The way to get there

If You're Not the One (REMAKE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well.. there's nothing wrong about it." Amber butted in behind Minzy and Dara who were talking seriously with each other.

"Why are you here? Don't you have a practice?"

Amber sits beside Dara and replied. "We don't have.. Chaerin is up to something."

"How is she doing? I forgot to call her this morning.."

"You forgot?" Minzy asked confused.

"It's not intentional alright? It's just happened that I'm too focused watching my father doing his thing." Dara immediately defended herself.

"Wait. So Chaerin is still not aware about of what your father told your mother about her? Is that what you're trying to say?" Minzy said.

"Yes."

"You should tell her immediately. This is a very serious issue.. you know?"

"I know I know. But I can't contact her anymore.. her phone was off."

"Until now?" Amber asked in between her sips of her ice coffee.

"Yeah. Did she tell you where she's going at?"

"She never told me. But she said that it is important though.."

"Hmm.." Minzy tries to think. "You know what? I do have an idea.."

"What?" Dara and Amber asked in unison.

"Maybe she's going to meet your father."

"HAAA?" Dara asked. Getting almost everyone's attention inside the cafeteria. "No.. no.. no.." she stood up and prepares to leave.

"Wait! where are you going?" Minzy stops her immediately.

"I'm going to follow her. I know dad.. he could told Chaerin to stay away from me." Dara said in finality not minding the scolds from her friends.

 

Later that night

 

                Dara was failed to catch Chaerin, Chaerin left already just when she reach their company. She attempted to call Chaerin right away but the latter never answers her calls and text messages, leaving her worried as hell. Still bug by the thought that her father already confronted Chaerin about the *women stuff* that he is saying, she can't help but to think about it second by second.

                Dara took a glance at her wristwatch, probably checking the time. It's already 9 in the evening but Chaerin wasn't still contacting her making her worried more. Actually, she has this urge of crying this time.. but she is preventing it. Mr. Park isn't home yet, and Dara think that he might not be home anymore for today as he was too busy preparing stuffs for his upcoming projects for this month in his company. Somehow, Dara wants to think that the talk happened between her father and Chaerin was just all about the projects coz of the co-partnered thing about their companies but she can't help to think about the second thought behind it. Just by the way her father acted this morning, Dara knew that he's getting weird, that something is bugging him. Sitting at the wooden bench in front their house, Dara heard a couple of honks coming from the very familiar red car that is now approaching it's garage through the next house.

 

"Chaerin." Dara whispers as she stood up from her seat.

 

                She waited until the car parked and then Chaerin came out from it. After getting out of the car, she immediately approach a very concerned Dara.

 

"Hey.. what are you doing here outside? It's cold.. you might get sick." Chaerin said her soft voice.

"Chae.. Where did you go? I can't contact you.. I'm so worried."

Seeing this, Chaerin fastened her steps and hug Dara. "I'm sorry. Something just happened.. I.." she paused letting Dara to leaned back lightly up-facing her.

"Dad talk to you.." Dara muttered with a sad tone.

Sighing, Chaerin answered "Yeah." stepping backwards loosening her hug from Dara. "I thought you were mad at me that's why I decided not to contact you. After I talked to your Dad, I went to Bom's apartment to check her."

Realizing the situation, Dara distance herself from Chaerin but her eyes don't want to take off of her. "Did you talked with her?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter