When We Meet Again

Going Back for Summer

It started when he is eight years old.

Suho is walking around the forest and he thinks that he is too far away from his cousin’s house and he always ends up in the same place where he is standing right now in front of a big tree with a pond beside it with one lotus flower in the middle.

He wants to cry so bad because imagine, an eight year old got lost in the middle of the forest and no other people is around to ask for directions. He sits down on the green grass and pulls his knees up to his chest then buries his face and start crying silently when a twig of branch of tree was crack alarming Suho that he’s not alone because some light footsteps can be heard as he looks up and saw a man peeking behind the tree. Suho wipes the tears on his face and stands up.

“Uhm.. Hello?” Suho said.

The man behind the tree shows up his whole form. Suho scans him from feet to head. All is normal about this man around eighteen years old;Suho thinks except the cat mask his wearing on his face.

“Are you lost?” The cat mask man asks.

“Yeah.. You’re a human right?” Suho asks and without the older responding Suho runs towards him to hug him because who will not be happy seeing a person when you’re lost in the middle of the forest alone, but the older just step away causing Suho to stumble face flat on the green grass. He started crying again and he heard the man chuckle and Suho glares up, face reddened and tears all over it.

“Sorry.. It’s just, you can’t touch me.” The cat mask man says and little Suho is confused.

“Why?” Suho asks rubbing his eyes.

“Because I’m not human.”

“Eh?”

“Because, I’m a special human being..” The cat mask man pauses and picks up the twig branch of a tree. “..if human touch me, I’ll vanish.”

Suho doesn’t understand anything why does a special human can’t be touched by an ordinary human, they are both human after all. 

“Come on, I’ll lead you to the crossed road forest.”

“Thank you so much!!!” Suho squeals arms wide open to hug the older.

The older steps away and Suho’s face flat on the green grass again and the older chuckles.

“Oops. Sorry. I just told you earlier that human like you can’t touch me, right?”

Suho puffs his cheeks. “Okay.”

“Follow me?” The cat mask man says. “Here, hold this.” The older says holding the branch tree twig he picks up earlier offering Suho the other end of the wooden thing to hold and the younger does.

“Good boy, don’t take out your hand holding on it until were on the crossed road forest or else you want to be lost again.”

“Uh-uhm. Okay.”

They walk like that, the cat mask man holding the end of the twig branch and the other end was on Suho.

“This is the crossed road forest you’ll not be lost here. You better not be lost again in here or other else like me will not let you out forever.” The cat mask man says and turns his heels on him but Suho just keep standing there.

“I—“

“Hmm??” The older face him again.

“I’m Suho. What’s your name?” Suho asks in hopeful eyes but the older doesn’t say a thing and the child thinks maybe he doesn’t want me to know.

Silence and just wind blows fills the emptied air and Suho broke the silence and awkwardness.

“Bye! Thank you! I’ll go back tomorrow; I’ll bring you something sweet in return!” Suhosmiles, waves his hand and turns his heel to run.

“I’m Chen.”

Suho stops from his trace and looks back but the cat mask man named Chen was not there anymore.

So the young child walks and walks until he heard his cousin Xiumin calling his name.

“Xiuminhyung! I’m here!” Suho shouted and a little while his older cousin came to his vision coming from the tall grasses.

“Where have you been?” Xiumin asks observing his body.

“I’m okay hyung.” Suho smiles sweetly and his cousin sighs in defeat.

“How did you get out there in the forest? Mostly, people went inside that forest never came back.”

“A man named Chen helped me out.”

“Who is he?”

“He just helped me out and told me he’s a special human being that if human touched him he’ll vanish.”

Xiumin stops and his eyes mixed with concern and horror.

“Hyung?Xiuminhyung?”

Xiumin smiles and leans down on his level. “He’s a spirit forest guardian.”

“Spirit forest guardian?”Suho asks in confusion.

“Yeah. You’re lucky, seems like you found a good one, a new friend.” Xiumin ruffles his hair again and kiss his forehead. “Let’s go home?” Xiumin hands out his hand and Suho gladly reach for his cousin’s hand.

--

“I thought you’ll never come back.” Chen said sitting up on the tree still on his cat mask.

“You doubt if I’ll come back but then you waited.” Suho smiles brightly.

Chen clears his throat and looks on the other way.

“I brought you this!” Suho smiles again and lift up the plastic bag on his hand. Chen jumps down from the tree and started to walk.

“Follow me.”

Suho follows behind Chen and they walk around deep down the center of the forest. He takes out the Popsicle ice cream form the plastic and opens its plastic wrapper and on the ice cream and Chen just looks back on him, Suho is clueless of what does Chen’s expression is giving him right now.

“You want it?” Suho said while on his ice cream.

“Put it down.” Chen demands.

“What??”

“Put down the plastic bag so I can get the popsicle ice cream inside.”

“But, why.”Suho pouts cutely.

“For safety of course.”

“Oh. Okay.” Suho said and he place down the plastic bag on the ground and Chen is ready to get it when Suho grins playfully and jumps towards him but the older has fast reflexes and he moves away causing Suho’s face flat on the ground.

“Omph! It hurts!!” Suho cries.

“Yah! I told you not to touch me!” Chen said pointing a thick stick of wood on his hand that was not there earlier but Suho is really persistent to touch Chen so he run over the elder’s direction to until Suho cries out loud just because Chen hits his head with the use of the thick stick of wood.

“oops. Sorry. Is it too hard?” Chen’s laugh fills the emptiness of the forest.

“Just get the ice cream!” Suho said with wet crystals on his eyes.

“Okay.”

They started to walk again and Suho walks beside him and just stay like that, he doesn’t want to be hit again with that painful stick on Chen’s hand. Suho just stares to Chen while walking and the former sees that he still not notice the younger child looking up on him because he is busy unwrapping the popsicle ice cream and his attention just focus on it.

The spirit forest guardian slowly lifts up the cat mask and hangs it above his head making Suhosee what looks like his face is, and enjoying the taste of an ice cream he barely taste.

Suho stops from his place. His heart thumps out so loud because he had never seen a beautiful guy like this on their town. Well, his cousin Xiumin is pretty too but there’s something with Chen that he wants to just stare on his face and reach for it and feels that he’s alive with his sharp cheekbones and those kitty cornered lips.

Chen is still walking forward when he noticed Suho is not beside him anymore. He looks back still with his unmasked face and saw Suho with a hint of bright red color forming on his pale cheeks.

Chen just smiles and Suho swear he wants to touch Chen now so he runs toward him with wide open arms, he’s nearer now, he can touch Chen until, a pain on his top head, aches. Chen just hit his head again and Suho sits down and holds his head.

“It really hurts!”

Chen laughs and Suho looks up to glare at the older but Chen is smiling and laughing that makes him want to touch him again but Chen stops him with a piece of thin stick that I don’t know where he got and points it on Suho’s forehead to make him stop the urge to touch him.

“Just don’t.” Chen smiled and Suho obeys, they reached the pond where he first saw Chen yesterday and they stay under the shade of that tree.

Chen is not covering his face by his cat mask and close his eyes to feel the fresh air touching his skin and Suho just remains there to have the chance to glance at him.

“Uhm—“

“Hmm?” Chen opens his eyes and tilts his head on his side and Suho blush.

“Are you..are you a spirit guardian forest?”

Chen just stares and smiles. “Yeah. I am.”

“Xiuminhyung told me that but when I hear word like spirit forest guardian it imagines me of ugly ghosts.” Suho said fiddling with his fingers and Chen just chuckles.

“I look human, aren’t I?”

Suho just nods in response.

“Well, I really am human but not really like human like you.”

Suho stares in confusion and Chen sighs.

“You’re still a child to understand but then I’ll tell you and just think this is a fairytale story.” Chen said and just stares now on the pond. “I was left here when still I was a new born child, my parents just dumped me here and I don’t know who are they and I don’t have the chance to know them because I can’t be with ordinary human beings anymore. The father forest that we called Kris makes me like this because he thought that they can’t take me back outside this forest because it might harm them and also they can’t let me die in here so they take care of me and made me like other spirit forest guardians.”

“So it’s not just you. There are other guardians around?”

“Yeah. It’s just sad that people think guardians are divided into two classes which are commonly called the good and bad. All the guardians here are good, human beings thought some are bad because some villagers don’t come back from here but for real they just fell in love.”

“Fell in love?”

“Yup! Commonly human beings that were lost in here were seen by some of us and because we are forest guardians, it’s our job to lead them out but then tomorrow after they will come back and go back in every single day until they don’t want to go back down on the village town anymore and decided to just stay with us because human beings and guardians like us fell in love before they know it.”

Suho is really riding on in this story well so he asks more. “But they can’t touch us?”

“We can.”

“But you—“

“If human beings were really persistent to be with us guardians will call Kris through an oracle spell to grant the first and last wish we have on him. Mostly, they wish for their human partners to be like us so meaning there are more guardians that looks human other than me.”

“But where are they?”

“They’re just around, hiding. We can be invisible if we want to.”

“Sounds great!” Suho smiles and looks up above the sky and see its shade of red and a sunset telling him to go back.

“I think that’s for now. I should take you back on the crossed road forest.” Chen said standing up under the tree.

--

“Uminhyung, are there really spirit forest guardian?” Suho said while him and his cousin eating a watermelon.

“Ah. That’s what they say and that’s what we believing. When I was a little younger like you, me and my friends came there but in the end we never met any but occasionally I spot something from the corner of my eye.”

“But you didn’t really see any?”

“Hmm.  On summer nights like this you can hear faint sounds of crowd of people enjoying on that forest and your hyung Lay says they have fun at a summer festival in the forest when he’s just a child.”

“Summer festival? In the forest?” Suho asks eating his second slice of watermelon.

“It’s really confusing, right? Because, there’s no way villagers would have a festival in the forest that people were lost.” Xiumin says while throwing playfully the watermelon seeds form his mouth. “Your Lay hyung has that crazy story sneaking out to maybe spirit’s festival.”

Suho hums in agreement.

“By the way, where do you plan to leave?”

“Oh. Yeah. Tomorrow afternoon maybe?”

And they both continue eating the watermelons.

--

“Uhm.. you know I can’t stay here for a long time, right?” Suho said while they are walking that morning and Chen stops from walking. “I don’t live here and I just visit my cousin every summer.”

Chen continues to walk and lips shut.

“Hey.. Chen!”

Chen stops again. “You’re going back next summer, right?” Chen facing him back.

“Yes!” Suho smiles brightly and moments after Chen sends him back to their usual meeting place, the cross road forest and bids good bye and promises to come back and see each other next summer.

--

Chen waited for their promised summer and they meet again on the same place.

“Chen!” Suho runs toward him who’s sitting under the shade of the tree and Chen looks up with his cat mask on and Suho can’t read what does Chen expression have right now.

“Still shorty.”

“Because I just turned nine of course I’ll not grow up that tall easily!” Suho pouts and he can hear Chen’s usual chuckle.

“Come on, let’s walk? It’s kinda hot in here, let’s go somewhere cold.” Chen said and stands up from the grass and brush away the dirt from his pants.

They walk like usual, him beside Chen so that he’ll not be lost in track. When they get farther and farther deep down the forest he can see forms from his peripheral vision forming behind the trees that make him stop from walking and just look on the tree and there a vixen invades his vision and he startles in fear.

“Suho..”

“What is that?” Suho asks pointing towards the creature behind the tree.

“Chen, is that a human child?”

Chen looks on the form behind the tree. “Yeah he is.” Chen said confidently.

“Can I eat him?” The vixen asks and Suho moves a little closer next to Chen but really have a great distance for the former’s safety.

“Yes. You can.” Chen said not looking down on the wide eyed Suho beside him. When the vixen starts to make his way on them, Suho acts of running when Chen called his name.

“Suho..” Chen said and Suho stops the urge to run when he looks up and saw Chen’s unmasked face and it’s been a long time since he first saw the face of the spirit guardian. Chen’s eyes were dark, eyes looking down on him telling him to just stay and Suho was near in shaking in fear when Chen looks on the vixen near form towards them and the vixen stops.

“Baekhyun, of course you can’t eat him. He’s my friend.” Chen said and the vixen named Baekhyun chuckles.

“Okay..” the vixen said and retreats back from the trees. “..just kid, don’t touch Chen.” And Baekhyun disappears.

“What was that?”  Suho said still in fear and Chen just laugh and the younger swears his heart melts again, seeing the beautiful face of the guardian laughing.

“He’s a spirit.”

“Really?” Suho smiles with a glimmer in his eyes and Chen just stare in confusion so he just nods and a jumping Suho was next. “I’ve seen a forest spirit! This is awesome!!” Suho jumps and jumps and Chen just stare and put back his cat mask on his face and stay behind the jumping Suho.

“And what does he think I am?” Chen asks to himself and chuckles. “Yah! Suho! Follow me if you don’t want to be lost again.”

--

The next day and the day after, Suho always go back to the forest to meet Chen on their usual meeting place. They always run and played around the mystical forest, the time fly goes by so fast and there’s just only three days left for them to be with each other together. Even though it’s silly they both have so much fun being together.

Suho is picking up flowers for him to bring when he goes back and give it to his favorite hyung, Xiumin. While Chen is just lying on the green bushes.

Suho runs to where Chen is lying and thinks if Chen is asleep or not.

“Chen, are you sleeping?” Suho doesn’t get a response.

It’s okay if I’ll just touch his mask, right?

He cups the cats mask and lifts it up to see Chen’s face, eyes closed, Suho blush on the sight because Chen looks calm until the kitty cornered lips of Chen moves upward and Suho was so nervous that he puts back the mask on Chen’s face so hard that it makes a sound and the spirit forest sits up because it really hurts.

“Aww.”

“Sorry! You were pretending to sleep, are you?!” Suho pouts and Chen chuckles.

“I really look normal right?”

“Yeah. Why are you still wearing that cat mask?”

“If I don’t have this mask, I don’t look like spirit, do I?” Chen said resting his chin on his hand.

--

Two summers passed, then three and summer is what Suho looks forward to.

“Suho? Suho! Where are you?” Chen called him until Suho appears in front of him, his body upside down, his legs around the branch of the tree. He hangs himself upside down to startle Chen.

“Argh! You’re no fun Chen!” Suho says while sitting up on the tree branch.

“Why?”

“I want to see your shock face but I forgot that you have that cat mask on.” Suho pouts hardly and Chen just laughs. “You should take out your kitty mask more often, I want to see you face!”

Chen stops from laughing and Suho was like awakened to what he just said and so he blushes.

“No. I mean—“

“Okay.” Chen says and he’s ready to uncover his face when Suho was so excited that he became unbalanced on the branch of the tree he’s sitting. Chen stops from unmasking and run towards Suho to catch him.  Suho pales on the hands near to carry and touch him.

Suho doesn’t want this happening. He wanted to shout ‘no’ but he can’t and he doesn’t know why, maybe he wants to touch Chen and feel his warm embrace but he’s also not ready to lose him now.

“Nooo!!!” Suho finally shouted. Chen steps backward and remains his distance awakening him to not touch the younger. Suho luckily falls down on the mountain-like-built-leaves below him so it doesn’t hurt that much but still his back was in pain but still, he’s fine.

Chen is fine.

“It hurts!” Suho cries and Chen sits down on his front and the younger smiles.

“Sorry Suho.”

“It’s too close. I’m so glad you didn’t touch me.” Chen just stares with his cat mask.  “No matter what, don’t ever touch me, okay?” Suho smiles brightly, crescent eyes forming until tears flows down to his cheek.

Chen wants to touch him and brush away the continue flowing of tears on his beautiful face but he can’t. He’s hurt too watching Suho like this so he remains sitting with his knees on his chest staring to Suho.

“No matter what!” and they stay glued on their positions like that, Suho crying covering his face with slump shoulders and Chen nothing to do but just watch.

--

The next summer and the summer after that and the summer after that summer, Suho always visited forest. Suho and chen’s age are getting closer. Chen ages much slowly than ordinary human beings. As years go by, Suho’s appearance changes every their promised summer came but Chen has the same as the day they met.

--

Suho is now in high school and he grown up such a pretty boy that his classmates admire so much. He’s the class president in their class room and the most intelligent of them, that’s why many boys and girls were his admirers but he doesn’t mind all of them and just look forward for incoming summer. He knows that there’s this cat mask man waiting for him in the crossed road forest.

--

It’s summer and Suho arrived in his cousin Xiumin and Lay’s house.

“Hey! You’ve grown up prettily like your Uminhyung!” Lay said and he received a nudge on his sides and Suho just chuckles.

“I’ll go hyung!”’

Xiumin smiles. “Okay, go to your boyfriend I’ll unpacked your things.”

Suho waves good bye and went inside the forest. He run so fast so that he can meet Chen again, see him in the crossed road forest waiting for him to come and so it doesn’t disappoint him because Chen is really there with his cat mask on.

Chen takes off his mask and hangs it up on his head only to reveal his kitty smile.

“Chen!!”

“Shorty.” Chen chuckles and Suho glares.

“You’ll see I’ll get taller next year!” Suho said and Chen takes back his mask on turn his back on him facing his slumps shoulder.

Chen started to walk deep inside the forest and Suho follows as what they usually do.

They walk and walk, Suho was really comfortable around the spirits now and so the guardian spirits feels the same.

First it’s Baekhyun, the vixen that appears to them years ago. Next is D.O the owl child with his wings with his playmate Kai with fur of a wolf.

Chen and Suho arrived on the place where they first met each other, they plops down under the shade of the tree and feel the breeze of fresh air touching their skin and Suho loves it, he really loves it and just because he is with Chen and they can have a precious time together.

“I have plans Chen.” Suho said smiling while his eyes closed and Chen just watch him in distance.

“Plans?”

“Hmm. I plan to find a job here when I graduated in college.”

“But you’re still a high-schooler, right? It will be a long time.”

Suho tilts his head on his sides and look towards Chen’s cat mask face not wanting to say anything more.

Chen picks up a pebble and throws it on the pond. “I don’t think I can wait to see you on summer again.”

Suho is confused but he felt cool ice stabbing through his chest, why does he feel this way. “Wait. What?”

“You know this body that is built in magic is really weak.” Chen said and throws another pebble.

Suho remains silent, his head ducks down.

“I can’t wait to see you in summer; I want to see you in autumn, winter, in spring. I want to be with you more…” Chen pauses. “..and this body is really weak.”

“Ch—Chen..” Suho frowns because Chen seems to be plotting something, he’s plotting something and Suho is clueless. With his crossed eyebrows, Chen can say Suho is thinking too much so he change their conversation and maybe slightly light up Suho’s mood.

“Suho, do you want to go with me in the spirit festival tonight?” Chen asks.

“Spirit festival??”

“Yeah.. I never invited you when you’re still little but well, yeah, still you’re little..” Suho inserts a glare and Chen chuckles. “..because you might be afraid but now that you grew up a quite pretty boy, I think I should invite you.”

“Are you asking me on a date?” Suho asks with teasing eyes and Chen with his mask on just stare to the pretty boy Suho which really is thinking what does the spirit forest expression has on his face right now.

“I’ll lead you out.” Chen simply said as he rose up from the green grass and walk.

A few minutes later of walking they reach the crossed road forest.

Suho is really sad because he didn’t get a response from Chen when he asks if it’s a date or not, he demands an explanation and answer even if he answers ‘no’.

With a pout on his pink lips and crossed arms on his chest and heavy steps Chen knows Suho is upset.

“Here we are.” Chen said.

“Yeah..”

“Meet me here at eight sharp.”

“Okay.” Suho continue to pout and turn his back on Chen, blubbering on his own words of he-should-answer-atleast. He starts walking with heavy stomping feet when Chen shouted.

“IT IS A DATE!”

Suho stops from his trace a blush form on his cheeks burning up and Suho swears he is like a tomato. He looks back where Chen is before but he is not there anymore but his voice echoes on the forest saying something like this, “Wear something comfortable for your taste. See you..”

Suho smiles reaching up his ear and he walks like has a spring on his feet.

--

Suho is wearing a simple pair of knee cut bottom with red checkered color and a navy blue v collar shirt that make his skin color brightens more and a closed shoes.  Suho is waiting on their usual place why does Chen take so long to get ready himself.

Footsteps can be heard and Suho flattens the wrinkles of his shirt to make himself presentable in front of Chen.

There appears from the corner of the trees the figure that Suho used to since he is eight. A Chen wearing big sneakers, simple pair of jeans with a sweater shirt hangs on his waist and a simple white tank top with a print of ‘Spirit Forest’ and a cap reveals under the moonlight’s.

Suho never seen Chen like this. Chen usually just wears jogging pants and a shirt like a simple person who remains staying on his house and do nothing but to sit his on the couch and be lazy enough to try to his elbow and give up after three times of trying. That is what he sees on Chen.

Suho is jaw drop never wanting to tear off his gaze to the man in front of him, well, except that kitty mask he’s still wearing.

“Come on in.” Chen said and a little walk after there are lights on the forest and people singing and dancing. “They are all look normal like me, don’t they?”

“Yeah…I told you before that you should not be surprise.” Chen pauses and gets the handkerchief from his back pants pocket. “Here, tie this on your wrist and I’ll tie the other end just to make sure you’ll not be lost.”

Suho does what he should do.

It’s been a night, they sing and dance and be with other spirits that also looks human. Everything in this festival is all for free. They also play games like shooting the balloons to get a simple prize. They also tried to ride Ferris wheels and anchors which is not Chen’s list of want-to-do-list-experience. Suho also try to get the fishes on the pond but he can’t get any and he is upset with a pout on his lips so in exchange Chen helped him getting to catch the fish and they both shouted by the other spirits because it took them so long to line on that stupid caught up fish but they don’t get nothing.

Suho and Chen really have the happiest moments with each other’s company until Suho has to go home and Chen has to send him out.

They were walking silently with still the handkerchief hand cuffs on both of their wrist. Suho wants to touch Chen and hug him so tight but the urge of touching the former make him feel in fear.

Why does it have to be this way?

“Suho..” Chen said making Suho stop on what he’s thinking and looks on the cat mask Chen.

“Ye—“ Before Suho can finish his words, Chen take off his cat mask and put it on Suho’s face.

Suho is startled, he is now wearing the cat mask that Chen is wearing when they start to meet each other. Suho can see Chen’s beautiful face smiling to him. Slowly, Chen’s face is getting closer on masked face.

Chen lean a little more and kiss his cat mask face on. It is an indirect kiss. Suho can feel his face burning up and he thanks the cat mask for the first time for him wearing it which he curses so much for hiding his Chen’s beautiful face.

“Che—“

“Have that mask, keep it.” Chen smiles until they heard voices of child.

The two child where running, the other child runs fast and the other seems like have a weak legs so he run slowly when the child strips on the stone in front of Chen and the spirit guardian luckily catch the child’s arm.

“Tao!!” The other shouted when he saw his friend nearly trips.

“Sehunnie~” The panda child cries.

“Thank you mr.” The so-called Sehun said and bows as their make their way and no trace of them can be seen through the dark forest.

Suho still eyes the direction of the children because he is very worried and they are kinda cute. He snaps out on his thoughts and looks back to Chen.

Suho’s heartbeat stops. A silver light starts to glow from Chen’s fingertips and Chen is with wide eyes looking on his own fingers. Suho looks back on the two child and back to Chen.

“It’s a human child, isn’t?!” Suho said with a nearly crying eyes. “No Chen! This can’t be happ—“

“Suho come.” Chen smiles in front of him. Silver lights were now spreading on Chen’s whole body making him glow beautifully with his arms wide open, offering Suho to come to him. Suho didn’t think twice he has a chance to touch Chen.

“I have a chance to touch you right now.” Chen said and Suho throws his whole body on the glowing silvered Chen. Their body fits together where Suho’s chin was on Chen’s shoulder and Chen’s head leans on his top head.

A second later, Suho is with Chen, being happy and all, the chance of feeling his warm and hugs him tightly like what he wishes a long time ago and seconds after he’s just hugging Chen’s dressed, smelling his scent and the warmth of his body. Suho cries out loud that the other spirits of the forest can hear but he doesn’t care. He thinks also that Lay says the truth of sneaking in on spirit’s festival on the forest when he’s still a kid.

He can’t hear the usual chuckle of him.

His spirit forest is not there anymore.

What will be summer if Chen is not there?

He’ll never see that kitty smile again.

He’ll never ever have the chance to see his beautiful face.

Chen will never come back.

Chen is gone forever..

“Suho…” Baekhyun appears from the trees with D.O and Kai.

“Suho.. thank you.” Kai says.

“He really want to touch humans..” D.O added.

“He finally touched you.” Baekhyun said. “Thank you for giving him happiness, thank you for letting him know what love is.. thank you Suho.”

Suho can hear all of it but what remains stinging on his ear is when Chen says ‘I love you’ as he gone forever.

--

That summer passed just like that. Suho can’t imagine summer without Chen.

It’s a new school year that Suho must focused on but what remains on his mind and heart is still Chen.

He adjust the strap of his bag pack, put his head up, enters the school gate, greets his former classmates and still classmates maybe until this year with a smile on his face.

An arm hangs around Suho’s shoulder and he looks up and see the his dear derp giant friend.

“Chanyeol..”

“How’s summer? Did you meet your boyfriend? That Chen guy huh?” Chanyeol teases nudging Suho’s sides.

“Oh shut up.” Suho said as he try to fit himself on the students looking for their names and classes.

“Were still in both classes Suho!”

“Thank God you’re height has its used.”

And the both man makes their way on their respected class room.

Not a little while students coming in, some are new faces, some are not and Suho doesn’t care at all. Not a little while after their homeroom teacher came in.

“Good morning students! I’ll be your homeroom teacher Ms. Jessica Jung and what you’re sitting right now will be you’re seat until the end of the period.”

Some students’ frowns, some giggles and some like Suho doesn’t care.

“Oh. By the way we have exchange student from China. Come on in.” Suho looks to the honey haired boy entering the class room.

“He’s such a cutie!” Chanyeol beams beside him.

“Hi, I’m Lu Han. Nice to meet you all.” Lu Han bows in front and still Suho doesn’t care he just think of Chen. Chen. Chen. Chen. ChenChen.  So he pays attention no more because this week are just full of orientation and so forth so Ms. Jung is looking for a place where Lu Han should sit and finds Suho’s next chair empty.

“Oh there, next to Suho—“

A running rustling sound can be heard next to Suho and still he doesn’t care if Lu Han sits beside him. He can deal with him later and face his back on him and face Chanyeol on his right side.

“Oh. Uhm. Excuse me? Who are you?” Ms. Jung said and Suho looks in front of the class and saw Lu Han still standing there so who is beside him. He faces him and his heart thumps out loud. That sharp cheekbones and kitty smile he misses so much.

“Ah! Hi, I’m Kim Jongdae a transferee student please take care of me!” He bows.

“Why is it like you’re running for something and that someone might take your place there?” Ms. Jung asks all eyes on Jongdae, even Suho with wide shock eyes.

“I want to sit here and I think the guy here beside me looks nice and he’ll let me copy his answers in exams!” Jongdae says as he looks down on Suho with his lips apart and Jongdae winks.

The students and their other classmates laugh for Jongdae becoming too straight-forward.

“Okay, Lu Han, sit in front of Chanyeol over there.” Lu Han walks and he seems like he doesn’t mind Jongdae and getting his seat. As soon as Lu Han sits in front of Chanyeol, the giant man keeps on asking him random things.

Suho stay glued on his seat. This can’t be happening.

Suho really wants to ask many things to this Jongdae that looks like Chen and so he has to wait for Ms. Jung to leave.

“Okay, that’s all for today and have a great period this year. I’ll count on you kids.” So Ms. Jung left.

Jongdae face him and his lips move upwards, wearing his kitty smile. “Hi..”

“Chen..” Suho is pale.

“It’s Jongdae.”

“I need an explanation! I deserve an explanation!” Suho said and Jongdae stops him by covering his hand on Suho’s mouth.

Suho flinch in the touch because he is not used to it.

“Come! Follow me!” Chen said, holding his wrist and dragging him on the rooftop.

As soon as they reach the rooftop, Jongdae let go of his wrist and Suho feels empty.

“What is this?!” Suho asks in crossed eyebrows.

“Sorry.” Jongdae’s head ducks down.

“I don’t understand,  how—“

“I told you before that we guardians have this first and last wish, right?”

Suho nods.

“And I wished to be reincarnated in the same age as you.”

“Why?” Shaky voice of Suho.

“Because a body built in magic is weak and I need a stronger one.”

“Why??” Suho asks, tears forming on his eyes.

Jongdae sighs. “Because I want to be with you more.”

“Why???” Suho’s voice is getting louder and louder.

“Because I want to touch you…” Jongdae says in a calm voice.

“Why!!!” Suho said in gritted teeth.

Chen pauses and hugs him, enveloping Suho in his arms. “Because I love you.”

Suho cries so hard. Chen is hugging him right now. He is touching him right now without them having the strange feeling of losing him.

“You can hug me back Suho, I will never disappear again, I’ll never leave your side anymore.” Chen said and hugs him tightly.

Suho slowly but hesitantly moves his finger on Chen’s arms down to his waist as he hugs him happily, burying his face on Chen’s chest.

“I’ll be with you anytime, in autumn, winter, in spring and even summer. I’ll have more times with you now.” Chen said cupping Suho’s face up.

“I love you Suho..” Chen said closing the gap between them.

“I love you Chen.” Suho said as he leans on the touch and meet Chen half way.

They taste each other’s lips as their perfectly molds it the first time and they feel electricity and wobbling feets.

“This is what I wanted for very so long.” Chen says and kiss Suho’s forehead.

“Me too.” Suho said and kiss Chen’s tinted red cheeks.

 

====================

so. hi everyone! hahaha! this is my first time writing something like this, with magical, humors or whatsoever.

I hope you guys like it.  and let's all love SuChen/JunDae!!!!! <3

as usual, I need your comments for this lame writing. hohoho~

have a happy day! :)