Maybe Later

Maybe Later - Yongguk ft Youngjae
The soft light of dusk flooded into his room through his slightly opened blinds. A smile gently pulled on his lips while his reflection stared back at him, mirroring his every action to perfection, he took a few deep breaths while he fixed his hair according to his reflection. With his mind churning on what activity to surprise you with tonight, he chuckled to himself once the perfect idea came to his mind.

Taking a few steps back, he saw his whole appearance, moving his own eyes up and down his figure, he straightened his tie and pushed a strand of hair back into place. Finally happy with his appearance, he smiled and turned around. Grabbing his phone off of the foot of the bed, he pulled up your number happily.

While his fingers typed against the screen, his white teeth gently pulled on his bottom pink lip while he pressed the send button.

Would you like to go on a date tonight?

Rereading his text over and over, he waited for you to reply, thinking that it wasn’t too forward since he was your boyfriend, after all. A little check mark popped up under his message, his eyes brightened as did his smile.

Still awaiting your answer, he held the phone loosely in his hand, tapping his fingers on his leg, he just waited while you typed your answer. Anticipation started to grow inside of him, just wanting you to answer already.

His phone sounded at your incoming text and his eyes shot down at your newest message. With his eyes reading your message from left to right, they started to slow and his mind comprehended what the words were forming.

Slowly, he dropped his phone from his gaze, holding it to his side, lifting his head, he turned it to the side to look at his reflection once more. A bitter sigh came from his pursed lips. Slipping his phone into his pocket, he let his head lower while his feet carefully shuffled against the hard wood floor.

Pulling at his tight tie, he let the knot slip undone while he slowly made his way to the couch. His silk tie gently slipped from under the collar around his neck before he placed it on the empty cushion to the side of him.

Taking out his phone again, he opened up your messages and tried to think back if he would have phrased it differently, if you would be going out with him right now.

I’m sorry I can’t make it. Next time

Yongguk sighed once more, letting his thumb gently scroll up the previous messages.

Maybe next time. I’m busy with Youngjae

I am with Youngjae, maybe next time.

Next time, okay? Youngjae and I already set something up.

I can’t go, I have some other plans with Youngjae. Sorry.

All of your replies lately have been like this. Not knowing what to do, he looked over his shoulder at the candle lit dinner for two. With his stomach persuading his mind to just have a candle light dinner by himself. Yongguk stood up and lazily walked over to the table, sitting down in a chair, he watched the candles burn while his metal chopsticks gently clinked against the wood table.

With his eyes watching the flame of the candle move with the stagnant air and fuel itself, melting the wax letting it run over and down the barrel of the candle. Yongguk sat there, gently ing his shirt and pulling it out of his pants. Sitting there for a few hours, he watched the candles become stubs and piles of dried wax.

Once the candles burnt out by themselves, he pulled out his phone and checked the time, thinking that you should be home by now, he pulled up your messages and tried to type to you again.

Did you have a good time with your plans?

He sighed while he set his phone down on the table, picking up the two uneaten plates, he packaged the extra food away. Staying in the dark, his eyes adjusted to the dark, just the light of the moonlight gently spilled through the large windows. Placing the plates in the dishwashers, he looked back at his phone.

Checking his messages again, he saw your small reply.

Yeah, Youngjae took me home.

Goodnight

Yongguk replied slightly bitter that you were spending more time with Youngjae then you were with your boyfriend, him. Turning off his phone, he walked quickly back to his bedroom, plugging his phone into the charger, he ran his fingers through his perfect hair, ruffling it up in anger and frustration.

Turning around, he sat on his bed bouncing a little once the mattress adjusted to his weight. Laying back, his arm gently covered his eyes as jealous tears spilled from the corner of his eyes.

A while later, he sat up and took off his shirt, throwing it to the floor before undressing and sliding into his bed.

Sitting on your bed, you combed out your hair gently while you waited for his reply. Knowing how he loved to hear about your day, you found it odd that he wasn’t replying.

Glancing over at your clock, you knew it was late, making up your mind that you were going to see him tomorrow, you sent him a goodnight text before tucking yourself into bed.

The bright sun lit up Yongguk’s room barely getting him to stir under the bright sunlight that kissed his bare skin. Highlighting the tense muscles under his skin, he gripped the sheets while his breathing picked up pace. Shaking himself out of sleep, he sat up, gently arching his back and rubbing his eyes before letting himself down on the bed again. A yawn gently escaped his lips again while his fingers brushed over his disheveled hair.

Not finding sleep appealing anymore, he got up, putting on a pair of sweats and a clean tank top, he walked out into his kitchen. Pouring a little glass of water, he walked out to his balcony to take in the new day that brought new challenges.

A gentle knock on the door caught his attention, turning his head over his shoulder, he walked back inside. Placing his glass on the counter, he then walked over to the door. Unlocking it slowly, he twisted the handle gently opening the door slowly to the guest that he wasn’t expecting.

"Hello" You cooed softly.

"Hey, I thought you were out with Youngjae today" Yongguk slightly snarled.

"W-Well, I wanted to see you." You sheepishly confessed. Opening the door a little wider, he gestured for you to come inside. Closing the door behind you, he moved past you while you took off your shoes. Picking up his glass, he finished the rest of his water, before putting it in the sink and walked over to the couch.

Letting out a huff, he sat down on the couch, finding the remote, he a little show to distract him but you just stood there awkwardly.

"Yongguk?" You questioned taking a step into his place.

"Mmmmm?" He hummed from the couch not taking his eyes away from the screen. Approaching him slowly, you sat on the edge of his couch cushion.

"Is something wrong?" You asked carefully, not wanting to make things worse than they already were. Yongguk shook his head, lifting his feet up and placing them on the coffee table in the middle of the room.

Tilting your head to look at him, you thought it a little odd that he was acting this way. Even in his most tired state, he wasn’t this distant from you. Chewing on the inside of your lip, you thought of his favorite thing to do and that made you have an idea.

Leaning down, you rested your head on his shoulder but you felt him underneath you, he tensed and moved slightly away from you, feeling his eyes on you, you slowly lifted up your head.

"What are you doing?" He asked you with wide eyes, reminding you of when you two were just friends.

"Nothing" You replied slightly ashamed of your actions. Biting your lip, he head shook gently before looking back at the screen of the tv.

Your mind raced trying to think of something else, an idea came to your mind, an idea that you knew that he couldn’t refuse. Sliding your hand into his, you wrapped your arm around him and curled your legs under you, while your knees gently rested against his thigh.

Rolling his eyes slowly, he looked down at you, you were in your favorite position and his but he couldn’t let this slide.

"If you want to do this, why don’t you go make Youngjae your boyfriend instead." Yongguk stood up, ripping his hand out of your hold, he walked over to the tv and turned it off.

"W-What?" You sat on the couch a little taken back by his outburst.

"You spend enough time with him! You spend more time with him then me!" His voice started to get stern and cold while you sat there and just watched him grip the remote in his hand as his veins started to make their appearance across his skin.

"Why are you saying this?" You asked trying to stay calm yourself.

"You have missed dates with me, canceled them because you wanted to go out with Youngjae, you haven’t even came to see me this week, you haven’t hugged me once these past two weeks and I have missed your kisses for three." Yongguk tried to compose himself as emotions took him over and started to make tears swell in your eyes. "You even missed our anniversary." He added softly, turning away from you and placing the remote on the tv.

"Yongguk, I-I didn’t mean to." You stood up from the couch and he just shook his head. "I really didn’t mean to, I was just having so much fun with him. It was so fun having a friend that was my age that I got a little carried away."

Slowly moving towards him, you slowly reached your hand out and touched his muscular arm. Feeling his muscles relax slowly, his shoulders rounded slightly and turned towards you slowly.

"I’ll make it up to you." You tilted your head upwards to look into his eyes.

"Do you know how jealous I was? Do you know how lonely I was sitting in front of candles staring at your messages? Do you-" He was cut off by a sweet kiss to his lips from you. His eyes gently widened and looked down at you while your cheeks blushed under his gaze.

"I’m sorry." You whispered softly, looking from one of his beautiful eyes to the other.

Slowly, Yongguk gently pulled you against him. His head gently rested against yours while his hands gently rubbed your back.

"I missed you." He whispered, an overwhelming feeling flooded over you, making your knees weak. Bringing your arms around him, you wrapped your hand around your wrist while your head gently rested on his comfortable chest.

"I’ll make it up to you, I promise." You whisper back.

"I’ll hold you to that." His hands gently s around you and pulled you closer together, but he started swaying and lifted his hand and began to pet your hair while placing a kiss on your head.

The two of you stayed that way for a while, just in each others arms while the man in the moon watched over the two of you keeping the blanket of stars around himself giving you both soft romantic light so the two of you could fall in love all over again.