10th Cookie

A Bagful of Cookies

“Jessica right? So are you in Fashion or in Arts?” Baekhyun could not keep his curiosity in anymore.

 

Jessica smiled nonchalantly, "What's your name? I think the only name I know among you guys is Luhan's."

 

Baekhyun pouted at Jessica's attempt to avoid his question, before he tried asking again, "My name is Byun Baekhyun, Year 2 this year. So Jessica, which course are you in?"

 

"Boy are you persistent..." Jessica chuckled, her next words finally clarifying everyone's doubts, "I'm in both." The once-silent cafeteria exploded with "I told you so"s and many others likewise.

 

"But Jessi, didn't you-" Tiffany could not understand.

 

"I was asked to join the school under some special terms by Chancellor Lee and his executive committee, though 'invited' might be a better word to describe the process." Jessica explained to her best friends, who nodded understandingly, whilst the twelve boys beside got even more confused. It was as if question marks had appeared above their heads.

 

"What were special terms about?" Sehun asked curiously, pushing away his hyung to replace him as the person standing in front of the new girl. At this sight,  a weird feeling crawled within Luhan, and before he knew it, his arms were out to grab their youngest, "Stop prying into others' affairs. She will tell us if she wants to."

 

The boys widened their eyes once again, at the unusual behaviour of their friend. Sehun nodded unwillingly, mumbling some incoherent words about his hyung as he walked back to his seat.

 

"So Jessi, you're an official student now? Of Hallyu University?" Jessica nodded firmly, going on to inform the group how her first official day of school would be the following Monday. Counting mentally in their heads, there would still be four days until Monday, since it was already Friday.

 

"But wouldn't it be a little too much with both Fashion and Arts?" Xiumin frowned, explaining a little further when he felt enquiring gazes on him, "I mean, those two courses are about the same, no?

 

"Of course not!" Hyoyeon refuted immediately, "I'll forgive you since you guys don't know yet, but Jessi is good at everything that requires her fingers and creativity!"

 

"That sounds a little weird Hyo." Jessica hugged the former lightly, "I just happen to be interested and slightly better at the different arts and crafts, which is why I requested to be in the Arts course as well as the Fashion course."

 

“Oh…” The boys nodded knowingly, as they unconsciously found out more about the girl. The two groups continued chatting, find out more about each other as they continued on. Jessica unfortunately, had to be the mediator whenever something was to blow up between the girls and the boys. After all, it was not the first day the two groups were at loggerheads.

 

௹௹௹

 

That night, Jessica logged into Te Wikitoria with the remaining eight girls following behind her. A message popped up in her notifications and the most dreaded feeling overwhelmed her as she read the invitation to the hyped-up wedding that was about to take place in about ten minutes or so.

 

“What’s wrong Jessi?” Taeyeon, being the most sensitive, noticed the difference in their best friend straight away. Jessica shook her head, in an attempt to shake away the foreign feeling as well, with all eight pairs of eyes on her. Yuri shrugged her shoulders slightly, only to start the conversation again, “Jessi, do you know who this Haragool is? She’s been standing and calling you ever since we’d arrived at this map.”

 

Turning her attention back to her screen, Jessica’s frown was replaced with a soft smile, her fingers starting to type.

 

[Nearby] Haragool: Unnie~~

[Nearby] Haragool: Unnie~~

[Nearby] Haragool: Unnie~~

[Nearby] Haragool: UNNIE ARE YOU THERE?! O_O

[Nearby] Haragool: Reply me pleaseeeee…

[Nearby] MaoMao: Yeah, sorry bout that.. >_<

[Nearby] Haragool: Unnie, did you get an invitation?

[Nearby] MaoMao: … I… did…

[Nearby] Haragool: Wait, are you going? You’re not planning to go are you?

[Nearby] MaoMao: Why not?

[Nearby] Sunnyday: Wait, who is she Jessi?

[Nearby] Haragool: Jessi? Wait, you mean unnie? O_O What….

[Nearby] MaoMao: Erm Hara, these girls are the best friends I’ve been telling you. Girls, this is Hara Goo, one of my closest juniors back in you-know-where.

[Nearby] SooShikshin: Oh, HELLO! We have all the time to know each other Hara! But what we want to know is what you two were talking about?

[Nearby] Haragool: Ehhh….

 

Jessica stared at the frozen comment box, wondering what her best friends and dongsaeng were conversing about, given the frantic typing by the girls beside her. The awkward silence was finally broken when the nine girls finally turned their attention back to the map their game characters were on, only to find the absence of MaoMao from the map.

 

[PM] Haragool added players ByunTae, Sunnyday, Shining_Fany, DancingHyo, Black-Pearl, SooShikshin, AlligatorYoong and Goguma_Maknae

[PM] Haragool: Unnie, where are you?

[PM] MaoMao: Moon Cove. Where are you all, the wedding’s about to begin…

[PM] AlligatorYoong: Unnie, are you really going to attend the wedding?

[PM] MaoMao: Like I said before, why not? I mean, I got the invitation no? Come on you girls, I’m getting tired of waiting…

 

Nine female players appeared by the entrance of Moon Cove, one of the most celebrated ‘restaurants’ inTe Wikitoria, due to its almost realistic art and functions where weddings, dinners, gatherings and similar sorts could be held at. But of course, in response to it being the most celebrated ‘restaurant’, the cost is not cheap as well.

 

[World] GD_Sojinnie: Our Minah’s and TylerK’s wedding will start in 10 minutes at Moon Cove! We welcome everyone to come give the couple their blessings.

[World] Akiwee: Hey hey, I see MaoMao standing in the midst of everyone at Moon Cove O_O

[World] Nissem: WAIT WHAT?!

[World] Oreum: Oh yeah, I see her now. Apparently everyone formed a circle around her, she’s standing alone btw.

[World] Blerong: Do you think she’s going to snatch the groom away? O_O

 

The only thing that flashed through Jessica’s mind then was, ‘Wait, what?!’

 

 


 

 

 

Author's Note: So... this would be the last chapter before the hiatus officially starts. I'll try to find as much time to write as possible! ^-^ Once again, I'm sorry to all of you for the hiatus!

 

Thank you all readers, subscribers and upvoters once again, I LOVE YOU ALL!!