Friday

Fall in love with me in seven days

Friday                         

Thinking about Heechul, Sungmin woke up extra early to bake muffins, he decided that he would cook lunch for him and Youngwoon, but would not do the extra egg rolls and instead he would give his friends each a vanilla muffin with chocolate drops. He took the time to bake and place each muffin in a decorated plastic bag.

That Friday different from other days Sungmin had practically opened up the school so early he ended up being. When Youngwoon sent his first message of the day Sungmin was already all set to leave for school. Those messages had been the only thing that had kept Sungmin awake on the way for classes, but once he sat on his desk he couldn’t really fight the bore of being alone in the classroom. He ended up dozing off and being awaken by Kyuhyun shaking his shoulder.

“Hyung, why are you so early?” the younger asked already feeling up Sungmin’s head. Last time Sungmin had arrived before him the older boy had actually been sick, and that had been when Kyuhyun found out about Sungmin’s family circumstances, everybody else thought Sungmin had a perfect happy family.

Sungmin smiled at the evident worry, but he pushed the younger’s hand away, already reaching up to his paper bag to take from it a muffin. “I am fine, I just felt like baking today, but I ended up waking up way too early. Here, for you. No egg rolls though.”

The confused expression Kyuhyun had on disappeared as he saw the absolutely cute muffin. “Wow, thanks, hyung! But you have to look more after you health, hyung. I feel like you’re pushing yourself too hard this week.”

The older boy chuckled. “Am not.” He countered laying his head back on his desk and trying to doze off again. Kyuhyun had let it be but a few minutes later Sungmin heard from afar Youngwoon’s voice calling their younger friend. Sungmin managed to open one of his eyes and saw the two childhood friends talking by the door. Youngwoon was frowning as Kyuhyun was explaining something, then Youngwoon sighed and moved aside to leave, that had given Sungmin a little bit of will to stand up and call sleepily. “Hyung!”

Both Kyuhyun and Youngwoon looked at him quite startled, a bit confused as Sungmin picked up the paper bag and sort of rushed to the door. “I made muffins!” he said as he gave the paper bag to Youngwoon. “Here is yours, Jongwoon hyung’s and Heechulie hyung’s. Please hand it to them for me.”

Youngwoon peered inside the bag and then chuckled. “Yah! I am the boyfriend why is everybody getting to taste your baking?” the older boy complained. Sungmin made a face in mock surprise, but then he grinned. “Because you have a big heart and you love your friends.” The younger countered, looking at Kyuhyun and asking him to help him out on praising Youngwoon’s big soft heart. Youngwoon ended up messing up both their hair before he assured the package would be delivered. “I’ll see you later, Min.” the older boy waved before turning around to get back to his own class.

“Hyung, how is the mission going?” the younger asked completely out of the blue when Youngwoon was completely out of sight. Sungmin closed his eyes with a small smile. “I am not sure,” was his answer. When Kyuhyun looked at him expecting an explanation Sungmin continued. “He is being overly sweet, he is much tender to me than before but I don’t know why I feel like there’s something wrong. I hope I am just being paranoid.”

Kyuhyun put a hand on Sungmin’s shoulder. “Sungmin hyung, not that I want to sound cocky, but I know Youngwoon hyung best than anyone, and I can assure you something in him did change. Also, if I didn’t think you two were made for each other I wouldn’t have urged you to ask him out. Whatever happens, hyung, don’t give up your feeling for him.”

The older boy looked at Kyuhyun in surprise, his tone was full of love, of certainty, and Sungmin could feel that Kyuhyun was truly hoping everything would go well. Kyuhyun had been trying to play cupid for Sungmin and Youngwoon, Sungmin decided to play cupid for Jongwoon even though Kyuhyun had told him that he was dating.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin replied with a caring smile. “Hey, Youngwoon hyung told me yesterday there is a fair close to your house, we were thinking about going there this Saturday, but the whole group. Can you take a break from your math training?”

Kyuhyun bit his lips embarrassed. “I have a date tomorrow… at the fair…” the younger confessed and Sungmin made a sad face. He wanted to persuade the younger to walk around it somehow but before he could, the teacher arrived and ordered them into class. The two of them didn’t really talk about it for the rest of the morning and the topic completely went out of Sungmin’s mind at lunch break, because Youngwoon was there and they both escaped to the rooftop.

Sungmin noticed that Youngwoon was still carrying the paper bag with him. “You didn’t eat yours yet?” he asked pointing at the bag. Youngwoon looked at it before he shook his head. “Jongwoon asked me to give you a kiss for the muffin, Heechul asked why it was not two and was trying to snatch mine.” He said as he took a seat beside Sungmin and watched as the younger pulled out their food. “They already ate theirs, but I noticed something, you made one for everybody but for yourself.” Youngwoon stated picking up his portion of food from Sungmin’s hand.

“It was a gift,” Sungmin replied before he took his first bite. “Sometimes you should also gift yourself.” Youngwoon argued, but then changed the topic by once again praising Sungmin’s cooking and his ability to make the most perfect egg rolls that existed in the world. While eating they ended up talking about their plans for the day as Youngwoon kept trying to figure out where Sungmin was planning to take them to.

“Okay I’ll give you a hint.” Sungmin grinned after they finished their lunch. “We can make as much noise as we want and nobody will hear us.” Youngwoon frowned not really able to think of any place like that, as he kept thinking to himself he picked up the paper bag with his muffin and pulled it out. Methodically he unwrapped the treat before taking a bite. “Can I get another hint?” he asked as he reached the sweet towards Sungmin, placing it right in front of Sungmin’s mouth. At seeing the surprise at the younger’s face Youngwoon added. “I am gifting you half of my dessert.”

Sungmin felt his heart leapt with joy, carefully he took a bite, moving closer to Youngwoon to rest his head on the older boy’s shoulder. “It’s a place we used to go a lot to.” Sungmin gave Youngwoon another hint, Youngwoon gave Sungmin another bite of the muffin. There was a moment of silence after that as Youngwoon pondered his hints, there was only one place that fit those two characteristics. Sungmin had said ‘we used to go’ and thus it could only mean group outings, because the only place Youngwoon had ever gone alone with Sungmin to was the mall and there they couldn’t make noise without being heard. “We’re going to the karaoke.” The older boy stated matter of factly as he took his last bite, offering the very last portion of the sweet to Sungmin.

The younger clapped as he took it and ate. “See how one plus one makes two?” he teased, but then he was rendered speechless as Youngwoon pulled him closer into a soft embrace. “Thank you for the food and dessert. They were delicious.” The older boy offered, but after those words he didn’t let go of Sungmin. “You’re welcome.” Sungmin mumbled back feeling warm and loved. A small smile spread over Sungmin’s face. “Today I am the one who is sleepy, hyung. Can I use your lap for fifteen minutes?”

“Sure.” Youngwoon mumbled as he reluctantly let go of the younger. Sungmin made himself comfortable, suddenly feeling nervous. In truth at that moment he was not feeling sleepy at all, but he wanted to know what Youngwoon would do if he believed Sungmin was asleep. Would he also steal a kiss? Would he confess?

Youngwoon kept caressing Sungmin’s hair and also humming a lullaby, Sungmin tried to even his breathing and fake as best as he could to be deep asleep. Minutes passed and nothing really happened. Sungmin heard the click of a photo being taken, but other than that nothing. The younger was almost putting an end to his act by faking to wake up when he felt Youngwoon flailing his hand in front of Sungmin’s face. The younger was filled with hope again but other than receiving a kiss, Youngwoon actually maneuvered to get Sungmin’s side to rest over Youngwoon’s chest. Youngwoon was once again holding him tenderly. “I really don’t deserve your love.” He whispered to himself causing Sungmin to frown. The younger made himself even more comfortable over Youngwoon, acting as if he was moving in his sleep and Youngwoon seemed to have bought it. They spent the rest of the break like that huddled together, yet Youngwoon kindly shook Sungmin awake before the bell rang.

Sungmin faked to wake up and acted surprise at the position he ended waking up to. “Hyung, I fell asleep on your lap. What?” the younger questioned raising his head but not really moving from the position he was in. Since Youngwoon was looking down at him their noses were inches apart, just a little nudge and Sungmin’s awaited kiss would happen.

Silence ensued as they kept looking into each other’s eyes and gradually Sungmin felt a strong pull, he tilted his head up the most he could without really moving, Youngwoon also felt the pull, getting lost into Sungmin’s eyes he leaned down. Their breaths mingled but their lips continued apart, Youngwoon was hesitating, he raised a hand to caress Sungmin’s hair.

A moment later Youngwoon landed a soft kiss on the tip of Sungmin’s nose. The younger closed his eyes as afterwards they kept themselves at that close proximity. “That was not what you really wanted to do, hyung.” Sungmin accused as he touched Youngwoon’s chin with his nose. “It should not happen, we have a rule.” Youngwoon mumbled back but his words sounded way too weak. “Sometimes, rules are made to be broken.” Sungmin retorted tilting his head up again and allowing his lips to brush against Youngwoon’s chin and that had seemed to do the trick, the older boy lowered his guard and his head allowing their lips to touch for the first time.

There was no ounce of hesitation anymore on Youngwoon’s part, as he was nibbling on Sungmin’s lips as much as the younger was nibbling back. Sungmin raised a hand to Youngwoon’s hair, to anchor them in that kiss. They kept kissing and not even the bell signaling the end of lunch break had managed to pull them apart. Sungmin didn’t want that moment to end and he felt elated that not even Youngwoon had seemed to want that, but eventually the older boy pulled away. “I can’t skip class.” He mumbled weakly.

Sungmin smiled at the implication of those words, Youngwoon was tempted to skip class so they could continue like that, but Youngwoon had a sports scholarship and one of its rules was that he had to have permission to not attend classes. That was one rule not made to be broken or Youngwoon’s future as a professional swimmer would be endangered. “We can continue later.” Sungmin mumbled back, pecking Youngwoon one last time before willing himself away and up.

Youngwoon followed after him and they got to the corridor hand in hand. They parted ways with just a small smile, once again Sungmin didn’t notice how Youngwoon looked back, neither how he hit his head on the closest wall cursing at himself, for what exactly not even he knew.

For the rest of the classes both of them were distracted, the last two classes didn’t really register and then they noticed it was time to go home, or in their case go to the library as Youngwoon and Kyuhyun still had a math session.

At the library Youngwoon sat on a desk with Kyuhyun while Sungmin sat alone at a nearby one, while the two childhood friends kept studying, Sungmin picked up his history notes and book to try and get some memorizing done, but, as it always happened whenever history was the topic at hand, Sungmin ended up falling asleep over his books.

In that strange dimension where Sungmin was oddly aware of his surroundings, but unable to move as his whole body felt heavy, he heard Youngwoon’s voice quite close to him. “Why is he so cute when he sleeps?” the older boy had said softly, Sungmin heard Kyuhyun chuckle before he replied “Because he is Lee Sungmin.”

After that Sungmin heard nothing and his mind out, he didn’t know how much time had passed before he heard their voices again. “It’s so hard to tell him, I know I have to say it, to tell him, but I don’t feel ready.” Youngwoon was saying, his voice was worried, anxious. “Don’t take too long, hyung, you know it’s something only you should tell him… don’t wait longer than this.”

The third time Sungmin heard Youngwoon’s voice it was right under his ear, his boyfriend was trying to wake him up. And as it usually happened Sungmin couldn’t remember what he had heard while he was half awake half dreaming. “It’s time to go?” Sungmin asked sleepily. Youngwoon chuckled. “We’ve been here just for half an hour, Sungmin. Both Kyuhyun and I couldn’t take anymore the sight of you sleeping like this, we called the study session off. Let’s go to our date.” The older boy explained and frowning Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun for confirmation. “I’ll lend my tutor to you today, hyung. Have fun.” Kyuhyun told him winking.

Sungmin smiled and thanked the younger for that, quickly he picked up his notebook and book, placing them back into his backpack. Ten minutes later, the couple was exiting school while Kyuhyun stayed at the library to study some more.

As Sungmin had hinted before, the two of them went to a nearby karaoke house. Sungmin paid for two hours and thus they made themselves comfortable at a booth. They chose a string of songs and happily sang along, sometimes Sungmin would sing alone, other times Youngwoon would do his solo show, other times they would sing together. They ordered some snacks and kept singing.

At one point though Sungmin was singing alone a trot love song, he got so immersed in the song that he almost missed how Youngwoon was looking at him. The younger averted his eyes from the lyrics at the screen to give his boyfriend a smile, Youngwoon had an arm on the backrest of the couch, his other hand was laying on his lap, Sungmin didn’t know what exactly was it there was in Youngwoon’s eyes, but whatever it was made him move, he sat beside Youngwoon putting his microphone aside. Slightly unsure Sungmin leaned closer letting his lips brush over Youngwoon’s jaw line. The older boy returned the caress by taking hold of Sungmin’s face with his free hand and, without hesitance, taking Sungmin’s lips into his.

That kiss was much like the one they shared earlier at lunch break, it actually had started like that, but slowly the pace increased. Lost into each other, they were startled back into rational thinking when they heard someone knock on the door. Youngwoon and Sungmin looked at each other trying to recollect how exactly they got to be almost laying down on the couch with Sungmin’s arms wrapped around Youngwoon’s neck and Youngwoon’s hand at Sungmin’s back.

The two of them looked at the center table then, it couldn’t be the waiter, they had not ordered more snacks and everything they had previously ordered had already been delivered, they looked at the clock then, they still had half an hour from what they had already paid, so it couldn’t be someone from the karaoke staff. Another knock, a much more impatient at that, was heard and they disentangled themselves so Youngwoon could stand and open the door to see what had disturbed their moment.

“Finally!” Heechul thundered once the door was swung open and he got in just like that, Sungmin and Youngwoon stared as he took a seat and popped some snacks into his mouth as if he owned the place, the couple looked back at the door then, there hiding his face in one of his hands was Kyuhyun, patting his shoulder was Jongwoon.

“I am sorry. I am so very sorry. I tried to but no-one can stop Heechul hyung when he puts something in his head.” Kyuhyun tried to explain what was going on as he sheepishly looked at the lovers with a very contrite expression.

“Oh I love that song!” Heechul stated a second later as he got the remote control and skipped two songs in the pre-set list, picking the microphone right after and singing his heart out. Youngwoon closed the door after Kyuhyun and Jongwoon got in. “He paid for an additional of two hours and according to him we are all captive here.” Jongwoon said as he took a seat beside Kyuhyun. The four of them kept watching somewhat warily at the older boy as he sang, once the song was over Heechul looked at them, at seeing their suspicious expressions he sighed exasperatedly. “Yah! Don’t look at me like that! I was waiting for an hour outside just to let you have your couple fun, now it’s group fun!” Heechul defended himself as he passed the microphone to Kyuhyun. “Sing.” He ordered and the younger could do nothing but sigh and do as he was told.

Heechul took a seat beside Sungmin, the two of them stared at each other for a moment. “Min-ah, you know I love you, right?” Heechul asked. Sungmin frowned but still nodded tentatively. “Good.” Heechul retorted poping more snacks into his mouth and watching Kyuhyun sing.

After that small exchange the atmosphere slowly became merrier and soon the whole group was having fun as Heechul didn’t make any sort of bad comment about the couple or professed his undying kangkyu ship. Sungmin noticed something slightly different though, Jongwoon kept feeding Kyuhyun and the two of them were sitting way too close. At one point Sungmin managed to get Kyuhyun to look at him, Sungmin raised an eyebrow in question and softly pointed at Jongwoon, Kyuhyun seemed to know what Sungmin was silently enquiring and blushed nodding ever so slightly. Sungmin smiled brightly at the younger then. On the end he didn’t have to play cupid, there was indeed something more behind Kyuhyun and Jongwoon singing a duet together.

What Sungmin didn’t notice was how now and then Heechul would glare at Youngwoon.

The group exited the karaoke with a promise to meet the next day at the fair for another group outing, at least the two couples had confirmed their participation, Heechul claimed he had something important do to and maybe wouldn’t be able to go, he would call one of them the next day to say if he could join them or not. Friday ended up being the happiest day for Sungmin.

He decided to no longer count his days left with Youngwoon, he already believed they had the rest of their lives.

Little did he know.


Keep the comments coming they really inspire me to write also keep track of the charas and pairinf in the front page because this fic is growing lol XD