The world might be ending soon...

The Confession

A smile appears on her face as she saw what she was waiting for. A camera on hand, she takes a few shots of the new beginning. Suzy really loves photography. It was said the photography is the art of the eyes - catching a moment in time and making it still forever. Today is the first day of the year and her task is to take a picture of the rising sun. It really is a captivating sight. Satisfied, she takes a random seat and began browsing at her previous shots. Her eyes widens at a certain shot. It reminded her of last night's event.

 

Flashback:

Suzy strolled across the long corridor checking every door making sure it was locked. Tonight, they are having the New Year’s countdown party at their dorm. Her older brother, Nichkhun- the dorm leader, looked too tired so she volunteered doing the task. Halfway though, she saw Wooyoung slumped on the floor looking at - she checks what he's looking at- nothing but the thin air. She's surprised that her feet seem to have a mind of its own. Before she knew it, she's already in front of Wooyoung.

 

Wooyoung had been always the enigmatic prince - unpredictable. Deceiving. Never really caring about what's happening. So it really isn't weird to think that the world might be ending as soon as she heard those words.

 

"I love you. Do you love me?" the young lady stayed rooted on the spot - not able to think of a witty comeback. Then he smirked and God! dear God! He smirked! "Nevermind. I'll make you fall then." That look in his eyes... He moved closer. Close enough she can feel his breath against my right cheek. "Be ready" then left her confused as ever.

--

Suzy tries reasoning. "He's probably drunk and mistook me for another girl." She shakes her head violently chasing away the image of Wooyoung kissing her forehead. It was gentle and as much as she wants to deny it, it did sent shivers running down her spine. 

 

Ring... ring...

 

"Ne?" she answered absentmindedly looking at the temple's surrounding

(Ya Maknae! Do you seriously want to give hyung (Nichkhun) a heart attack?!) 

She winced at the voice. Junho really doesn't know how to lower his voice sometimes.

"Waeyo?" 

(You aren't home yet.)

"What's with the fuss?" she remembered telling her older brother about her project so why?

(Aish. this kid. You're not reading your mails again, aren't you?) Suzy could perfectly imagine Junho and his infamous face palm at this moment

(Someone's looking for you.)

"Oh really? Who?"

(I... don't know. I just saw him last night from the party.)

Him?

Then she heard Junho shout. (Ya! What's your name again?)

A pause and a familiar voice made her blood run cold.

Her hunch confirmed hearing Junho say

(He says he's Jang Wooyoung)

O___O

 

Seriously? What does he want from me?

---

The world might be really ending soon.

When she arrived that late morning, her brother, Junho and Wooyoung were talking as they’ve been friends for decades. Nichkhun let her sit then Wooyoung explained why he was there.

“Nichkhun hyung I know it hasn’t been long since we met, but I would like to tell you that I want to court your sister.” Honestly, she was expecting some violent reaction because come on! She’s his youngest sister! He should’ve been protective like normal older brother does! But no. Instead, he gave that enigmatic prince a smile and his blessing.

The world might be really ending soon.

If possible, Suzy’s jaws would’ve fall off with what she’s seeing.

“What are you doing here?” she can’t help but throw that curious question. Really? Jang Wooyoung?

“Fetching you.” He answers with that reserve smile of his.

“You don’t need to do this.”

“Take care of my sister!” Nichkhun shouts and Suzy feels like his brother is really selling her. She rolls her eyes (kids, don’t do this at home, okay?) In her irritation, she grabs Wooyoung’s hand and drags him all the way to school.

“What’s wrong?” she asks. She sees Wooyoung catching his breath, his face flushed. The question goes unanswered which makes Suzy move closer.

“Stay there.” He warns, hands clutching his chest heaving heavily. So this is her effect to me after all. This lady is really dangerous. Wooyoung thinks feeling how his heart is pounding against his ribcage. He decides to leave Suzy the next second.

The young lady gazed at the enigmatic prince as he dashed towards his designated room.

“What’s wrong with him?” The question bothers her till the afternoon.  

--

The world might be really ending soon.

Why? Because the prince who didn’t give a hell in the world is in front of her, currently preparing lunch for both of them. She watched as he organized each Tupperware filled with different food and presented it to her with a smile. She couldn’t believe it. He smiled. Freakin’ smiled. Wooyoung had always been the quiet reserved guy from his class, never showing his smile, never labelled the nice guy. So who is this man in front of her?

She observed on how enthusiastic he is in eating the lunch. On how he looks like a kid when the sauce spills from his mouth. He blinks at her.

“Not hungry?” he asks innocently.

“Why?”

He blinks and sniffs. Must be because the food is spicy. “You’re not eating.” He explains. He picks a meat and places it on top of my share.

“No.” I look directly at his eyes searching for answers. “Why are you doing this?”

He stops - playfulness and the childlike aura gone in a snap. He smiles though and Suzy can’t deny how it is captivating.

“I’ve been the enigmatic prince everyone knew and then suddenly, I confess that’s why you’re confused?” he confirms and Suzy nods. He plays with his food suddenly too shy to look at her in the eyes.

“I’ve been in love with you for so long, Suzy. I don’t know when or how but I just did.” He confesses. “I didn’t know how to make to look at me but I guess I was lucky enough that night.” He stops and looks into her eyes and Suzy doesn’t know what she should feel. “I told you I’d make you fall for me right? So just let me be.” His hands felt like fire as it held hers.  “Our feelings… it may not be mutual now but it will be… soon.”

Suzy nods as if hypnotized. The world might be really ending soon. She thinks 

--

The world might be really ending soon.

Suzy couldn’t believe what she is actually doing. What she’s doing? She’s being violent. Someone had been seducing her Wooyoung.

Huff.

My mind has gone mad. She thinks.

Her hands seem to have a mind of its own as she felt her sunbae’s silky hair on her fingertips. She would’ve complimented its texture if not she’s being controlled by a bad element called jealousy.

She’d had enough of them flirting around the campus.

They’d even been dubbed as the milky couple. She said she didn’t care but this woman who’s actually shorter than her just have to provoke her. She says that Wooyoung’s better off without Suzy. That Suzy better stop giving Wooyoung false hopes that she’d actually go out with him. Because she doesn’t love him.

Because she doesn’t love him.

Because she doesn’t love him.

Because she doesn’t love him.

“That’s bulls***!!!” She hollers pushing her because her sunbae is really starting to get even. And it freakin’ hurts!!

“Who are you to tell what I should feel?!”

“Because it’s obvious, my little dongsaeng.” She smirks and I glared at her. Dang! I feel bad for being disrespectful but!!!

“How long has it been since he started courting you? It’s almost a year, right?” she raised a brow daring me to contradict her statement. She’s right. It’s almost a year…

“And I heard Nichkhun oppa is okay with Wooyoung oppa. So why are you holding back? WHO ARE YOU TO GIVES FALSE HOPES TO WOOYOUNG OPPA? Smiling at him, treating him nice, being polite and all…”

Then we both found ourselves looking at the direction where two good looking guys are – Wooyoung and Taecyeon. She laughs.

“Or you’re actually a flirt?”

What?

“You and Taecyeon oppa. I saw you two. You’re close. You like him, don’t you?  But you’re too selfish to let Wooyoung oppa go.”

“That’s not true,”

She smirks. “Then prove it.”

“Prove what?”

“Who do you really like, Bae Suzy?”

---

The world might be really ending soon.

Suzy could literally feel her heart hammering against her ribcage. Jieun is really a wonderful lady. She’s got a nice voice, pretty, and nice. Well, except to me. She thinks

And who is Jang Wooyoung to actually say no to her? Wooyoung and Jieun had been close for as long as Suzy remembers that’s why she questioned Wooyoung’s confession before. Even though the young gentleman had been very consistent in telling Suzy of his feelings for the young lady, even though he had been very consistent in making her feel special, Jieun is right. It’s almost a year… Wooyoung might be tired… and Suzy is scared – Scared that Wooyoung’s feelings already wavered. And that it’s too late to tell him that she finally feels the same.

She hopes she’s not.

But seeing Wooyoung holding her hand, smiling like that, shatters what’s left of that hope.

Jieun sees her, lets go of Wooyoung’s hand and walks towards her.

“I win, Bae Suzy.” She smiles evilly and pats her shoulders.

Suzy blinks. She feels sick.

She blinks again and tries to remember how to breathe properly.

Too late.

“Are you okay?” his gentle voice interrupts her.

“I’m too late, aren’t I?” she asks wiping her tears but her eyes kept generating some more. She couldn’t stop crying.

Wooyoung pats her.

“I’m sorry I made you wait too long.” She begins. She doesn’t think of anything but blurt what she feels.

Wooyoung on the other hand doesn’t know what to say or do so he just let her talk. He guides her to the nearby bench and sits there looking at her.

“It’s just that…” she chokes but proceeds on her speech anyway. “I don’t want to just say yes even though I don’t feel the same. If I’d say yes, I want it to be sincere. Just not out of pity. Or just because it’s annoying already. Or just because Nichkhun oppa likes you for me. Or just because you made all those efforts for me to appreciate you. I doubted you, Wooyoung. I doubted your confession. That you will make me fall for you. I was too confident that I won’t but… guess was wrong.” There were so many tears falling down that even though she desperately wants to stop crying, she couldn’t and she feels like drowning in them. She was so busy crying she missed that small smile on Wooyoung’s lips. His brows are scrunching up though.

“But I guess I’m late. Too late. “she tries to compose herself and holds Wooyoung’s hands.

“Be happy with Jieun eonni, okay?”

Wooyoung laughs and it confuses Suzy. He isn’t just laughing. He is laughing his off.

He stops and looks at Suzy. “Why should I be happy with Jieun, tell me?” Suzy blinks searching for answers.

“Aren’t you guys to–”

Wooyoungs shakes his head. “How many times do I have to say it’s you for you to believe me?”

“But…” Suzy tries to reason but… oh God… dear God… The world might be really endingsoon. She thinks. But she couldn’t think straight now because all she could think of is how Wooyoung’s lips on hers are soft and that all her doubts, all her pain, all her fears are being swept away.

And she felt brave.

So she kissed back.

---

“What did I tell you Wooyoung?” Jieun laughs.

“You’re weird, and that’s so uncalled for. You even made her cry.” Wooyoung protests.

 

“You’re welcome and anything for my best friend.”

 

 

A/N: I’m so sorry. it took a long time because I didn’t write anything decent for a long time and I tried a different writing style. Also writer’s block. It’s always my problem. So tell me what you think. Flames, violent reactions are very much loved~

Love and peace,

sHinJu