eaten yet..." 
Suzy replied back. 

"It's none of your business what I do." 

This guys. What is he trying to do. His really pushing his limits. 

"Hey, man chill. She's my girlfriend. Take it easy on her." Luhan said wrapping his arms in Suzy's shoulders to comfort her. 

"Sorry. I gotta run." Sehun walked away. 

Suzy's faces brightens. She buried her head into his chest. As I look at them. I could see Luhan looking directly at me. I didn't like the feeling even a bit. Why is it starting again. Everything again. I can't feel this way anymore. 

"Uhm. I also have to go." I got up and didnt even bother explaining myself. 

"Wait. Where are you going?" Suzy shouted after me. 

"Sorry. See you in class." 

I ran as fast as I can. I needed to get away from there. Fast. 

"Why now? Why are this feelings coming back?" 

I can't be having this. Not anymore. No. I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to get hurt anymore.