Welcome Home

Watergun Fight

            She grinned widely as she tidy up her condo, humming along to the music that was coming out from the radio. It has been a month and finally her fiancé was coming home from his tour. Being the main vocalist of a popular boy band called BAP, it was hard for them to see each other, but you know what they say, good things happen to those who wait.

            She glanced at the clock hanging by the wall and gasped; it was 6:30. He was supposed to be home in fifteen minutes. A small yelp escaped her lips as she quickly ran to the kitchen and washed the dishes. After she was done, she quickly scribbled something into a notepad, tore it out, and placed it on the kitchen table.

            She smirked wickedly as she imaged her fiancé’s face when he sees the note. She patted herself on the back.

            “I am so awesome,” she giggled as she ran into hiding.

-x-

            Jung Daehyun wanted to do nothing more but to eat his fiancée’s cooking until he could feel his stomach burst. He quickly punched in the passcode to her apartment complex and stepped in.

            “Jagi, I’m home!” he sang happily, extending his arms and waited for his beautiful soon-to-be wife to run into his embrace. A frown etched onto his face when she didn’t respond to him. “Jisoo, are you home?”

            Silence.

            His frown deepened as confusion colored his face into a blank expression. Maybe she had work today? He glanced at the clock, it was 6:50. Even if she did, the latest she’ll be home was 20 minutes ago.

            He took off his shoes and threw his belongings onto the sofa before making his way to the kitchen. His brow rose as he saw a note on the table. He smiled when he saw her neat handwriting on the paper.

Welcome back, Yeobo<3!

Two things:

One, this gun with ammo is yours

Two, I have one too and you’re under attack as of…

 NOW!!

            Daehyun shook his head at her childishness, but he couldn’t hold back the grin that was threatening to take over his face. He grabbed the gun and smirked.

            “Mrs. Jung Jisoo,” he yelled from the kitchen, “it’s on!”

            He quietly tiptoed into their bedroom and sneaked into the bathroom. When he saw the shower curtains were covered, he grinned.

            “Got—,” he yelled as he tore the curtains away, “cha…?”

            He blinked.

            The shower stall was empty.

            He growled lightly as he ran out of the bathroom to check underneath the bed. Just as he crouched down on the floor, cold water hit his back, and he let out a loud yell. He whirled around just in time to see her running into the kitchen, giggling like a school girl. He got up, almost slipping on the wet spot on the floor before he ran after her.

            He hid behind the wall that separated the kitchen and the living room and saw his petite fiancée crawl underneath the table. Grinning widely, he tiptoed his way over and at the very last second, he sprung forward, extended his arm out under the table and pulled the trigger. He heard the gush of the water, but no scream.

            “Dammit,” he muttered under his breath.

            Daehyun turned around just in time to see his fiancée standing right behind him, her gun extended out and a wide smile on her face.

            “Hey, babe,” she sang before pulling the trigger, letting the water soak his face.

            Daehyun sputtered before falling backwards onto the floor, and Jisoo tackled and straddled him, taking this chance to continue attack him.

            When the last of water was out, she jumped straight up and ran towards the nearest bathroom and locked the door.

            Daehyun scowled as he wiped his face with his soaked t-shirt and waited outside of the bathroom quietly. When she stepped out of the bathroom, she let out a tiny squeal when she saw her fiancé stood outside the bathroom waiting for her, a victorious smirk graced his handsome face.

            “You think you’re slick, huh?” he asked as he attacked her with his gun. She screamed as she tried to dodge the cold water. He continued to attack until she was drenched. “Take that!”

            Just as the last spray of water came out from the gun, Jisoo ran towards him, tackling him to the floor and sat on his stomach, pointing her gun at him.

            “Okay!” he shouted, dropping his gun and raised his hands, “I give up! Have mercy!”

            Jisoo narrowed her eyes and Daehyun couldn’t help but notice how much he had really missed her. The way she would scrunch her nose when she’s thinking, the way her lips tilted downwards when she narrows her eyes, and most of all, how the crinkles show up at the corners of her eyes when she smiles and the adorable dimple on her right cheek.

            “I win,” she said happily as she leaned down to peck his lips. Before she could pull away, Daehyun cupped her face with his large hands and deepened it. They pull apart for air and rested their foreheads against each other.

            Jisoo smiled as she kissed his forehead, “I love you, Jung Daehyun. Welcome home.”

            Daehyun stared at her lovingly. “I love you too, Mrs. Jung Jisoo.”

            She frowned.

            “Yah, we aren’t married yet so I’m still Nam Jisoo,” she said smartly, giving him a playful glare. "I still belong to the Nam family, y'know." 

            Without warning, he got up and picked her up before walking towards their bathroom.

            “Yah, Jung Daehyun!” she screeched, pounding his back, “put me down!”

            “No can do,” he said, glancing down at her, his eyes darkening, “I’ll show you who you belong to.”