Sunday

Fall in love with me in seven days

Sunday                                  

Youngwoon opened his eyes with his body still feeling tired, that had been one hell of a bad night’s sleep. He looked at his ceiling for a moment and a flash of blurred pictures came to his mind. He sat up in a quick motion and looked around his room. Pictures, his room had been supposed to be filled with pictures. “Kyuhyun!” Youngwoon called with a slightly desperate tone. He felt he had forgotten something extremely important but the more he tried to remember the content of the pictures the more his memories got blurry. “Kyuhyun, what happened?!”

The younger boy had been sleeping on a futon beside Youngwoon’s bed and he was startled awake by the older boy’s call. Kyuhyun tried to blink himself awake before he scrambled to the bed and sat beside his friend. “Did you remember something?!” Kyuhyun asked overly anxious.

Youngwoon shook his head, he remembered then Kyuhyun telling him to always read his diaries first thing on Sundays, that was a strange memory to come to him, but when he looked at his desk he sa it was empty. “Where are the photos? Where are the diaries? Kyuhyun, what the hell is going on?”

Those questions made Kyuhyun sigh, his friend didn’t remember anything. “Calm down, hyung, this is something really delicate.” Kyuhyun messed up his hair in frustration. “Listen… Heechul hyung did something really stupid… but I wouldn’t totally blame him… we are both at fault too.” Kyuhyun added as he picked a box from under the bed, he picked up a photo from inside it and showed it to Youngwoon. It was a photo from the red haired guy that had been saying sorry earlier that day. “This is Heechul hyung. He is your hyung too.” Kyuhyun said.

Youngwoon picked up the photo and after staring at that smirking face he flipped the photo and felt somewhat relieved that he had written some information about the guy there. “What was it that he did that was so bad? Kyuhyun, you are confusing me.”

Kyuhyun bit his lip before he decided to pick up another photo from the box. He handed it to Youngwoon without saying anything. The photo was of a guy he had no recollections of, he was not the other dude at his place when he arrived from the sauna, the guy though had a pretty face, a really stunning smile and bright doe eyes. Youngwoon flipped the photo and frowned as there was nothing written there. “Who is this, Kyuhyun?” he asked with a frown.

“Do you feel anything while looking at him?” Kyuhyun asked flipping back the photo, Youngwoon’s frown deepened as he looked back at it. He felt a small headache at looking at the picture, and for the tone Kyuhyun had used he knew this guy was someone important, was someone he should have not forgotten. “I do feel strange… but that’s probably because you are acting so strange and asking strange stuff. Can’t you just tell me what happened?”

Kyuhyun sighed sadly. He took the photo from Youngwoon’s hand and looked at the picture. Would Kyuhyun ever see Sungmin smiling like that again? “I… actually have something to confess to you, hyung. It’s something really ugly. When I was in junior high I hated this guy.”

“Kyu?” Youngwoon asked overly worried, why was Kyuhyun talking about junior high? They knew that guy from the photo for that long? Was he someone really important?

“Whenever I called you from England, you would always talk about him, you would always smile that stupid in love smile and I could only hate this guy more after every chat. You don’t remember right? That I first confessed to you through a web chat and you turned me down without a second thought. You only had eyes for him.” Kyuhyun spoke while looking at the photo, Youngwoon felt a strange ache in his heart, to listen his best friend telling him that, somehow, they had been in a love triangle in junior high was in the least strange.

“After your car accident, when I learned that you had forgotten about him and about all of your friends, when you could only remember me from all the people you knew outside your family I felt so happy, I believed that I was getting a second chance, you didn’t remember him, you had no longer a love interest so I confessed again, but yet again you turned me down without a second thought. ‘if from all my friends I can only remember you, it’s because I don’t consider you just as a friend, but as family, to me you are the younger brother I never had’. But that you remember.” Kyuhyun continued still looking at the photo, but after those words he held the photo up so Youngwoon could look at it too.

“When I joined you in highschool, so did he.” Kyuhyun proceeded. “He greeted you so happily, he asked how you were doing, told you how much he missed his favorite sunbae and you told him you didn’t know who he was. When I remember that day I feel so repulsed at myself, hyung, because I felt happy you gave your back to him, thinking he was a really weird guy. But he didn’t give up, he introduced himself again, he befriended you again, he crawled his way back into your heart. His determination, his devotion to you, it was because of him that I accepted you would never return my feelings, that you would always see me as your younger brother by heart.”

“What?” Youngwoon asked dumbly, his headache worsening. “This is Lee Sungmin, Youngwoon hyung, he is my classmate and he is my best friend, but above all this is the guy you fell in love with. Twice.” Kyuhyun replied acknowledging that that had been the first mistake. He shouldn't have kept that information to himself, he should have told, if not directly to Youngwoon, at least to Jongwoon and specially Heechul. But he had kept silent first because of jealousy, then because he hoped to be able to guide his two friends into the right direction into each other's heart. It would be his way of redemption.

Youngwoon reached for the photo again with cold trembling hands. Wild thoughts about Sungmin dying had crossed his mind. “What happened? This is about him? Something bad happened to him? That’s why you are acting so strange?”

The desperate tone Youngwoon had used broke Kyuhyun’s heart a little bit more. “Hyung, you do remember that every week you’ve been dating someone different right?” the younger asked and Youngwoon nodded, with a blush and a heavy heart, but then he noticed his memories of the past week were very strange, there was almost no memories of Kyuhyun and the very last ones were way blurred. “Last Monday Sungmin was the first to confess to you, you dated him last week, hyung.” Kyuhyun added picking up from the box a black notebook and handing it to Youngwoon.

The older boy flipped through the pages frowning at the fact that the first page of that last week had been ripped. “For now, just read your notes on the past week, hyung.” Kyuhyun mumbled and Youngwoon did just that, he read through Monday, but something picked up his curiosity on Tuesday.

|Sungmin finally showed me his proof that we knew each other from junior high. He had been keeping record of my times since then, he told me that I had asked him. He must have meant a lot to me if I had asked him that, since I had ever only entrusted that task to Kyuhyun. He also had a photo tapped at the notebook inside cover. We were so happy there, he was holding me from behind and we were very comfortable with each other. I felt strange when I saw that. How could I forget him like that? If I was treating him like I treated Kyuhyun why did I forget him?|

He then read through the notes regarding the last Wednesday, it was an overly detailed entry, he had recorded every bit of feelings he had felt because of Sungmin, he had recorded every different expression Sungmin had showed him, every line. But what he wrote last that day actually left him slightly off ground.

|Now I feel so stupid. So incredible stupid. My walls are covered with photos of Sungmin, every day the first face I see is his, even when I don’t remember him on Sundays he is still the first one I read about. Sungmin is so right. Only now I see that every week and again I had been falling deeper and deeper in love with him. How could I be so blind? I love Lee Sungmin.|

Youngwoon looked up with a frown. “What happened, Kyuhyun? Where are my notes on him? Where are the photos?” Kyuhyun shook his head. “Finish reading that, hyung, you’ll understand and don’t worry, all the photos are in this box, you can put them up later if you want, but for now just continue reading.” The younger urged and still confused, with his heart aching like never before, Youngwoon continued reading over his notes on Thursday. He bit his lips at reading the things Seoyeon had said, he had some blurred memories of his classmate and swimming partner, Youngwoon didn’t consider themselves as friends but he couldn’t shake off the feeling that she actually had a crush on Sungmin.

| My plan didn’t really work. Sungmin is truly a mystery box, I wanted to teach him how to swing the bat and turns out the kid is almost a pro playing baseball. At least I made him happy. I feel so light every time I see him smiling.|

Youngwoon turned the page and read his notes for Friday, he was startled to see how the entry actually started. We kissed. that was not supposed to happen, he had a rule of not kissing whoever he was dating and even if he had realized that he had been in love with the younger, kissing should have not happened.

|At first I just wanted to hold him, to feel him nestled in my embrace, to feel like I can actually protect him. I like to hold him, no I love to hold him. I love to feel his heartbeat, I love to feel his warmth, I love how he is always so relaxed, so peaceful in my arms. But when he woke up, when he looked at me I could barely hold myself back, I knew it was something he wanted, and it’s something I want too but it feels so wrong, I feel so angry at the fact that I will forget it. That later I will read this and will not be able to recall how exactly it felt. How tingly it was when his lips touched my chin, how I couldn’t really think, but just feel when I let it happen. His lips on mine felt so wonderful, the more I kissed him, the more he kissed me back, the more I wanted to just keep on kissing, and kissing and kissing and turn that moment into an eternal present, for the first time I hoped that that moment wouldn’t turn into a memory.|

There was a tingling sensation on his stomach as Youngwoon kept on reading how he had felt like skipping class and kidnap Sungmin somewhere it would be forever just the two of them, how they parted ways, he read how Kyuhyun had advised him to tell Sungmin the truth, to let the younger know about his circumstances. That line had made Youngwoon look back at Kyuhyun. “I didn’t tell him? We dated for a week and he didn’t know I would forget?”

Kyuhyun shook his head dejected. That had been their second mistake. “You never told him, at first you didn’t tell because you were still getting to know him, then you didn’t tell because you thought you would hurt him again if he learned you couldn’t keep memories of him when he valued memories so much. You thought you could keep him beside you like that, that you could keep a normal friendship with someone that didn’t know your predicament. But you had decided to tell him, you just didn’t know how, you believed that you had to show him that it didn’t matter that you would forget who he is every week, because every week and again he would make you fall in love with him.”

Youngwoon frowned at the reply and then he turned the page to read the continuation of Friday, he blushed even more as he read about the karaoke, how he allowed his defenses completely down, how less innocent their touches became because he suddenly felt desperate it was already Friday, but then he frowned at the notes about Heechul. When he turned the page to read what happened the last Saturday and found a blank page, he felt himself going numb, something had gone wrong.

“Kyuhyun, please. What. Happened?” Youngwoon asked one last time closing the notebook and hiding his face with it. He had a certainty at that very moment, he somehow knew he had never felt so frustrated for losing his memories as he was feeling that very moment.

“You didn’t tell him about your condition, and he found out the wrong way.” Kyuhyun replied sadly. “Heechul hyung knew about my crush on you, but he didn’t know about your feelings towards Sungmin in junior high, he didn’t know my feelings had changed, he didn’t know how many times you had fallen in love with Sungmin hyung. Heechul hyung blames himself for your accident, you were coming back from a holiday, but he was late and you missed the bus, the next one you got in crashed and you became like this. Heechul hyung felt responsible for you, and he saw in my crush the only way to give you a normal romantic life. He hated to see you hiding the truth from Sungmin hyung, he hated to see Sungmin hyung trying so hard to get you to remember junior high. He didn’t want you two to keep pressuring each other unknowingly…” the younger started to explain, started to tell Youngwoon what happened that Saturday.

“Heechul hyung didn’t know I had moved on, he didn’t know how fated you were to fall in love with Sungmin hyung… so he tricked all of us… he called you and told you I had gotten lost at the fair.” At that Kyuhyun blushed softly. “He used your protective side over me to show Sungmin hyung that deep down I was more important than anyone else for you. He brought Sungmin here and he told him about the accident and about your condition… he knew that Sungmin hyung loved you too much to keep on putting pressure on your mind… Sungmin hyung broke up with you.”

Youngwoon felt his heart shatter.

“I can’t claim to know what Sungmin hyung felt, but I can tell you, Youngwoon hyung, that Sungmin hyung won’t come back to you even if you go and tell him that you had fallen in love with him.” Kyuhyun kept on talking, and Youngwoon just stared dumbly at his younger friend, he managed to mumble a why.

“You hid from him about your condition, Sungmin hid from you about his family. Since last January Sungmin hyung had been living in his big house alone. His parents had divorced when he was in junior high, his mother went to Japan taking his brother with her, his father went to China for business but apparently he is already forming a new family there. He told me more than once that he had been walking in the dark for a long time and that you were his only light, that he would do anything to keep you happy. I am not sure, but I think that now he believes you can only be truly happy if he is not part of your life.” Kyuhyun continued talking, trying to think of all the possible ways Sungmin would decide to live his life, but at his last words Youngwoon gripped his arm with a vicious hold.

“What do you mean, Kyuhyun?” Youngwoon asked fearing for the worst, Kyuhyun looked at Youngwoon with tears in his eyes. “Heechul hyung told me that Sungmin hyung had tried to erase the notes you had written on a white board you kept behind your door, that he was the one ripping up the Monday page from your notes, that he would have ripped all the others if you had not showed up, but most importantly the last thing he told you was ‘only talk to me if you remember who I am.’ It can only mean that he wants you to forget what he was to you, so you could remember him as just some kid you go to school with, just a classmate of your younger brother.”

Youngwoon let go of Kyuhyun not knowing what to do, not knowing what to think. “How can I make him believe? How can I save us, Kyuhyun?” Youngwoon asked reaching for the box, Kyuhyun let him get it and silently watched as Youngwoon picked up more photos, noticing how his eyes looked at every detail, how he flipped every photo in hopes to find something written there, anything to make him know who was Lee Sungmin and how much he loved him.

The silence lasted for a while until Kyuhyun spoke again. “You told me you wanted to show him that every week and again you were falling in love with him. I think the only way to make him believe how deeply you had fallen is to do exactly what he wants. Try to forget what he means to you, hyung.”

The older boy raised his head and looked at Kyuhyun as if he had said the most absurd thing ever. Kyuhyun bit his lips. “I know it sounds crazy, but who is the genius here? Hyung, every week you forget those that had meant a lot to you. What if you don’t take notes on him, if you try to live as he wants, what if, even if you don’t really interact with him, you still end up falling for him at the course of the week and forgetting who he is? If you can’t do what he wants, if you can’t keep memories of him even if he is just my classmate, he will have to accept that he is the only one for you, as you are the only one for him.”

Kyuhyun held Youngwoon’s shoulders tightly. “Even with your condition, I believe that you can make this work, I believe you can live happily together, hyung. I will get you two together again. I won’t let Heechul hyung put all my previous efforts to waste.”

Youngwoon smiled, understanding where Kyuhyun as trying to get at. “Where are my notes on your boyfriend?” he suddenly questioning causing Kyuhyun to stutter and blush. “I was confused when I got home, but I saw you and the black haired guy holding each other’s pinky fingers, I know you had been dating someone. I am glad that every week I forget who the guy is, because it means he is my friend and that I can entrust you to him.” Youngwoon tried to tease and Kyuhyun sighed defeated. He picked up another box of photos from under the bed and showed his ‘older brother’ one of Jongwoon.

“His name is Kim Jongwoon.” Kyuhyun said, still blushing. Youngwoon looked at the photo and remembered what the guy had told him. “Is he friends with Sungmin too?” Youngwoon asked in a small voice. Kyuhyun nodded. “Yes, he was talking about Sungmin this morning, for as long as it takes for you two to get back together we will protect Sungmin, we will get you two back together.”

Youngwoon closed his eyes. On his notes Youngwoon had professed how much he didn’t want to forget Sungmin. And now to get him back, he needed to forget him every week and again. But he trusted Kyuhyun, he would live his life and fall in love with Lee Sungmin a third time. Would fall in love every week and again.


New updates might take some times from now because this whole plan ^ needs some more thinking lol but well i hope that with this update you'll see that Youngwoon had not bee thaaaaaaaaat obtuse lol it was just that he didn't really know how to deal with the new discovery. Also all the unrequited Kangkyu in this chapter *pats Kyu* this also shows a side of Kyuhyun that had not been showed up before, his egoistic dark side~ it will be so fun to write all the following YeKyu because you guys will eventually know how they got together XD Youngwoon (and Sungmin) will dig out this info for you haha

My Youngwoon baby~ i am not sure if i managed to but i hope you guys now understand his sudden change towards Sungmin starting from Wednesday~ the record book Sungmin kept was the key for Youngwoon to suspect he had felt something more for Sungmin during junior high, Sungmin's words at the date had been the key for him to understand that he slowly fallen in love and now Kyuhyun's revelation shows how much kangmin is meant to be XD keep tunned for how the plan will work out haha

As always COMMENTS AND VIOLENT REACTIONS ARE NEEDED FOR THE SMOOTH PROGRESS OF THIS PLAN! lol