The Hurt One

Sota's Story

Darkness fell upon the city of Tokyo, Japan. Stars, sparkling next to the circular silver moon, which was blurred by a gloomy mist. Hayate left the television on, to fill in the silence in his room.

            “Washio Reina has been reportedly spotted on a date with Sota…” the news reporter announced.

            It’s not true, it isn’t. He was in denial. He was in love with Reina.

            “Hayate,” Sota knocked on the door, “It’s not what you think it is.”

He ignored Sota and knew exactly that he was being lied to. Will there ever be room for me, Reina?

            “Hayate!” A sweet soft voice called for him, “Sota is right. It isn’t what it seems to be.”

            Reina? What is she doing here? He opened the door to a broken like doll.

            “I like you,” she confessed without eye contact.

            “I just saw her on the way and decided to pick her up and tell her how much you like her,” Sota explained.

            Hayate felt so bitter, yet so sweet. He bit his bottom lip and lifted up her chin to glare deeply into her eyes, “say that again.”

            Reina hesitated; she wanted to but, it was so hard just even to say ‘I like you’ to someone she liked. She gulped and started, “Wada Hayate, would you like to be my boyfriend?”

            He intensely blushed and felt his cheeks burn up, “S-sure!”

Hayate smiled brightly as Sota left the two lovebirds.

            Reina grinned happily and tip-toed to level with his height, and planted a kiss on his cheeks.

            This was exactly what I have always ever wanted. Hayate thought as he hugged her back for the kiss she gave him.

“Sometimes love comes in many ways. It does not come in a way that you expect it, but it is worth it as long as that someone you love, loves you back,” Sota talked to himself, “it hurts, when that person doesn’t love you back.”

“I’m sorry,” Reina told Sota after he confessed to her, “I don’t like you that way.”

“Ah, well,” he smiled painfully, “this is rather awkward.”

“No, it’s okay,” she curved a smile.

“Is it,” he started, “is it Hayate, that you like?”

Sota felt his heart shattering to small specs of dust and it was hurting him. I knew I shouldn’t have confessed, it was so clear she liked Hayate.

“Let’s just forget about it,” she bit her inner lip and didn’t do anything that may make him like her more.

“Yeah, let’s,” he heaved a sigh before they both got to Hayate’s house.

“I’m still going to like you no matter what,” Sota said as he left the couple, “And I am the one that will be hurt for loving her, while she is receiving love from the one she loves.”

_______________________________________________________________________

SUMMER STARTS TODAYYYYY!!!! I fell in love with Da-ice and Flower!!!! SO FREAKING OHDUIUJODKL! Their songs are EARGASMS!