Tuesday

Fall in love with me in seven days

Tuesday                                   

Sungmin was frying eggs when he got his first message of the day. It was Youngwoon wishing him good morning and asking if he had, by any chance, waken Sungmin up. The younger smiled widely when he read that and quickly he sent a message back |I am about to finish cooking your delicious lunch, hyung. And you are probably arriving from jogging, if not, too lazy today, hyung.|

Another message arrived when Sungmin was halfway frying the last egg roll of the meal. |Just arrived and ready for a hot shower.| Youngwoon was seriously a tease, but two could play that game, once Sungmin was done with the egg and with the stove turned off he replied to his ‘boyfriend’. |Oh the mental image of that! Hyung, I burned your egg! You’ll have to eat it because it’s your fault it’s burnt!” Sungmin chuckled to himself as he finished preparing the meals.

With a light heart Sungmin finished getting dressed and with food at hand he announced his leave to an empty house. Living alone sometimes was overly sad. He was already inside the bus when a new message arrived. |Looking forward to lunch break, pumpkin.| Sungmin grinned at his phone. The day started off nicely.

The first thing Sungmin noticed though, when he arrived at school, was Jongwoon pacing by the gates. “Hyung?” Sungmin called slightly worried with how strangely his older friend was acting, yet at hearing the younger’s voice Jongwoon looked up with a radiant smile and rushed to Sungmin.

“Min!” Jongwoon pretty much shouted at his rampart. “Your most favorite hyung needs your help!” he declared earning from Sungmin a chuckle. There was nothing bad going on with Jongwoon, that much Sungmin could tell, so he was no longer worried.

“How can I help you, Jongwoon hyung?” Sungmin shot back once again wearing his relaxed grin.

“You know the upcoming talent festival? Kyuhyun accepted to sing a duet with me and we want you to compose the song. Well I want you to, I’m sure Kyuhyun would have nothing against thought.” Jongwoon requested flailing his hands in excitement all around, like a hyper active kid. And well he had reasons to, Kyuhyun was usually not keen to be the center of attention unless it was related to math.

“Really?! Kyuhyun is seriously going to sing? Well done, hyung!” Sungmin cheered back, nodding to himself. “Sure I’ll help you guys, what kind of song do you want? Slow? Upbeat? Sad? Romantic?”

Jongwoon shrugged, though he was still smiling. “Anything is good, Min. Write whatever you want. I trust your taste.” But then he thought for a second and whispery he added. “Though some sort of confession like would be highly appreciated.”

Sungmin grinned even more at the adorable blush Jongwoon had on, probably because he was still the only one that knew about the crush Jongwoon had on their youngest friend. Sungmin then proceeded to poke his hyung with a devilish grin. “Did we have some major development this week?” he questioned wanting to know if there was more into them singing a duet but two things happened almost at the same time, first, to escape the poking torture, Jongwoon swiftly held Sungmin and happily started to poke back, yet before he could actually say something more to his favorite dongsaeng (after Kyuhyun) Heechul’s voice called their attention.

“What an adorable duo we have here!” Heechul cheered with a wide teasing grin.

“We are adorable, so what?” Jongwoon spoke back, noticing how Sungmin had stiffened in his arms, not only because of Heechul’s comment but because Youngwoon was with him and was currently in the process of dethatching the two of them.

“If you say anything about shipping Yemin, now, I won’t do your homework anymore.” Youngwoon suddenly said before Heechul could share any more pieces of his mind. “Jongwoon hyung, please, no grabbing on my boyfriend this week.” Youngwoon added as he successfully held Sungmin close and proceeded to walking into school like he owned the place.

A few feet away from them Heechul watched everything with an annoyed grin, he tsked on Youngwoon’s comment though, adding a mockingly offended. “And you say you are my friend!”

On another hand, Sungmin had first felt overjoyed with Youngwoon showing off some jealousy, but he still ended up feeling bitter at the implications that what they had would only last for a week. He was smiling though when Youngwoon asked where they were supposed to meet for lunch.

“Come pick me up and I’ll take you somewhere very nice.” Sungmin replied easily, trying to add some mysterious intonation, Youngwoon chuckled. “Roger, you. See you later, Min.” the older boy added as they reached Sungmin’s classroom.

Once again Sungmin watched as Youngwoon walked away before entering his classroom to find his little Kyuhyun. The moment he closed the door behind himself said pest called for him all enthusiastic. “Sungmin hyung! I need a big favor from you!”

Sungmin shook his head as he tried to ignore the taller boy holding on to his arm like a pleading child. “If it’s about the festival you a few light years late, Jongwoon hyung already spread the news.” Sungmin announced taking his seat and patiently opening up the case he had put the food containers at.

“He did?” Kyuhyun asked softly, way too embarrassed.

Sungmin nodded handing a food container to Kyuhyun. “I’ll write you an awesome song. And this is for yesterday. I’m sorry, I ignored you after lunch.”

Kyuhyun took the container a little taken aback. “You didn’t have to, hyung. Heechul’s comment…” the younger started off but when he saw what was inside his speech and tone changed completely. “Egg rolls! Thank you, hyung!”

Sungmin grinned widely at the reaction he received, he was glad to know so well how to appease and please his friends. The rest of the morning was spent like usual and Sungmin was impatient for lunch break to come, so much he was the first out of the door when the bell rang.

Standing at the hallway he waited for Youngwoon to get there and when the older male rounded the corner Sungmin rushed to him already pulling the older male to the farthest staircase. Youngwoon was thinking it was strange the path Sungmin was taking them but he only decided to question when they started to climb to the rooftop.

“Yah, Lee Sungmin. Where do you think you’re going?” he asked once they reached the top floor and only a locked door stood in front of them, but before Sungmin dared reply him, the younger picked up his keychain from his pocket and picked up a certain key. While unlocking the door he said. “This, hyung, is one of the pros of being in the student council. You get a master key.”

Youngwoon frowned because of the sudden brightness, but then he smiled as he followed after Sungmin, and then grinned when he saw the younger locking them out. “Why are you doing that?” he asked curiously. Sungmin turned to him as he pocketed back his keys. “The door was supposed to be locked and I don’t want just anyone walking in on us.”

Sungmin took a few steps and opened his arms wide as the sun bathed him. “This place is my refuge, now I am sharing it with you.” Youngwoon smiled at Sungmin before he looked around, the view of the city was somehow stunning. He was still looking around when Sungmin held his hand and pulled him in the direction of a more shaded area of the rooftop where they sat and started eating.

“Your cooking is the best, Sungmin.” Youngwoon complimented after he took a bite.

“Thanks, hyung! Here some egg rolls the way you love them.” Sungmin retorted putting two egg rolls onto Youngwoon’s share.

“You do know how to get on the good side of people.” Youngwoon somehow mocked good naturedly before he picked one and ate it. Sungmin was not a big fan of eggs, but they seemed to be one of the very few things he knew best how to cook because Youngwoon loved them. It was another thing Sungmin always had felt bitter about, because it was a liking Youngwoon shared with Kyuhyun.

The lunch break was spent by talking about food and making plans for after club activities the next day, they planned their first date and like that they almost didn’t see the time pass by. When the bell rang Sungmin had felt like skipping class with Youngwoon, but the way the older boy quickly stood up and reached a hand to help Sungmin up was a clear indication he was the only one reluctant to leave.

“I’ll see you at the pool later, hyung.” Sungmin said the moment they reached his classroom. “I’ll see you then, pumpkin.” Youngwoon replied messing up Sungmin’s hair before turning around and leaving to his own class.

Once Sungmin was nicely seated he noticed Kyuhyun had been staring at him with a grin. “What?” Sungmin asked frowning at the younger. “Heechul hyung kindly asked me to tell you: ‘you sly fox, you!’” Kyuhyun answered trying to imitate Heechul speaking. “Nice move, hyung, very smart to use the master key. Heechul hyung kept nagging that he couldn’t ruin your lunch break again and even asked for my master key. I told him the council only had one and that you had taken it, now I shall hide my key very well for him not to find it.”

Sungmin laughed at the imitation and once again felt thankful for the younger to cover up for him like that. “Thank you, Kyuhyun. You swear to me Heechul hyung is not right about your feelings? Am I really not being an with you about this?”

Kyuhyun smiled softly shaking his head. “It is true I had feelings for Youngwoon hyung till very recently, but he had throughout rejected me, so I moved on. And I can assure you on this because I am… dating… secretly…” Kyuhyun replied, whispering his last confession.

There was a moment of wary sadness coursing through Sungmin but it was quickly replaced by surprise and then worry. “You what? Who?” Sungmin asked frowning, he could only think about how heartbroken Jongwoon would be when he would find out. Kyuhyun though smirked. “it’s se-cre-t.” he teased and Sungmin proceeded to pester him until the teacher got into the room. Yet at every given moment Sungmin kept on asking until classes were over and Kyuhyun successfully shoed him away. “You have better things to do than keep on questioning me, hyung.”

And with those lines Sungmin remembered he had to go to the swimming pool. When he arrived there Youngwoon was already warming up to get into the water, so as fast as he could Sungmin found a seat and fetched from his backpack a notebook and his stopwatch. Youngwoon had looked around searching for him but he had not spotted Sungmin, so he dived in for his first lap of the day, when he emerged back his eyes landed on Sungmin scribing things down on his notebook.

“It’s worse than your last mark, Youngwoon.” Seoyeon, his swimming partner told him as she scribed down his record. “I am just warming up.” He huffed back as he got out of the pool and prepared to go for his second lap, Youngwoon looked back at Sungmin and smiled when the younger waved at him and did a ‘fighting’ gesture. The swimmer took in a deep breath and dived in again at Seoyeon’s call.

During the whole of the club activities the two of them just kept focusing on their respective duties and when the coach announced the end of training for the day, instead of first going to the changing room Youngwoon sat beside Sungmin dripping wet. “What are you writing down so diligently?” Youngwoon asked peering at the notebook, he felt surprised as he saw Sungmin  had been doing what Seoyeon had been doing, noting down his records, though Seoyeon’s was strictly professional, Sungmin’s had doodles all around and little comments and hearts whenever Youngwoon managed to beat one of his marks.

“You’ve really been taking my record since you joined high school?” Youngwoon asked completely stunned, in almost a year and a half Youngwoon had never bothered before to stop and see what Sungmin had been doing every single day he had club activities. “Why would you do that?”

Sungmin smiled somewhat shy, somewhat sadly. “It had always been my way to feel closer to you… You really don’t remember right?” the younger asked holding the notebook tighter. Youngwoon frowned. “Remember what, exactly?” he enquired as he looked at Sungmin’s hand as if trying to recall what the younger was talking about. The frown became somewhat angrier so Sungmin opened the notebook at the very first page.

Youngwoon stared at the slightly more yellowish page, but what really got to him was the fact that there was a picture tapped at the inside of the cover, a picture from Sungmin’s junior high days. A picture Youngwoon was also a part of. “You taught me how to swim, hyung, that’s how we got friends in junior high, one day you told me that you had someone that would write down your records for you, but that he had gone study abroad so you asked me if I wanted to take in the job, I had been supposed to give the notebook back to you after each practice, but during our last days in junior high together I ended up keeping the notebook.” Sungmin decided to explain, it still hurt the fact that Youngwoon had forgotten all about that, all about him, after he entered high school.

“So this is the proof you have been talking about?” Youngwoon asked, completely shocked. “I am sorry, Sungmin.”

The younger shook his head. “You have always been bad to remember people’s faces, I always had to remind you people’s names. I just never considered that you would forget me too because we had spent a year apart.” Sungmin started to say but he stopped abruptly as Youngwoon held him completely out of the blue.

“I am really sorry, Sungmin.” Youngwoon mumbled and Sungmin could feel how sorry Youngwoon was, that conversation was turning into an unnecessary drama though, so the younger decided to lighten up the mood. “If you are this sorry then give me a kiss and we’re fine.”

Youngwoon pulled apart not fully releasing Sungmin. “Don’t abuse my love for you.” He warned but Sungmin just kept on grinning. “It’s fine, hyung, really. I am actually glad you don’t remember how much of a cry baby I was.”

There was a moment of silence between them before Youngwoon leaned in and once again gave Sungmin a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you for creating new memories with me Sungmin.” Youngwoon said before he stood up and rushed to get his bath and change of clothes.

Sungmin looked down at the notebook blushing. He would create many more memories and he would cherish each one of them.


Comments/ Violent reactions/ Spazz are highly requested because they make me want to write more and write faster so please give me comments! <3 yeah i am shamelessly asking for them <3 *blinks cutelly*