4th Cookie

A Bagful of Cookies

“I’m back.” The girl’s voice sounded like a mermaid’s song, enchanting and soothing.

 

The eight girls only stared blankly at the just arrived girl, their eyes and mouth wide. The boys, having broken their daze from gaping at the girl, quickly pushed Kai out, signalling him to ask the question everyone present was curious about, “Who are you?”

 

The unknown girl moved her glance to the boys questionably, before she continued to smile and took a step towards the still-blank girls. After stepping closer to the eight girls, the girl bent slightly to match her eyes with the seated girls, “Wake up girls.”

 

“I’m not dreaming, am I?” Yuri muttered, her arms hitting those around her. Yoona, who was directly beside her, shook her head in response, pinching the former at the same time to show her that it really was not a dream.

 

“JESSI~!” Tiffany screamed, her high-pitched and loud voice piercing everyone’s ears as she jumped on the girl, “I MISS YOU SO MUCH!” The other seven girls started to react and likewise, attacked the girl to form the image of a huge group of girls cuddled together. The girl in the centre, to the opposite of what everyone was expecting, only beamed wider despite having eight girls wrapped around her.

 

“I missed you all too.” The girl patted each of the girls on their head and shoulders, signalling them to let go of her due to the many stares on them. As told, the eight girls eventually let go of their embrace of the girl, only to squeal in happiness and excitement again.

 

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” Tiffany shrieked once more, with Sooyoung and Taeyeon slowly glaring off the crowd that had followed their friend all the way here.

 

“I can’t believe you’re here, Jessi! Did you just get off the plane? How were you the past few years? I mean, although we had video calls, but it can’t compare to meeting eye to eye right? And where are you staying?” Tiffany started off a series of questions, only to have the girl giggle softly as she started to calm the former down from her excitement.

 

“Calm down Fany, and yes, I did just got off the plane. I’ve been fine, can’t you tell?” The girl paused to wink at the group of girls jokingly, before she returned to answering her friend’s questions, “What do mean by where am I staying? I’m staying with you all, pabo!”

 

The girls shrieked once again, minding to keep their volume down this time. The twelve boys solely continued to have their gaze fixed on the group of girls, all of them still having the same question. Who was she?

 

“But I have a thing to tell you all,” The girl started, “I think you girls would have to move to a new house.”

 

“What do you mean by that unnie?” Seohyun asked, confirming to the boys that the new girl was older than the girls’ maknae.

 

“Well, I sort of bought a new house for the nine of us.” The girl’s voice got softer by the word, bracing herself for the outbursts by her friends whom she know that well.

 

“WAIT REALLY?!” Sunny shouted, only to notice the stares she was getting from the rest of the cafeteria and shyly apologised. The girl only nodded sheepishly, her left hand rubbing the back of her neck.

 

“You’re awesome Jessi! When are we going to move in?” Taeyeon hugged the girl animatedly as the latter smiled, “Today.” The girls squealed once more, and the group of boys could not help but cover their ears at the high intensity of it.

 

With his curiosity finally at its limit, Chanyeol swiftly stood up, dashing towards the girls table, “Hi girls! What’s your name?”

 

“Go away Park Chanyeol.” Yoona glared, hoping he would go away like usual. But what she did not expect was that this time, Chanyeol’s curiosity won over everything else, even his usual fear of the former.

 

“Come on, please? I, no in fact, everyone of us is curious over your friend here.” Chanyeol half-pleaded, with the other boys nodded in agreement behind him. Tao and Sehun, being the maknaes of the group started using their puppy eyes towards the girls. Screams from the ‘fangirls’ sounded from outside the cafeteria, making the girls cringe at their noise level.

 

The unknow girl shifted her gaze to the group of boys in front of them, her eyes smiling with her lips as she introduced herself politely, “Hello, I’m Jessica Jung Sooyeon, just call me Jessica. I’m the same age as Taeyeon and the other few of them.”

 

“Now, shoo. You got what you wanted.” It was Yuri who glared at the boys this time, with Yoona and Sooyoung chiding Jessica by the side for answering and letting the boys get what they want. Reluctantly, the boys slowly walked back to their table, their heads still constantly turning back to catch glimpses of the girls.

 

“Who are they?” Jessica asked her best friends blurry, obviously curious as to why they were treating the boys like that. The girls were usually nice to everyone, except for those who got on their nerves of course.

 

“A bunch of boys who have a bunch of ‘fangirls’ in the school. You should come one day in the morning to see what happens, those girls are just so annoying and those boys don’t say anything to stop them either.” Sunny explained patiently, as she did not forgot to send another scowl towards the now-seated boys.

 

“Oh… playboys?” Jessica knew when to lower her volume, as only the other eight could hear what she said right at this moment. The girls only nodded in response, disgust taking over their expressions.

 

“Right, do you all have classes after this?” Jessica asked, anticipation rubbed all over her clear eyes. Some of the girls nodded, whilst Taeyeon replied, “I don’t. Neither does Seohyunnie and Yul.”

 

“That’s good!” Jessica’s eyes continued to sparkle, “We can move in first!” Hearing so, those who still had classes after the short lunch break groaned loudly, whereas the named three who were free cheered in happiness.

 

“Come on, let’s go! I don’t think I can park my car for that long of a time outside.” Jessica commented, standing up with her satchel slinged along her left arm. Her graceful and sophisticated actions once again called for awes by both females and males.

 

The four swiftly bid goodbyes to the other five girls, with the five pouting and showing their puppy eyes to show their pitifulness for having lessons instead of moving like the other four were.

 

Laughing at their best friends’ antics, Jessica led her three idle friends out of the cafeteria. As she passed by the boys’ table, she turned absentmindedly to look at the boys, unintentionally staring into another pair of eyes.

 

The frame seemed to freeze there, as the two continued to look into each other’s eyes, with the sun suddenly shining through the window by the boys’ table and onto the two.

 

Widening her eyes slightly at the surprise eye contact, Jessica looked away flustered. But what was unknown to the two individuals, was that an unexpected spark had connected the two in a way that they could never imagine they would be.

 

 

 


 

Author's Note: Hello~~~ Its another update~~ ^-^ I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! ^-^ And uri Jessica finally is involved in this story!! ^-^ 

 

Now that the two main leads are introduced, the story will start to be interesting~~ hehe, so do anticipate the following chapters!! Hehehehehee *Evil laughters* 

 

Anyway, like always, thank you all for reading, subscribing and liking this fic! ^-^ NEXT WEEK THEN YAYYY~~