11th Cookie

A Bagful of Cookies

The only thing that flashed through Jessica’s mind then was, ‘Wait, what?!’

 

Jessica was bewildered, she had only left her laptop to grab a late-night snack for a while, and this happened. She turned to her best friends, questioning them, only to receive sheepish smiles as their fingers moved. Looking back into her screen, the nine girls had already joined her in the apparent hole that everyone had formed around her.

 

[World] Blerong: Do you think she’s going to snatch the groom away? O_O

[World] Marshian: Who is going to snatch the groom?

[World] 16yerold: You’ve been missing out a lot if you don’t know anything at all…

[World] MaoBest: MAOMAO IS THE BEST, WE SUPPORT HER IN SNATCHING TYLERK BACK!!

 

Jessica continued to stare wide-eyed at her screen, too frozen to even type anything to refute the nonsensical comments that were flooding the comment box. Dozens, and soon, hundreds of comments, some of which that did not even make any sense, continued to flow before the other girls decided that things were going too far.

 

The eight girls shared glance and nodded simultaneously, as they each got into action. Tiffany and Taeyeon, the closest to the zoned-out girl, moved swiftly beside Jessica, nudging and shaking her to get her back to her senses. At the same time, Sunny and Hyoyeon started leading the other four girls in their comment war against the crazy players of the game.

 

Within seconds, Jessica’s subconscious was back, and the girls were ready with the refute comments, but before they could even press the ‘enter’ button, someone else had already beaten them to stop the rowdy crowd.

 

[World] GD_Yuura: No one is going to snatch anyone tonight, at least not under our watch.

 

Seeing such a comment in the comment box, though it was by someone that the girls did not really like, they were relieved, but still sent their comments as well to ensure that no one else would start the nonsense again.

 

[World] DancingHyo: There’s no need for MaoMao to snatch anyone… ._.

[World] Black-Pearl: Yeah!! Our MaoMao does not need a guy to live, besides, MaoMao’s doing perfectly fine without one!!

[World] SooShikshin: Who is that TylerK anyway? I still do not understand why people are pairing my precious MaoMao and him together… O_O

[World] AlligatorYoong: That is so typical of you Soo… >_< Anyway, MaoMao is much more sophisticated than having to snatch someone else’s ‘husband’...

[World] Goguma_Maknae: MaoMao hasn’t even said anything yet, why are people making assumptions? I’m a little annoyed now…

 

“Jessi, I think you just received a message…” Tiffany whispered softly, pointing to the blinking notification near the bottom of the screen. Blinking, Jessica clicked the private message, only to have her mood drop further down the pitless tunnel.

 

[PM] TylerK: What are you doing here?

 

A cold aura suddenly appeared within the large living room, giving the girls shivers as they moved their attention from their screens to their silent best friend.

 

“What’s wrong, Jessi?” Taeyeon elbowed her best friend by her waist, of which was replied with silence. Worried and curious, Tiffany shifted towards her best friend, trying to get a glimpse of the content on the laptop’s screen that made her best friend like that.

 

A few seconds later, the usual bright smile of the loud and cheerful girl disappeared, only to replaced with a slightly annoyed look, making the other girls curious as to what they saw that made them so unhappy. The other girls took the laptop, and within seconds, they had about the same expressions as the first two girls.

 

“Who does he think he is?” A miffed Sooyoung gritted her teeth at the few words shown on the screen. The others shrugged, equally as angry and annoyed as Sooyoung, but they chose to keep quiet, knowing that an angry Jessica was not worth offending. Yoona passed their best friend’s laptop back to her silently, though Yuri pointed her chin towards it, hinting Jessica to do something about that rude comment.

 

Jessica returned an assuring look to her best friends, before her fingers moved gracefully over the keyboard, forming a comeback that was fit for Jessica Jung. The girls hastily returned to their own laptops, anticipating what their friend was going to comment.

 

[World] MaoMao: Well people, I’m here to watch a wedding. Can’t I do that? Besides, TylerK is just a friend of mine. In fact, I am very happy for the couple and sends my full blessings to them.

 

To say the truth, the girls were slightly disappointed with Jessica’s comment, but of course, what came after that made up for that disappointment, with all of them smiling at the end with satisfaction.

 

[World] TylerK: What are you trying to do?

[World] GD_Minah: Tyler! Stop being so rude to our guest!

[World] GD_Minah: I’m sorry MaoMao, I’m glad you could be here. And thank you for your blessings.

[World] TylerK: Why are you here?

[World] MaoMao: Oh Tyler, it seems like you only know how to type those questions… Besides, weren’t you the one who invited everyone to your wedding? I have every right to come here thanks to that. ^-^

[World] MaoMao: You don’t seem too happy with me being here though, so I’ll be leaving right after this. Its a pity, really, but I guess I’ll come the next time. Bye~

 

And the female player disappeared from the premises of Moon Cove, together with the other nine females that had appeared right after her before.

 

Back in the girls’ house, Jessica was wearing an appeased smile, as she looked up from her computer, “I think that’s enough for today, I’m going to bed now…” Her fingers moved over the edge of the laptop, pushing it shut as she rose to head up the stairs before vanishing by the corner of the stairs leading to the second level of the house.

 

~~~

 

[World] TylerK: What are you trying to do?

[World] GD_Minah: Tyler! Stop being so rude to our guest!

[World] GD_Minah: I’m sorry MaoMao, I’m glad you could be here. And thank you for your blessings.

[World] TylerK: Why are you here?

[World] MaoMao: Oh Tyler, it seems like you only know how to type those questions… Besides, weren’t you the one who invited everyone to your wedding? I have every right to come here thanks to that. ^-^

[World] MaoMao: You don’t seem too happy with me being here though, so I’ll be leaving right after this. Its a pity, really, but I guess I’ll come the next time. Bye~

 

An unconscious smile caught a certain boy’s lips whilst his eyes moved over the words, reading them again and again.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note: HELLO!!! YES I'M BACK WITH A NEW CHAPTER!!

Its been really hard for me to write this chapter due to my tedious school work and my recent preliminary examinations (which is still ongoing) but I'd managed to find some extra time to write~~ Thanks to the upcoming one-week holidays and Teacher's Day which happens right before that week of holidays, so here is the product!!

 

I hope none of you find the story moving a little too slowly but I assure that all of these is necessary for the story!! >_<

 

Like always though, THANK YOU ALL READERS, SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS! I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR YOU GUYS~~~ *attacks with hugs and kisses*

 

Until next time then~~ ^-^