Wednesday

Fall in love with me in seven days

Wednesday                                   

 

The next morning Sungmin once again prepared a little bit too much of egg rolls so he made two extra food containers with them, one to give to Kyuhyun and another to give to Jongwoon. Once again Youngwoon started their day with messages on the phone, yet that morning the older boy arrived later at school because of a traffic jam, so they ended up not seeing each other before classes started. That had left Sungmin a little bit cranky but nothing Kyuhyun could not handle through the whole morning.

At lunch break though, everything was sunshine because the two of them hid at the rooftop again. "Lunch was delicious, Min. Thank you for the treat, but hey... Tomorrow let's do something different?" Youngwoon spoke softly as he laid down to look up at the sky. Sungmin looked at the older male beside him with a curious and unsure expression. "Depends on what you call different." Sungmin replied also turning to look up. "Tomorrow you'll sleep in and I will cook us lunch." Youngwoon offered and his words made Sungmin stare back at him, overly surprised.

Youngwoon looked at Sungmin with a captivating smile showing that he was truly being sincere with the offer. Sungmin smiled back. "Deal. What about we do something different today?" Youngwoon chuckled looking back at the sky. "No kissing, Sungmin." Youngwoon retorted feeling light. Sungmin laughed hearing that. "Yah, Hyung! I don't only think about kissing you!" He said in mock offence as he picked up his mobile phone and put a song to play.

For a moment only that soft piano sound filled the rooftop as they both listened to the song. When it was over Youngwoon sat up again and looked at Sungmin with a very enthusiastic expression. "You composed that?" He asked already expecting the affirmative reply.

"This is my gift to Jongwoon hyung." Sungmin answered with a nod. "When he asked me to compose the song he and Kyuhyun would sing at the festival, I couldn't take this piece out of my mind. I made it some time ago and never really bothered adding lyrics, do you think this melody fits them?"

Youngwoon nodded. "Yes, I believe it will. Kyuhyun's voice was made to sing this kind of tune, but... What exactly do we do with that?"

Sungmin looked up at Youngwoon at his question and grinned. "I have a master key and a pass to use the music room any time I want, so I was thinking about going there and messing with the piano." The younger offered.

Before anything else was said, Youngwoon was already standing up and stretching, before he actually turned to Sungmin and offered a hand to help him up. Sungmin smiled as he took it and raised to his feet. "Let's go!" Sungmin cheered before holding Youngwoon's hand and running through the rooftop all the way to the opposite set of stairs because those were the ones closer to the music room.

The rest of the lunch break was spent with the two of them truly messing with the piano. Sungmin had been trying to play seriously at first, but Youngwoon decided to play along even though the only song he knew how to play was a children's song about a running cat. Nevertheless the two of them had a lot of fun and when the bell rang, Sungmin had felt so light he told Youngwoon there was no need for him to accompany him all the way to his class because he would be late for his own. "I'll see you after club activities, hyung! Don't get too bored at the library." Sungmin said as a sort of ‘see you soon’.

Youngwoon nodded, "Don't hurt your ankle again," the older boy said as he saw his boyfriend running away to get to class in time. "Roger, hyung!" Sungmin shot back almost exploding with happiness.

Yet after classes were over and Sungmin was already warming up for training, Youngwoon decided to make a surprise by showing up at the basketball court, that the taekwondo team was using as a provisory training place while their club room was being renovated. Sungmin had actually not been the first to spot Youngwoon there at the benches watching over him, it was actually the team captain that had seen him and approached Sungmin to ask if it was really true he was dating senior Kim Youngwoon. "Well, yeah. Any problem with that, Hangeng hyung?" Sungmin spoke, frowning because it was very rare for his sunbae to question stuff from his personal life.

"Not really. I knew you were friends with him, but he had never showed up at our trainings before," Hangeng replied matter of factly. Sungmin frowned, which deepened when Hangeng added, "Will he come every day now that you are dating?"

At seeing the younger with such a lost expression the older boy simply pointed at where Youngwoon was sitting. Hangeng had never seen Sungmin smiling that brightly.

On the other hand Sungmin completely ignored his team captain as he suddenly sprinted in Youngwoon’s direction and jumped over the railing to get to the benches. Youngwoon marveled over Sungmin's grace, the younger had used one hand to support his body while it swung over the railing in one fluid motion. “Hyung! What are you doing here?!” Sungmin asked as he took a seat beside Youngwoon with that wide grin of his.

Youngwoon chuckled at the younger’s happiness. “I figured that if I had to wait for you, I could do it watching you other than bore myself to oblivion at the library.” The older boy explained his point with a happy shrug. “I have never seen you put your black belt into use, so I figured I could live this new experience: see the kick side of Lee Sungmin.”

Sungmin’s bright smile diminished into something sweet, it was not that Sungmin was less happy after the explanation, but he actually felt some sort of bond forming, something new between them was growing. “I am truly happy, hyung.” Sungmin mumbled, it was somewhat scary how Youngwoon could make him happy with something as simple as his presence.

“Lee Sungmin, get your here, right now!” the coach thundered from the middle of the court and startled the two of them. Sungmin gave one last grin to Youngwoon before he sprinted back to the court. For a second there Youngwoon felt scared for Sungmin’s safety because other than jump over the railing again, Sungmin actually jumped on it and then jumped again to the floor. Youngwoon shook his head at how hyperactive Sungmin was acting.

“Ladies” the coach addressed the whole group of males in the court. “Today I will select the ones that will partake in the next interschool championship. We’ll have only one contestant per belt color so today we’ll have a small competition between you, a mixture of belt colors, try to get as far as you can.” The coach announced and right after called the names in order of spare duos.

Youngwoon frowned worriedly, Sungmin was supposed to not get that sweaty that afternoon since they were going to the movies afterwards, but that was so not going to happen. Youngwoon saw Sungmin and another guy were the only ones that had black belts and he hopped the younger could pull off to the finals easily.

In fact that was what happened, Sungmin had not much trouble getting to the ‘finals’ but that last battle was between black belts, he noticed from afar that Sungmin and the other guy were talking, what he couldn’t hear was the fact that Hangeng was trying to bribe Sungmin into being serious for once. Sungmin had joined the club for fun so whenever there were championships if there was only one vacancy for black belts in their team he would always lose on purpose so Hangeng would take the opportunity, he did that because he knew Hangeng wanted to go professional.

“Your boyfriend is watching, Min. You don’t want him to see you getting beaten up, right?” Hangeng said easily and he saw the conflict in Sungmin’s eyes. The younger had been trying to look outstanding that day, he was not fully acting like himself, he was trying to show off, but being serious and winning against Hangeng was something he didn’t want to do that particular day.

“Seriously, Min. Do your best, you going to one championship won’t hinder me.” Hangeng continued trying to persuade, but the training to that competition would be hell and Sungmin also had to compose and rehearse with Kyuhyun and Jongwoon for the school festival. The younger made up his mind.

Whenever Hangeng scored a point, Sungmin would score one back and then pass ahead, what made Hangeng fire up to regain the winner position, it was a tight win, and after long minutes it went to Sungmin. Youngwoon cheered for the younger because he thought Sungmin wanted the position, he was not really prepared to what happened next.

Sungmin rushed to him and jumped over the railing again. The coach had let it be while he was saying the names of the future contestants, yet right before he said Sungmin’s name, said boy landed and groaned loudly in pain. Youngwoon rushed to him and tried to see if the injury was bad, Sungmin was holding the same foot he had hurt that Monday and he shouted to the coach that he thought he had ended up spraining his ankle for real this time.

Hangeng huffed incredulous.

“WHAT?!” the coach thundered.

“I’ll take him to the infirmary!” Youngwoon shouted to the coach and helped Sungmin on his back.

“Sorry, coach! I think you have to send Hangeng hyung after all!” Sungmin shouted afterwards as Youngwoon quickly took him out of the court.

On their way to the infirmary, when they were far enough from the fuming coach, Sungmin held Youngwoon tighter and laughed his heart out. The older boy stopped short. “Sungmin? Is it hurting so bad it’s making you laugh?” he enquired looking back as best as he could at his boyfriend.

Sungmin stick his tongue out at him. “I think I’ll join the acting club next year, my performance back there was awesome.”

At hearing that Youngwoon let go of Sungmin and let the younger back on his feet. “What the hell, Sungmin? Why did you scare us like that? The prank was not fun.” Even if he was being scolded Sungmin actually smiled at Youngwoon. "I wanted to win because you were watching, but I don’t want the championship, hyung. I’m in the club for fun, I like martial arts as hobby, Hangeng hyung is serious though, so I would rather him go instead. So fake injuring myself was the way out.” Sungmin explained his point. “But coach is still going to check on me at the infirmary so let’s go.” The younger added and pulled Youngwoon along.

At the infirmary Sungmin explained the situation to the nurse and begged for her help. Again. She sighed. “I am weak to those puppy eyes of yours, Sungmin. I think your attitude is noble enough for me to agree to help you. Get on the bed. I’ll bandage your ankle and tell your coach you can’t go to the championship.”

“Thank you, Miriam seongsaenim!” Sungmin cheered as he did what he was told. Youngwoon watched everything speechless. While they waited for the coach to show up the older boy mumbled to the younger. “Now I know why Heechul hyung calls you a sly fox.” Sungmin grinned again but then put up a front of pain as the coach opened the door, Hangeng was there with him, carrying Sungmin’s belongings.

The play as acted flawlessly and the coach left announcing Hangeng was the chosen one for the championship, when the coach left, Hangeng sighed. “You are impossible, Sungmin. Seriously.” He said, stating that he was aware everything was just a big farce. “Kick them for me, hyung!” Sungmin retorted while he stood up. “Let’s go, Youngwoon hyung? We’ll be late for the movies if we stay longer.” The younger set his attention back on his boyfriend.

“Are you sure about it?” Youngwoon asked, sighing with a small grin as Sungmin nodded enthusiastic. “I’ve waited too long to let this opportunity pass. Let’s go!” and saying that he pulled Youngwoon out of the infirmary, Hangeng and the nurse could only sigh and shake their heads at Sungmin’s antics. Youngwoon ended up chuckling as he ran after Sungmin.

At the mall they first went to the bathroom to change their shirt into something more casual, putting their uniform shirt into their backpacks and then they went to the movies. At first Youngwoon thought that Sungmin had bought too much popcorn, but it completely vanished as the film went on. In short they had a great time, they laughed and delighted themselves in each other’s company.

After the movie, they dropped by at the food court for dinner, the conversation was still about the movies, they kept discussing the plot and their favorite parts, at one point though Sungmin silenced and just kept looking at Youngwoon with soft caring eyes. At the younger’s sudden quietness Youngwoon frowned. “What? Is there something on my face?”

“Yes, there is. A smile I really love.” Sungmin answered with a firm tone, he smiled slightly for he had managed to make Youngwoon blush. “Hyung, you don’t know how much you made me happy today. From today onwards I’ll love Wednesdays for the rest of my life.”

“Sungmin…” Youngwoon mumbled his name with a slightly worried tone, he was unsure of what was that feeling, that sudden ache that he was actually doing something horrible with Sungmin. Yet the younger didn’t let him talk, he shook his head still smiling. “I still have four days, hyung, and after today I am much more confident I will make it come true. Because you are looking at me, hyung. You are showing an interest you had never showed before.”

Youngwoon frowned. “Sungmin, I have to show interest, I am dating you for the week.” With that Youngwoon was trying to pass the point that his ‘interest’ could be fake, could be something he was showing just for the sake of pleasing Sungmin while they were dating for the week, and that afterwards there would be nothing left.

Even so, Sungmin continued the smile, though he did avert his eyes to stare at his drink. “Deny as much as you want, hyung, but I will still believe in your smile towards me.” He said softly. “Just remember this later, hyung, I believe that, when you want to know more about someone, when you go out of your way to get a glimpse of a new thing about someone, that’s when you start to fall in love.”  At that Sungmin looked back at Youngwoon. “The more you want to know, the more you fall. The more you learn the deeper you fall.”

Those words had the weight of Sungmin’s experience, that much Youngwoon could tell, he really didn’t want to hurt his younger friend, but he was getting afraid of giving too much hope, of allowing Sungmin to fall too deep.

“But if one falls too deep alone, it’s a long way back.” Youngwoon countered, but even that didn’t make Sungmin waver. “If it meant I tried my best, then it’s a long way back without regrets.”

Youngwoon smiled somewhat sad. “Remember you are sleeping in tomorrow.” He tried to change the subject and get back to the light atmosphere. Sungmin grinned happily. “So looking forward to that.”


An./ Comments/ Violent reactions/ cookies are <3 so give me some? they inspire me to write more and faster lol *blinks cutelly asking for more comments* also Yekyu readers kangmin is main but yekyu will be absurdly important at the final chapters so don't give up reading XD