1/1

Spin the Bottle

            “So, we are all going to play a game.” Himchan smiled at his bandmates. The idea had struck him right after Zelo had walked in and taken a huge swig of Youngjae’s drink, thinking it was water. It hadn’t been.

            Yongguk would have scolded Zelo but they all knew it was an honest mistake. Now, the six of them were sitting around the coffee table at various stages of drunkenness. If asked, Himchan would deny pouring everyone, besides Zelo, more alcohol, but if any of them had been paying attention they would know it to be a lie. Himchan was the least drunk and he had a reason for it.

            “What kind of game?” Jongup’s smile was a little crooked, but still adorable.

            Himchan couldn’t help but pat his head. “We are going to play spin the bottle.”

            “Hyung!” Daehyun whined louder that usually because of the alcohol. “That is such a stupid game.”

            Himchan looked at each of s, lingering longest on Yongguk who looked ready to rip his head off and Zelo who was starting to blush. ‘Maybe I should have waited a little longer… I’m doing this for those two stubborn guys! Do they really think I want to play this?!’

            Youngjae giggled. “You never know Daehyun-ah, it might be fun.”

            “You wanna play?” Daehyun asked in surprise.

            “We are all friends here!” Himchan said. “And it isn’t like some of us haven’t kissed before. Just think of it as an exercise to strengthen our bond as a group.”

            “Oh…” Daehyun nodded.

            “Hyung, is so smart.”

            “I know, Jonguppie.” Himchan patted the younger’s head. “Help me move the table?”

            “Of course!” Jongup jumped up and wobbled, leaning on Himchan to keep himself stable.

            Himchan groaned quietly, wishing he didn’t have to go to such extreme measures, but he couldn’t think of any other way to get the couple together and if they didn’t get together soon Himchan was worried the dynamic in their group would change. He and Jongup moved the table out of the way and then returned to the circle. Himchan put the bottle in the middle and looked at his bandmates again.

            “What are you waiting for Himchan? Spin if you really want to play.” Yongguk said from his right. Himchan smirked, knowing that the older thought he was bluffing. He wasn’t.

            Himchan leaned in and spun the beer bottle. As the bottle spun around and around the boys ooohed and awed, wondering who it would land on. The bottle began to slow, making one last full circle as it passed by Himchan, then Yongguk, Youngjae, Daehyun, Zelo, and Jongup. Himchan held hid breath, not sure why he was so nervous, until the bottle stopped on Yongguk.

            ‘Of course it would be Yongguk.’ Himchan sighed.

            “Kiss Kiss Kiss!!” The vocal line chanted.

            Himchan rolled his eyes, before leaning over and giving Yongguk a peck on the cheek. “Your turn Bbang.”

            “Hey! That… that’s cheating!” Daehyun pointed at them.

            “I never said you had to kiss on the mouth.” Himchan taunted.

            “Aish… what do you think Junhong-ah?” Daehyun asked.

            “The cheek is fine!” Zelo replied quickly. Himchan had to hold back a laugh, knowing exactly why Zelo didn’t want Himchan to kiss Yongguk’s lips.

            Daehyun pouted, not liking that he was losing. “I suppose the cheek is better…”

            “Of course it is.” Yongguk groaned as he leaned in and spun the bottle.

            Himchan watched as Zelo bit his lip in anticipation, never taking his eyes off of the spinning bottle. ‘Could you be any more obvious kid? Why the hell won’t either of you just confess… don’t worry though, Himchan is here to save the day!’

            Zelo pouted so Himchan looked at the bottle which was pointing at Youngjae. Youngjae giggled and leaned his cheek towards Yongguk.

            Youngjae fell to the ground laughing after Yongguk quickly pecked his cheek. “A kiss from Hyung! If that radio DJ could see us now.”

            “Yah! Hurry and spin!” Daehyun pulled the younger up.

          “Hyung,” Jongup pulled on Himchan’s shirt. “Do you think aliens are responsible for the pyramids in Egypt?”

            Himchan chuckled, unable to hide his smile. “I don’t know guppie, why don’t we talk about it later.”

            Jongup nodded and frowned, still stuck on the pyramids.

            “Junhong! Come to Hyung!” Youngjae shouted.

            Himchan watched as Youngjae almost knocked Zelo onto the floor as he threw himself at the giant maknae. Youngjae made a kissing sound as he lingered on Zelo’s cheek and then pulled back and made a popping noise with his lips. Zelo was giggling and pushing Youngjae back to his side of the circle.

            Out of the corner of his eye, Himchan glanced at Yongguk. Unfortunately, Yongguk noticed. “What?”

            Himchan shrugged. “Nothing.”

            Yongguk frowned but he didn’t have time to ask again before Zelo was spinning the bottle.

            By sheer luck it landed on Youngjae again, who screamed that it was destiny. As Zelo kissed Youngjae’s cheek, Himchan saw Yongguk’s jaw tighten.

            “Something wrong?” Himchan whispered.

            “I don’t know what you are talking about.”

            “Of course.” Himchan sighed before turning his attention back to the bottle which landed on him.

            “Himchan-Hyung?!” Youngjae pouted. “I was hoping for Junhong again.”

            “Yeah, yeah, hurry up before we make you do the penalty.” Himchan rolled his eyes.

            “There’s a penalty?” Zelo looked worried.

            Himchan shrugged waiting for Youngjae to leave a chaste kiss on his cheek before answering. “We can make something up if it comes to that.”

            They continued to play, Himchan kissing Daehyun, who had to kiss Zelo, who completed the circle by kissing Himchan. Himchan kissed Youngjae who gagged but cheered in joy when he got to kiss Zelo again, sneaking in another on the other side. Zelo giggled because of how Youngjae was acting. Zelo was used to Youngjae’s kisses by now because of how often the main vocalist kissed him even when he was sober. The more the maknae ended up getting landed on the fiercer Yongguk began to look.

            “Are you still going to tell me nothing is wrong?” Himchan smirked as he asked Yongguk.

            “Shut up and spin.” Yongguk grumbled.

            Himchan rolled his eyes but did as he was told. His breath caught as the bottle landed on Jongup.

            “My turn again!” Jongup smiled at Himchan who was trying to hide how flustered he was.

            “Something wrong?” Yongguk was practically laughing.

            Himchan scowled at his best friend before leaning over and kissing Jongup’s cheek. He retracted himself quickly and looked away, not seeing Jongup’s frown. “Go ahead and spin Jongup-ah.”

            “Okay…”

            ‘How is this happening?!’ Himchan looked at the bottle wide eyed as it landed on Zelo. ‘How is this kid always the target?’

            “Wow the bottle must like you.” Daehyun laughed.

            Zelo smiled shyly as Jongup kissed his cheek. Zelo held the bottle and closed his eyes, as if concentrating on it.

            “What are you doing? Hoping it will land on someone?” Himchan wiggled his eyebrows.

            “N—No!” Zelo shouted in denial. He spun the bottle quickly only for it to land on Daehyun, much to the younger’s disappointment.

            “Alright guys, let’s make this interesting.” Daehyun said as he watched the bottle spin.

            “What do you mean?” Youngjae asked as he rocked back and forth with a smile on his face.

            The bottle landed on Yongguk and Daehyun smirked. “Like this.”

            Daehyun crawled a bit into the circle until he could grab Yongguk, pulling him closer until he was kissing him on the lips.

            Youngjae was freaking out on the floor again, somewhere in between laughing and screaming as he wiggled around.

            Daehyun laughed after seeing Yongguk’s shocked face and sat back down. “Now this is how you play spin the bottle.”

            “Well damn, Daehyun.” Himchan chuckled. He looked at Zelo and wasn’t surprised to see the younger with a scowl on his face.

            Yongguk spun the bottle and kissed Jongup’s cheek still embarrassed from kissing Daehyun so suddenly.

            “I thought we were taking this up a notch!” Daehyun called Yongguk out.

            Himchan laughed. “We don’t have to if we don’t want to!”

            “Okay, good.” Jongup sighed in relief as he leaned over to kiss Zelo. Zelo turned at the last second though and their lips connected. Jongup jumped back, landing on Himchan, who instinctively hugged him closer. “You kissed me!”

            “Way to go Junhong! Hyung knew he could count on you!” Daehyun shook Zelo’s shoulders in excitement.

            Zelo shrugged defiantly. “I don’t see what’s wrong with it.”

            Himchan rolled his eyes. ‘His jealousy is even worse when he is drunk. Please let the bottle make those two kiss already.’

            “Junhonggie!! Come to me!” Youngjae shouted as he held his arms out for Zelo.

            “Does the bottle show us who we should date?” Jongup asked Himchan seriously. “It keeps making Youngjae and Zelo kiss.”

            “Did you rig this?” Yongguk asked behind gritted teeth. He was practically shaking as he held himself back.

            “How could I do that?!” Himchan was just as shocked as everyone else. “Plus Junhong has kissed other people. Youngjae just makes a huge fuss when they get to kiss.”

            Zelo giggled as he crawled forward. Youngjae grabbed his face and kissed him twice on the lips rapidly. “My Junhonggie!”

            “Hyung, what are you doing?” Zelo chuckled.

            Youngjae rubbed their noses together. “You are just so cute how can I keep my hands off of you? You should sit next to me—why are we even playing when I kiss you all the time anyhow?”

            Zelo giggled again, this time as he began to blush. “That isn’t how the game is played, Hyung.”

            Youngjae pouted. “Fine, but one more kiss before you go back.”

            Just before their lips could connect, Zelo yelped as he was pulled away by his hips.

            Himchan sighed. ‘Finally.’ He watched in interest as Yongguk glared at Youngjae with Zelo now sitting securely in his lap.

            “I think we’ve played this long enough.”

            Himchan rolled his eyes, done with his stubborn friend. “You’re just jealous that Junhong has kissed everyone here but you.”

            “That’s not—“

            “Oh look!” Himchan pointed at the bottle he had just moved. “It landed on Zelo when you spun it.”

            Yongguk furrowed his brow while Zelo blushed, not able to do anything else in his current position. “I don’t remember spinning… wasn’t it Youngjae’s turn?”

            “Ye—“

            “No.” Himchan cut Youngjae off. “We agreed since he stole so many kisses that we would skip him so you spun it. You don’t remember?”

            “N—“

            “Just kiss!” Himchan started pushing their heads together.

            “Hurry!” Jongup giggled. “You don’t want to be forced to do the penalty!”

            “The penalty!” Zelo’s eyes widened.

            “Fine!” Yongguk shouted and pushed Himchan’s hands away.

            The rappers looked at each other nervously, Yongguk gulped, but they leaned ever closer. Finally their eyes closed and their lips connected. It was obvious that this kiss was different from the other kisses that evening. The way they lingered, how Zelo relaxed in Yongguk’s arms, which held onto the boy gently, and how Zelo’s arms slowly crept around Yongguk’s neck.

            ‘FINALLY!’ Himchan began clapping. “Say hello to the happy couple everyone!”

            Yongguk and Zelo pulled apart, both looking embarrassed.

            “We aren’t together!” Yongguk denied.

            “Really?!” Himchan rolled his eyes. “Why not? It’s obvious you both like each other.”

            The two rappers both sat there quietly, not confirming or denying, just waiting for the other to make the first move.

            Himchan groaned. “Unless you confess we are going to keep playing.”

            “Let’s keep playing!” Daehyun cheered and reached for the bottle in the middle.

            Yongguk tightened his grip on Zelo, who squeaked in surprise. “Junhong isn’t playing anymore.”

            “Why?” Himchan smirked, knowing he was close to winning.

            Yongguk scowled, staring Himchan down until Daehyun shouted again. “I landed on Zelo’s spot! That means I kiss Zelo right?!”

            “No,” Yongguk buried his face in Zelo’s shoulder. “Because his lips are mine.”

            “Hy—Hyung!?” Zelo blushed as he looked down at Yongguk.

            Himchan chuckled. He watched as Zelo lifted Yongguk’s head and kissed him on the lips, telling him that he returned the feeling. Himchan turned around and pulled a notebook out of his pocket.

            He crossed out the word Banglo before looking back at his bandmates, a knowing smirk gracing his lips. ‘One down… is it time that I, Himchan the great matchmaker, get the daejae pair together?’  


A/N: I've never tried to tell someone's love story from another's POV so do you guys think this worked? Or nah?

Thanks for reading ^_^