Saturday to Sunday to week after week and on

Fall in love with me in seven days

Saturday to Sunday to week after week and on


Saturday                     

Youngwoon spent his morning writing down his thoughts in a separated piece of paper. He believed that, doing that, he could somehow put his feelings and thoughts into order.

He had already put his scribing aside and was sulking on his bed when his phone rang. At first he entertained the thought of not answering, but whoever was calling was persistent so Youngwoon ended up answering, as his phone had already rang five times.

"Finally, Youngwoon, I hope that I had woken you up and not that you were trying to ignore my call." Seoyeon’s cheerful voice greeted him and he groaned. "Tell me again how I became friends with someone so annoying?" Youngwoon shot back.

Seoyeon laughed at the other side of the line. "Because I am the only one that can blackmail Heechul?" She retorted and Youngwoon couldn't keep himself from chuckling.

“Probably. What do you want?” Youngwoon asked next as he closed his eyes and just focused on hearing what the girl would say. “I want some tips for Monday, you know, what do you think I shall focus on cramming for math?”

“Everything.” the boy replied with a chuckle and he had to put his phone away from his ear because Seoyeon shouted at him. “Okay, I don’t wanna go deaf, focus on chapters two, three and six and you’ll probably do good, if you have time chapter seven.”

Seoyeon was thanking him when on a whim Youngwoon mumbled her name. “What, baby boo?” she questioned quite surprised. Youngwoon hesitated a moment before asking nevertheless. “How do you do it, Seoyeon? Smile at the person you like as if it doesn’t matter that he doesn’t love you back?” the question was exactly what Seoyeon wanted to hear. “I can exactly because I love that person. It used to hurt like , but with time, the more I could see him smiling the more I could cheer on him. I don’t need him to love me back to be happy, my crush on him now is more like admiration, something that I don’t want to let die, but not let grow further. When you love someone, knowing that person is happy should be enough.”

Youngwoon hummed at her logic, and he agreed that it hurts like , especially when he didn’t know why things between him and Sungmin didn’t work. “I learned that with Sungmin actually.” Seoyeon suddenly added and Youngwoon’s brain suffered a small short circuit.

“What?” Youngwoon mumbled staring at Seoyeon on the picture he had on his ceiling. “Aren’t you in love with Sungmin-ssi? Why are you speaking like he is in an unrequited love?”

There was a moment of silence on Seoyeon’s part before she laughed. “Sungmin is like the little brother I don’t have, Youngwoon, I have an older sister complex with him.” she laughed again, “I love someone else, someone that doesn’t even notice I exist apparently. But, Youngwoon-ah, why are you asking these things?” she probed and Youngwoon hastily made an excuse to hang up.

Instead of getting mad, Seoyeon turned to Heechul and smiled. “Mission accomplished.” She grinned and Heechul sighed relieved. “Did he say it? Are you sure he fell for Min again?” he questioned and the girl held up his arm. “I am sure, Chul. His tone was overly relieved when I said I was not in love with Sungmin.”

Heechul patted her head with a small smile. “Thank you for loving them this much.” she looked up at him and smiled. “It’s so horrible when you little brother is more alluring than you.” she joked, but then she frowned. “Math!” and thus she tried to concentrate on studying. Heechul picked up his phone and called Kyuhyun. “Kyu baby, Mission accomplished. The raccoon fell in love with the fox. Now to next stage: get the fox to believe it. Tell Jongwoon not to mess up with his part, I was hard to get Jungsoo to arrange everything for you to be able to rehearse this Sunday at such short notice. We do have to thank Donghae for the unexpected help.”

“Yah, hyung! We will follow your instructions with care, don't worry.” The younger replied before hanging up again, he was still rehearsing with Sungmin and Jongwoon.

Meanwhile Youngwoon had gone back to his scribings and while re-reading what he had written his heart broke at a new realization: Sungmin was most probably in love with Kyuhyun. For the rest of the day he felt like killing himself. How could he help Sungmin find happiness when he was already on his free will sacrificing it? That was probably why everybody was so keen to make him believe he was not close to Sungmin, for him not to suffer with the knowing that the one he was in love with, loved his childhood best friend, while said childhood best friend was dating someone else.

To clear up his mind Youngwoon his game console and tried to empty his mind by killing things virtually.  But as the night approached, even though he wanted to keep himself awake,  as it always happened a dull headache came and he out.


Sunday               

Kyuhyun pounced on Youngwoon and the older boy screamed scared less. “WHAT THE HELL CHO KYUHYUN?!” he screamed at his friend when his heart calmed down enough for him to understand he was not in imminent danger.

“HYUNG!” Kyuhyun shouted back. “You promised to come with me! you know I have stage fright!” the younger added with a pout.

Youngwoon blinked at his younger friend and had to rack his brain for what was happening, but strangely enough he had no recollection of what the younger was talking about. At seeing how lost Youngwoon was looking back at him, Kyuhyun playfully slapped his forehead. “Right we were not alone when we made the plans.” he started off before he stood up and pulled a reluctant Youngwoon out of bed. “Hyung, today we have stage rehearsal at the school auditorium for the festival. You know I have stage fright whenever it is not related to math! I am already going to be late, so go wash up, gulp down some toasts and go to school with me!” Kyuhyun explained with a pout and a pleading expression.

“But Kyuhyun I can’t go to school today, I have to read my diaries…” Youngwoon started to protest at the prospect of going to school on a freaking Sunday. Yet Kyuhyun was faster than the older boy. “Nah, hyung. None of your friends are going there other than me and Jongwoon.” Kyuhyun lied already handing over a photo of his boyfriend to his hyung.

Youngwoon picked the item with a grunt and read over the information, after reading the second line he looked up startled. “Your boyfriend? Seriously?” he asked dumbfound and Kyuhyun had to chuckle on how fun it was for Youngwoon to ask that first thing. He blushed and nodded. “Yeah. Seriously. Now leave the teases for later because I am late!” Kyuhyun whined, pushing Youngwoon in the direction of his bathroom.

The older boy chuckled happily for his friend, it was nice to see Kyuhyun blushing so adorably like that. He complied because really he couldn’t, for the life in him, say ‘no’ to 90% of the things the younger asked of him.

While Youngwoon was showering Kyuhyun quickly picked up the diary to read what his hyung had written for the week, he was surprised though when he saw a separate paper with Youngwoon’s troubled thoughts and he felt like strangling Youngwoon for the conclusion he got. Yet he still blushed because, really, all the things he noticed for the past week all pointed to that. Kyuhyun had never imagine a love triangle between him, Jongwoon and Sungmin. Would Jongwoon have been jealous of the way Sungmin treated him? He would certainly ask his boyfriend later.

Kyuhyun folded the stupid thoughts-put-on-paper and put it in his pocket while he also picked the notebook and put it in his backpack. The moment Youngwoon came out of the room half dressed Kyuhyun was already forcing a shirt on his head and pushing his older friend out of the bedroom.

Thankfully Youngwoon’s mother had been sensitive over Kyuhyun’s matters and she prepared her son’s breakfast for him to eat on his way to school. Take Youngwoon out of the house without letting him read his notes was rather easy. Kyuhyun rejoiced over the power he had over his hyung.

The two friends kept talking about the rehearse, but not once Kyuhyun had mentioned anything about Sungmin and thus everything was ready and set for the final act of Heechul’s plan.

When the two friends were almost by the auditorium door Kyuhyun received a text message. With a stupid grin Kyuhyun called for Youngwoon. “Hyung, Jongwoonnie just texted me he is also late. He asked me to go get him by the gates so wait for me here okay?” he pipped and without waiting for a reply he sprinted back from where they came from. Youngwoon still reached a hand to grab the younger but it was all in vain, Kyuhyun was way too fast when he wanted to be.

With a sigh Youngwoon laid on the wall beside the auditorium door to wait for his younger friend, yet not even five minutes later someone exited the auditorium and looked around. Youngwoon was not going to bother with that, but the guy smiled when he saw him there and without any hesitation called out. “Youngwoon-ssi! What are you doing here?” the guys asked and Youngwoon felt cold all over.

“K-Kyuhyun dragged me here. He claimed to has stage fright to anything unrelated to math.” Youngwoon replied with a joking tone, trying to pass off as friendly as he could, because really, he didn’t know who that guy was, but the guy seemed to know him and it was not just a ‘good morning’ by the corridors kind of feel. Didn’t Kyuhyun say none of his friends would be there? Then what was that situation.

“Kyu is such a dork, making us do whatever he wants. But I guess with you here he will probably really do better.” the guy added. Youngwoon chanced a glance at him and he felt another wave of a cold feeling running through him, because the guy was not smiling anymore, but looking at him almost curiously, a small frown tainting his beautiful features.

Youngwoon looked at his shoes and then looked at the corridor willing Kyuhyun to come and help him out of that situation, he hated that feeling that something really important was missing, he hated it when he had to talk with someone that was supposed to be his friend, but he just couldn’t remember the person.

“Where is Kyuhyun, anyway?” the guy asked with a smaller tone and Youngwoon felt a sense of awkwardness growing. “He went to meet up with Jongwoon by the gate.” Youngwoon replied without looking back.

“Youngwoon-ssi.” the twinkling voice called with a sad tone and Youngwoon felt cold again. He hummed an acknowledgement. “I am sorry for friday.” the guy added and at that Youngwoon could not refrain himself from looking at the guy. Something happened between them last friday? Youngwoon couldn’t look away. The smaller guy was on the verge of tears, he was valiantly fighting them Youngwoon could tell. The guy had done something that bad?

“No resentments.” Youngwoon mumbled back, hoping that those words could peace them and gain him time for Kyuhyun to get there and freaking tell him who that guy was.

“No. I am really sorry for punching you, Youngwoon-ssi.” The guy said with so much pain that the first instinct Youngwoon had was to shush him. “That’s fine, I don’t mind, no resentments really.” He didn’t even know if that was the right thing to say, but the guy was apologizing so Youngwoon thought that reply was fine enough, but when the guy did cry, when a tear fell off and the guy took a step back shaking his head Youngwoon knew he was screwed.

“What… What’s my name, Youngwoon-ssi?” The guy demanded with so much hurt in his tone that Youngwoon couldn’t reply, he couldn’t even say ‘sorry, I can’t remember.’ But it seemed that he didn’t need to reply because the guy was shaking his head again, new tears falling and Youngwoon felt like holding the guy and begging for forgiveness instead.

“Why? Why you don’t remember me?!” The guy asked taking another step back, Youngwoon felt he was about to flee and he felt he couldn’t allow him to go away while in that estate, so he reached and firmly held the guy’s arm. “Kyuhyun said you would remember me… Why?” Once again Youngwoon felt a lump in his throat, seeing that guy in pain seemed to have an ill effect on him, he wanted to reply, he wanted to remember, he wanted to know why and what was happening, but he still couldn’t say anything.

“You have one voice mail.” a female mechanic voice suddenly was heard and right after Youngwoon’s voiced sounded, clearly desperate. “Sungmin, please. I love you, I truly love you. Don’t listen to Heechul. Please. Call me back, let’s talk this through.”

The guy stiffened and the two of them just stared into each other’s eyes for a moment before they looked back at the corridor where Kyuhyun was standing beside Jongwoon, who was holding on to Sungmin’s phone, he had gotten hold of with saying his own phone had died and he needed to contact Kyuhyun. Sungmin felt his head spinning as he finally noticed there had been some kind of conspiracy behind his back

“This is why Youngwoon hyung can’t remember you, Sungmin hyung.” Kyuhyun said softly, almost apologeticaly.

“What?” Youngwoon mumbled feeling like all air had been punched out of him.

Kyuhyun smiled sadly. “You two love each other.” he said, walking closer and handing over two notebooks to Youngwoon while Jongwoon walked to Sungmin handing him another notebook.

“Sungmin-ah.” Jongwoon wiped one of the tears from his younger friend’s face. “This is true. Heechul hyung didn’t know, so he acted blindly, but this is true.”

Kyuhyun put a hand over the one Youngwoon was still using to hold on to Sungmin. “Youngwoon hyung, Sungmin-ssi was your friend in junior high, he has been your friend since he started high school too, but you were not only friends… Nobody but me knew that you had fallen in love with Sungmin back in junior high… I am sorry for keeping it a secret after your accident… I could see that you were once again falling in love with him in high school, so I thought that things were naturally going to go to its right tracks, but, when you finally realized that you had once again fallen in love, Heechul hyung, a friend of ours, moved by a protective feeling towards the both of you, tricked all of us. You have dated with Sungmin for a week, hyung, and at the saturday of that week, Heechul hyung told Sungmin about your predicament, you had never told Sungmin about it, because you didn’t want him to know that you couldn’t remember him, when the thing Sungmin wanted the most was for you to just remember him. Because he loved you that much, because he didn’t want to keep hurting you, by keeping on unintentionally making you feel awful for not remembering things, Sungmin hyung broke up with you before you could tell him how much you loved him and thus we all came up with this plan.”

At that point Sungmin couldn’t keep quiet. “What? What are you talking about, Kyuhyun?!” Sungmin looked at the younger with so much pain one could mistake it for hatred, what had shocked him the most was the talk about junior high.

“Would you have believed in the voice mail Youngwoon had left, if you had heard it that Saturday or any day before today?” Jongwoon challenged with a small caring voice. Sungmin stiffened. “Min-ah, we did this so you could believe how strongly Youngwoon feels for you. For a week we tried to make him believe you were nothing but Kyuhyun’s best friend, that you two had never been friends but from the first time he put his eyes on you, you have not left his mind. He kept thinking about you, he kept wondering about you until he understood that you had been something more, he didn’t know how much more, but he knew in the least that he had fallen for you, he knew he had to pretend he didn’t know that you were someone important for him, that he had to pretend that he was fine without you by his side. He got to a very stupid conclusion but at least he got what was most important: that he loves you.” Jongwoon added.

Kyuhyun forced them to pick the notebooks. “The truth is in here. Heechul hyung, Seoyeon noona, Jongwoonie and I, for the past week we just helped Youngwoon prove to you, Sungmin, that he simply falls in love with you every week and again.”

Silently the two of them picked what had been given them. Youngwoon read through his notes on the previous two weeks while Sungmin read through the notes on the week they had dated. He didn’t fail to notice that the page he had ripped had been methodically glued back. Sungmin was blushing like a strawberry when he shyly handed the notebook to Youngwoon, who blushing as hard, picked it with still cold hands. Not Satisfied with having Sungmin read just that, Kyuhyun pulled out of Youngwoon’s grasp the other two notebooks. “These two are a must too, hyung.” Kyuhyun piped while he forced the items on Sungmin’s hold. Slightly reluctant Sungmin opened the notebooks and read through the notes.

It hit him hard, all the sadness and all the longing Youngwoon had put there, all the wishes that the plan would work, all his wishes that his heart would point his brain into the right direction. Sungmin felt his heart break in unimaginable ways when he read the notes on the past week, how Youngwoon refused to be mislead, how he kept thinking and knowing something was not right, what mostly got to Sungmin was when he read about his song, how Youngwoon was so sure the song was speaking to him but not getting that it was also speaking about them. And then he couldn’t help but laugh when he read that Youngwoon had bravely concluded that Sungmin was in love with Kyuhyun.

“You were always pampering him and making him egg rolls every day, you only seemed to be in peace when he was beside you, what else could I conclude?” Youngwoon asked with an annoyed tone, because finally everything was making sense. There was just one thing that needed to be set right.

“Kyuhyun was the only thing that still connected me to you… I could only reach you through him so of course I had to pamper him.” Sungmin retorted feeling completely overwhelmed. “I can’t believe I suffered unnecessarily for two weeks thanks to Heechul hyung. I want to strangle him now.” He added still not daring look at Youngwoon, but the older boy had other plans. “We can do that together, but for now there is still something I need to know.” Youngwoon retorted softly holding on to Sungmin’s chin and making the younger look at him.

“What?” Sungmin asked almost dazedly. There was knowing once again in Youngwoon’s eyes. “I need to know how it feels.” Youngwoon mumbled before kissing Sungmin’s lips. And for good minutes the two of them kept on kissing, slowly, allowing their senses to be completely filled with each other while in a soft embrace. Kyuhyun smirked happily while looking at his job well done while Jongwoon took a photo for future reference.

“I promise you, Sungmin, good things will come your way, and we’ll live more honestly from now on. I will truly protect you this time, Sungmin.” Sungmin remembered Heechul telling him that, remembered all the times Kyuhyun had seemed to want to tell him something but then gave up, all the strange advices and promises Jongwoon kept on asking of him, he understood why Seoyeon was always creating opportunities to re-create the past and allow him and Youngwoon alone.

Earlier when he noticed that Youngwoon didn’t know him, when he noticed that Youngwoon couldn’t remember him, Sungmin was desperate thinking that he would have to get farther away, that he would have to become even less so Youngwoon would remember him. But there, while kissing Youngwoon and being kissed back as lovingly, he finally accepted that the older boy not remembering him, was, in a twisted way, something good.

Monday                    

Sungmin was laying against the gates while stupidly smiling at himself. Students kept passing by and looking weirdly at him, but he couldn’t care less about them. He was going on his head about what happened the previous day, remembering that after the stage rehearse they all gathered at Youngwoon’s house to celebrate, and they did so by putting back on Youngwoon’s wall and ceiling Sungmin’s pictures. It was slightly creepy to have his boyfriend have his room decorated like that, but Sungmin would get used with the circumstances.

“Sungmin?” Youngwoon called as he arrived at school, surprised to see the younger there, completely lost in his own thoughts.

Sungmin jerked and, with a grin, stared with determination at Youngwoon. “Go out with me.” he said directly to the point.

“What?” Youngwoon asked back with a laugh, but then he understood what Sungmin was doing, he was staging how their relationship strangely started. “Fine, but let me warn you, you only have seven days to make me fall in with you.” Youngwoon joked off.

Sungmin smiled. “That’s all I need.” he retorted claiming his first kiss of the day.


Ah the longest chapter so far, somehow i am scared i had messed up after all. But I hope you guys could tell how Heechul's master plan worked here, everything that Kyuhyun, Jongwoon and Seoyoen did was following his instructions, whenever they found out something they would tell Heechul who would skillfully perfect the plan and use everthing that came up to his advantage i guess he managed to redime himself lol

I want to thank you all for taking this short journey with me and for all the subscriptions and the upvotes

See you guys in my future pieces <3