Believe what you want

Fragmented judgment

The sun is at its peak outside and the rays are blaring into the window that seems to be built awkwardly in the corner of the room. But the light coming from the window reflects onto the pale white walls, making the room warm and bright. Mark is pacing back and forth across his office, his eyebrows creased while looking at the ground. He's arguing with himself and he thinks over what he's going to do. He coughs once and straightens up after collecting his thoughts and walks over to the door, a small forced smile plastered on his face. He opens the door and calls for his next patient.

"I'm ready to see you now Minjung."

He turns to his side holding the door open with his body as a young petite woman gets up from her seat and walks across the waiting room and past him, the same book she carried with her for years in her grasp.

"It's been a while since I've last seen you, Mark."

"You saw me just yesterday at our last session."

Minjung becomes confused and flips her book open to the last page that has writing on it, shaking her head she looks back up at him. 

"Oh...it seems I have. I must have forgotten. So, are we waiting for your father? Is he running late?" She says with anticipation in her voice.

Mark sighs softly and looks at her for a moment then looks down at the clipboard on his lap. The happy look on her face made him almost question if he should tell her.

"Minjung..." He looks back up at her.

"He's not coming today or any other day." He hesitates momentarily. "He passed away 2 weeks ago, don't you remember?" 

He hates saying things that make her sad. He hates seeing her struggle with something she can't control . He hates that the things she mentions are always the same. But he always lets it pass, he can't help that he has feelings for this girl but he knows that she can never love him the same way he loves her.

Minjung's smile drops as she turns to the middle of her book, showing a picture of her doctor that Jin had taken when he went with her to a session. He looked happy; the smile he had on his face was so genuine; now she won't be able to see it every day. She grabs a pen off the small coffee table in front of them and crosses the picture out then write under his name.

Dr. Tuan

(March14)

Died 2 weeks ago

She closes the book and rubs the back of her neck, biting her lip and looking at him.

"I'm sorry Mark, for bringing it up." 

"It's fine, Minjung, it isn't something that you can control. You ask me that question every time you had a session with me."

She opens to say something but closes it and looks down apologetically. She can't help but feel sorry; it's who she is. Even if it's okay, she's goin g to feel guilty for awhile. He coughs to take her mind off of the thought.

"Anyway Minjung, how was your day? Anything new happen?"

He watches her movements writing down what he observes. She like down at her lap and fiddles with her fingers.

"Well, I just spent my time with Jin. We went to the mall this morning before coming here. He's actually outside in the waiting room. It's weird that you didn't say anything to him; he felt really ignored. Do you not like him?"

Mark looks at her, his eyes slightly glazed over from his fustrations. He stands up and walks over to her then pulls her up, taking her hand and taking her outside of his office.

"You need to stop thinking about Jin. He's not here anymore, Minjung." He said, when they were standing outside of the door.

He sighs heavely. She struggled to wiggle her hand out of his grip.

"What do you mean? How is he not here? He's right there! He's waving at you right now!" she practically yelled at him.

She points with her free hand to the seat nex here she was sitting in the waiting room. Jin is sitting there, his face shrouded in worry as he waches Minjung and Mark argue.

"Minjung..." He shakes his head. "Come with me. I need to show you something that should have happened a long time ago.

He looks over to the office clerk and gives her a look that only she will understand.

"If I get anymore calls, tell them I'm on a lunch break."

The clerk nods her head and looks over at Minjung with a look of both sorrow and worry. She says with a ping of guilt in her voice. "Yes sir..."

"Come on" Mark nudges his head toward the exit. He lets go of her hand.

She looks back at Jin then to Mark. She mouths 'come with me' and he nods his head and follows both Mark and Minjung.

It's silent for pretty much the whole ride. There wan't much interaction between Mark and Minjung. There were only small whispers going back and forth between herself and Jin. The closer they got to where Mark wanted to take her, the more Mark got worried and nervous. Minjung also started developing small migraines. After a while Mark took a turn. Mnjung esn't now where he turned into until she looked out the window.

"What are we doing here, Mark?" She says questioningly.

Mark parks the car on the side of the little square yard. He looks back at her.

"I...I just need to show you something Min. You won't believe me even if I tell you. So the only way is to show you. And I understand why my father didn't do this to you sooner. He was afaid of what was going to happen to you. You, yourself don't want to believe what people have been saying to you and you don't end up remembeng anyway. That book that you have...Jin started it for you didn't he? He wanted to help you and make your life easier. But right now you need that book; it's your life; without it, you're just an empty walking vessel. You may have remembered everything before the accident but now you depend on that book like how you depend on Jin. Now get out of the car."

He clicks his seat belt off and opens the door; getting out of the car, he turns around facing it and takes his coat off, tossing it into the car then closes the door. Minjung also gets out of the car, Jin following behind her. Mark looks over at Sra and streatches his hand out toward her. 

"You're going to need me soon enough Min, trust me and take my hand."

She shakes her head slowly backing up slightly. "What are you saying? Why are we even here?"

Her head aches in pain. She crouches down holding her head in her hands. 'why does my head hurt so much?'

"Min? Are you okay?" Mark says. He bends down to her level. "This is why i said to take my hand."

She looks up at him confused. "Whats with the nickname? You've been calling me that since we left." 

"I used to call you that when we were little. I couldn't before since we were in a professional setting, but now I can." Mark says.

She laugh softly. "Oh i see." She looks over at Jin. 'He doesn't seem to be doing any better than I am'. She forces herself to get up with Mark following her. 

"My offer still stands you know" He says with slight cockiness.

"No, Im fine Mark. Just take me to where you want me to go so we can leave."

Mark faces forward and starts walking toward the yard. She looks back at Jin and takes his hand. "You don't look so good Jin."

"Neither do you. But I'll be fine, hurry before we get left behind by Mark."

She drags Jin along with her as she follows Mark. They pass grave after grave; Minjung's headache is getting more intense. They lost track of where Mark was heading to and stopped where they were. Minjung slowly started rubbing her temples. Her vision was getting slightly blurry. 

"My headaches getting more and more worse, Jin. I don't know if I can keep going." Jin stands on top of a freshly cut tree stump and goes on his toes. He sees Mark not that far from them. He gets off of it.

"Mark's not that far ahead of us. Come on, Minnie."

Despite her raging headache, she gets up and walks right behind Jin until they both see Mark, then they stop. She wobbles slightly. "Is this where you wanted to take me?"

"I don't know how you're going to take this Min but you need to know and see this for yourself and try to remember. She lifts her head up to look at Mark as he moves to the side, giving her a view of the grave:

Here lies Jin      . Loving son, brother and friend.

June 1993- May 2013

Her eyes widen slightly trying to take in this new information and sort it out in her brain. "No way is this real. This can't be real."

Minjung looks over at her side to the figure that's standing a few feet away from her. Her vision becomes clouded with tears. Jin is looking away from her face.

"Jin... Tell me this isn't true. This has got to e some kind of sick joke you both came up with." She says, her voice breaking.

Jin is silent for the moment until it's broken by Mark. "Min, you need to know that Jin isn't here anymore. You're talking to no one right now. Please believe me. It's only you and me.

She shakes her head and keeps herself up, her hands on her knees. "No! What you're telling me isn't true."

"Min, no one-" he gets cut off.

"Jin is not dead, he's right here! Say something Jin, tell him he's wrong. You're only playing a prank on me. i dont get how this is funny" She says, a slight laugh is heard as she panics not hearing anything from Jin.

Tears are streaming down her cheeks, her breathing becoming irregular. Jin turns his head facing the both of them but locks his eyes with Minjung's. He opens his mouth to say something, a tear sliding down his cheek as he's smiling. 

"I will always be there for you, Minnie" 

Before she could answer, she blacks out.


So... How was is? Was it good, bad, horrible?

This was supposed to be about 3 chapters long, but i couldnt really come up with anything since finals are finally over! >.< 

But hope you enjoyed it. There may or may ot be some errors in here; i blame my wireless keyboard <-<

If you want more about this story then tell me ill be more than happy to write more about it. I'll also be starting to write for my other story...Reflection of you. 

bye bye for now <3 muah!